Assigned Followers

Hey so I've read before that you only have to assign a follower to a building right before you loot it to get the bonus items...is that true? Does this also count for the cart spawns in the mine? Maybe for that one you just need a follower when the day resets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about the mine, but the assigning a follower right before you loot is definitely the way to go. That's what I've been doing and I've been doubling my profession output while still sending all my followers on missions.

Deleted
    There is no need to assign a follower to the mine, it's bugged, carts spawn without follower. The way to go is to assign followers to the building when (1) enqueue work orders and (2) when you loot them.

why assign the follower when you queue orders?

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Not sure about the mine, but the assigning a follower right before you loot is definitely the way to go. That's what I've been doing and I've been doubling my profession output while still sending all my followers on missions.
    I can confirm that it works and you don't need to have it assigned when queing work orders, just assigned when you pick up the WOs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeth View Post
    why assign the follower when you queue orders?
    Followers confer bonuses to work order production based on level of follower (level not quality). While it is possible to "cheese" the system by only putting in followers prior to picking up work orders, that also means cleverly scheduling followers to be available to be put into buildings when you need to pick up orders. A whole lot of work if you ask me. A lv 3 barracks will allow you to have 5 more active followers (followers who can be in WO generating buildings)
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Followers confer bonuses to work order production based on level of follower (level not quality). While it is possible to "cheese" the system by only putting in followers prior to picking up work orders, that also means cleverly scheduling followers to be available to be put into buildings when you need to pick up orders. A whole lot of work if you ask me. A lv 3 barracks will allow you to have 5 more active followers (followers who can be in WO generating buildings)
    A whole lot of work? oO
    Depends how badly you need the orders I suppose. Don't have anything that is "urgent" regularly enough to worry about though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    With level 2 profession buildings I can have 14 work orders. I have been checking garrison twice a day at least - Once in the morning, and once in the evening. I am also ensuring all my followers are on missions. It is very easy to see "Oh my Pleasurebot with tailoring is done his mission this morning. Well let's assign him to my tailoring building, pick up the doubled loot for the day, and queue more work orders. Ok Pleasurebot go do another mission while I'm at work."

You don't really need to "cleverly" schedule it when you have 3+ days worth of work orders available in the queue.

The only follower you need to be careful with is the one for the Herb Garden, because the respawn of random vs. selected herbs is tied to the follower.