10+ Year Old Account

BS Did I screw up making a shield?

I saw none in the Ah so I thought it would be good to capitalize on it. I made it 2 days ago I think, and no one will buy it. The highest offer ive got on it is 5k, and other BS items are going for 20-50k on my server. Did I screw up? It has vers and mastery which are decent stats for both prot specs.

Well... Kind of. Unlike other armor (chest, pants, whatever) which is usable by all plate wearers, you've crafted a shield that's only useful for 2 out of the 5 tank classes, 2 specs out of 34.

10+ Year Old Account
    The shield is a rare 630, isn't it? Considering that you can get a 630 rare shield from dungeons (636 if you're lucky), I would've personally spent the Ingots on an epic item. So I wouldn't expect to make a lot of gold out of it, especially if it's not upgraded. And upgrading it isn't worth it IMO.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Yes. Not only is it a lower item level than the armor, it also uses a crafted slot, unlike the inscription off-hand which doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a pretty niche item considering only 2 specs in the game exclusively use shields - Prot Warrior and Prot Paladin. Obviously you'll sometimes see Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman and Ele Shaman as well, but is the shield a STR only item or does it swap STR/INT based on who's using it?

Any other plate item would probably have been better because 9 specs can use plate armor: 3x DK specs, 3x Warrior specs, 3x Paladin specs.

Deleted
    Epic shields are going for 180K on Argent Dawn.. insane imo

I dont know about anyone else, but I only buy items that have crit and mastery on them as a prot war =/ (except for the ones that can have bonus armor on them);

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill try to get like 10k and learn from my mistakes i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Ill try to get like 10k and learn from my mistakes i guess.
    It's the reason you can get an equivalent shield out of a Heroic, as people pointed out.

The 640+ gear only comes from raids (which haven't been released yet).

If I were you I'd consider holding onto it for now and see about creating a Steelforged Essence.

You can then try selling the Essence by itself, or offering to sell it with the shield. A 640+ shield would probably sell.

Of course, once you hit December 9th (two weeks from now) anyone will be able to get into LFR, and raiders will have been into Normal/Heroic for a week (which drops 655/680). You'll be racing against Personal Loot and random drops under Need/Greed then. A main tank for a guild looking to progress and been unlucky in his drops may be willing to shell out extra to upgrade his Heroic shield to LFR quality.

Then again, he may be a BS and crafting his own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sold it for 9k. Feeling pretty dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess it covers some of the cost of the Garn I bought for 15k. Not sure if that was a good deal or not either tbh.