Spec for Warrior pvp

I'm working on leveling my warrior to 100 for pvp i have some questions. This is mostly for RBGs.

Is Arms still the only pvp spec a warrior can play in?

Is fury still useless(ie: tranq shotting a fury war kills his damage)?

How is glad stance? This is the one im most interested in cause I prefer a sword and shield.

Should have asked these before i got him to 97. I feel like i might have wasted my time.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Gladiator is the way to go, even after nerf. With its single target damage and high survivability, it's still one of the best pvp specs out there. Fury is useless, unfortunately, as you need lots of crit for it to be effective, and pvp gear has it even less. Arms is just bad.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I switched from Fury to Glad.

even with the nerf, I get between 30-40% more DPS in PVE, and survive more than twice as long in PVP. I get more honorable kills on average and can escape horde zerg attacks much easier. Ashran isn't melee friendly at all, however. You'll likely never be as effective as a healer or Ranged DPS in Ashran unless they make some major changes.

Fury will be better all around as the expansion matures for PVE and PVP.
    Arms is completely dead, it is worse than all other specs in both PVE and PVP by far.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    I switched from Fury to Glad.

even with the nerf, I get between 30-40% more DPS in PVE, and survive more than twice as long in PVP. I get more honorable kills on average and can escape horde zerg attacks much easier. Ashran isn't melee friendly at all, however. You'll likely never be as effective as a healer or Ranged DPS in Ashran unless they make some major changes.

Fury will be better all around as the expansion matures for PVE and PVP.
    Arms is completely dead, it is worse than all other specs in both PVE and PVP by far.
    I hate arms. I don't mind fury, but glad stance is the whole reason i was leveling my warrior. So i can still level him and pvp as glad stance and i didnt waste my time? I seem to always end up leveling and gearing out the wrong class at the start of every season and before i realize i have, im too far behind and cant do anything for the rest of the season.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I hate arms. I don't mind fury, but glad stance is the whole reason i was leveling my warrior. So i can still level him and pvp as glad stance and i didnt waste my time? I seem to always end up leveling and gearing out the wrong class at the start of every season and before i realize i have, im too far behind and cant do anything for the rest of the season.
    I wouldn't worry about which class is right or wrong. The are constantly making balance changes every few days.
    Play the one you enjoy the most and make the most of it.

Gladiator stance is fun, but I find Fury to be more fun. When Fury gets better, I'll be switching back. Arms is dry for me, it has been for a long time. I wouldn't mind if the entire spec was broken down and assimilated into Fury and Glad to make way for another spec.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    I wouldn't worry about which class is right or wrong. The are constantly making balance changes every few days.
    Play the one you enjoy the most and make the most of it.

Gladiator stance is fun, but I find Fury to be more fun. When Fury gets better, I'll be switching back. Arms is dry for me, it has been for a long time. I wouldn't mind if the entire spec was broken down and assimilated into Fury and Glad to make way for another spec.
    For normal bgs thats fine. But when doing RBGs, you cant play what you like. You have to play what people want, or you dont get invited to groups. I was doing great through mists until every rbg team turned into a ranged stack game. Then i was useless cause i dont like ranged escept hunter, and without thousands of gold to get arena carries for gear i had no way to get him geared up to get into groups.

I enjoy both Fury and Glad in PvP. Feel forced to play Glad right now since Fury currently has the lowest dps in the game.

Might go back to Fury when/if it gets buffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms is the best for damage. It really is. Anybody telling you otherwise is wrong.

Gladiator is overall better than Arms outside of damage.

Fury is just terrible lol. I mean you can survive better than Arms with it, but it deals zero pressure outside of execute. Fury just sucks playing too, there's no more CS, all you do is mindlessly smash keys to avoid rage cap for crap damage. Raging Blow feels like shit, it almost seems like Wild Strike does more damage.

There's nothing exciting about Fury. It's just a garbage spec in pvp and always has been.

Well after doing many bgs i have come to the conclusion..no glad stance is not viable for pvp. my damage is shit, worse geared fury warriors are out damaging me. i cant kill anyone 1v1 cause they out heal what damage i can do. except for shield wall, glad stance defense isnt any better then other specs. Without charge ppl just walk away from you. Hamstring doesnt seem like ti does shit. With it 100% on ppl they just walk away from me at normal speed. So, as usual, i leveled the wrong class for pvp and wasted my time.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2014-11-29 at 06:30 AM.

Deleted
    The issue doesn't seem to be the class / spec combo, but the player in you case. Arms and Glad are pretty solid. Certainly not OP nor faceroll like feral or ret, and hunter still outdamage us, but it's not as bad as many says.

Maybe you don't use the good talents / glyphs set up (I don't even use harmstring for my glad spec, it's not needed).

Another advice : stick to your favorite classe(s). Even if it's not hard to learn the basics, it always take time to master all the tools available, how and when to use them to their fullest. Don't expect to rise at the lvl of a 10 years playing warrior when you just play yours for a week or two...

Warriors suck at pvp as always. Arms and fury are garbage tier, which I'm sure some arena hero will say it's not true. Prot/gladiator spec used to be nice until they nerfed the damage by 20% (lol). So yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by LatexIdo View Post
    The issue doesn't seem to be the class / spec combo, but the player in you case. Arms and Glad are pretty solid. Certainly not OP nor faceroll like feral or ret, and hunter still outdamage us, but it's not as bad as many says.

Maybe you don't use the good talents / glyphs set up (I don't even use harmstring for my glad spec, it's not needed).

Another advice : stick to your favorite classe(s). Even if it's not hard to learn the basics, it always take time to master all the tools available, how and when to use them to their fullest. Don't expect to rise at the lvl of a 10 years playing warrior when you just play yours for a week or two...
    With a 1 hand and a 2 hand, cause its what i got for fury atm. im doing 3x the damage i did as glad, and actually killing ppl. I was lucky if i got 3 kills a bg with glad with less then 5 deaths, as fury im going over 10. Last BG i just did I went 16/3. Again i leveled the wrong class for pvp. as i always do. now i gotta speed level another class, or this is yet another season where i wont do shit for pvp.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2014-11-29 at 03:26 PM.

I think of all the classes in WoW, after MoP, warriors were definitely the class that needed a new OP pvp / pve spec. I'm glad Blizz noticed this and how perfectly crafted the other classes are in this regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are just bad at Gladiator. It's really good in pvp right now. Pre nerf it was overtuned.
    With a 1 hand and a 2 hand, cause its what i got for fury atm. im doing 3x the damage i did as glad
    Again, this shouldn't be happening. You're blaming the spec instead of yourself. Fury is absolute dogshit outside of execute. Might as well throw that spec in the trash can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Warriors suck at pvp as always. Arms and fury are garbage tier, which I'm sure some arena hero will say it's not true. Prot/gladiator spec used to be nice until they nerfed the damage by 20% (lol). So yeah.
    Arms does good cleave damage and insanely high burst damage. It's fine in PvP, you just depend on others for support. It's a team oriented class.

Gladiator is more self sufficient and deals better sustained damage over Arms. Both specs fill their role fine.

The 20% nerf to Gladiator had to happen because it was way overtuned. I don't understand how some of you don't get this.

Deleted
    If you don't have 2 weapon of the same type for fury, I bet you don't have the 4 pvp set bonus. It is absolutly needed.
    To the point you can sit in def stance as arms with it.

With the lack of crit fury suffers on actual gear... You're doing something wrong as arms / glad to perform better with it... It's our weaker spec by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    You guys are just bad at Gladiator. It's really good in pvp right now. Pre nerf it was overtuned.

Again, this shouldn't be happening. You're blaming the spec instead of yourself. Fury is absolute dogshit outside of execute. Might as well throw that spec in the trash can.

- - - Updated - - -

Arms does good cleave damage and insanely high burst damage. It's fine in PvP, you just depend on others for support. It's a team oriented class.

Gladiator is more self sufficient and deals better sustained damage over Arms. Both specs fill their role fine.

The 20% nerf to Gladiator had to happen because it was way overtuned. I don't understand how some of you don't get this.
    Agreed. Glad was definitely overtuned pre-nerf.

BUT BUT GUIZ!?!? I SAW A FURY WARRIOR DOING ALL KINDS OF DAMAGE IN A RANDOM BG WHAT GIVES?!?!?!?

Random BGs are terrible evidence for what is strong and what isn't. I could play fury in BGs all of mists, because its BGs, and random noobs will fall over to mongo, easy counterable burst damage.

Glad warriors are strong atm. Stronger than arms in my opinion. As others have said, if you are doing the most damage as fury, it's a l2p issue. That, or stop running into crowds with bladestorm then bragging about your damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Well after doing many bgs i have come to the conclusion..no glad stance is not viable for pvp. my damage is shit, worse geared fury warriors are out damaging me. i cant kill anyone 1v1 cause they out heal what damage i can do. except for shield wall, glad stance defense isnt any better then other specs. Without charge ppl just walk away from you. Hamstring doesnt seem like ti does shit. With it 100% on ppl they just walk away from me at normal speed. So, as usual, i leveled the wrong class for pvp and wasted my time.
    Wait what in the world are you talking about? Glad does far more damage than Fury, and for defensives Glad has Last Stand, which is a pretty big boost.

But really, it's more about the raw damage, plus having a built in Dispel is pretty crazy especially with how strong Disc/RDruids are right now. Being able to remove a 130k shield with Shield Slam is crazy good.

Fury is beyond awful, the only way that spec would kill anything is if your opponent is laughing too hard to play the game. Arms is good though, in fact Arms damage is very strong right now from what I've seen. At least in 3s, Arms seems to do more raw damage than Glad, it just lacks the dispel and extra defensive. Whether that's enough to make Glad better kind of depends, but I think both Arms and Glad are perfectly viable in high rated arenas. Just depends what you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post

- - - Updated - - -

This entire post.

People are now going after the shield slam glyph that makes SS dispel each attack, I think that there should maybe be a charge on the dispels for each 10-15th second, because removing it completely may completely break all pressure we have against healers as we have no actual burst cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniox View Post
    This entire post.

People are now going after the shield slam glyph that makes SS dispel each attack, I think that there should maybe be a charge on the dispels for each 10-15th second, because removing it completely may completely break all pressure we have against healers as we have no actual burst cooldowns.
    I actually agree with the internal dispel cool down on Shield Slam. Right now having a dispel every time you Shield Slam is not fair at all.

It should be 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniox View Post
    Omg, warriors can now pvp at the same level as rets, dks, rogues and ferals?! WE CANNOT HAVE SUCH TRAVESTY!

I gave up on casual warrior pvp at the end of TBC. Warriors always get nerfed to be just a shitty class that can only pvp with a healer up their bum. If you want to not require a healer with you to use the toilet, reroll.

Gladiator was almost in the same league as ret, dk and feral, almost cause not really that powerful, and now the nerfs are rolling in. GG.