[RESTO] What are the recommended Stat Thresholds?

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of gearing up my Resto Druid for my guilds raid party. From everything I've been reading, it appears that my preferred stat priority is

Spirit (until comfortable with mana regen) > Haste = Mastery > Multistrike > Versatility > Crit > Other (Also, does this seem correct?)

My main question is what are the recommended stat thresholds before I should focus on the next stat? I'm the type of person that likes to know the actual numbers that I need to aim for for each stat, as it just makes it easier for me to understand. Anyone have any input on this? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by phailure25 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of gearing up my Resto Druid for my guilds raid party. From everything I've been reading, it appears that my preferred stat priority is

Spirit (until comfortable with mana regen) > Haste = Mastery > Multistrike > Versatility > Crit > Other (Also, does this seem correct?)

My main question is what are the recommended stat thresholds before I should focus on the next stat? I'm the type of person that likes to know the actual numbers that I need to aim for for each stat, as it just makes it easier for me to understand. Anyone have any input on this? Thanks!
    There are no thresholds anymore. Just focus on getting gear with haste/mastery and spirit on your jewelry slots.

Quote Originally Posted by phailure25 View Post
    Haste = Mastery > Multistrike > Versatility > Crit > Other (Also, does this seem correct?)

My main question is what are the recommended stat thresholds before I should focus on the next stat?
    There's not quite trivial enough math behind it to make it easy to represent here, but if you want to maximise the healing output of 1 Rejuvenation cast, and not modify for more snappiness (more haste), better mana economy (less haste) or take any other considerations, you want the ratio of the buffed coefficient of each stat to be equal to the inverse ratio of their cost.

If you for example have +9.37 Haste on your character sheet, and +17.23 Mastery (buffed), the coefficients are 1.0937 and 1.1723 respectively and your Mastery to Haste ratio becomes 1.1723/1.0937=1.072. Mastery costs 88 points per percentage point, Haste costs 100/1.05^2=90.7 points per percentage point. The inverse Mastery to Haste ratio of their cost becomes Haste cost divided by Mastery cost, 90.7/88=1.023. In this particular case the Mastery to Haste ratio (1.072) is higher than the inverse ratio of their cost (1.023) which means you will benefit more from more Haste than from more Mastery, since that would bring those numbers closers.

The same goes for the relationship between all secondary stats. The cost for Multistrike is 105.6, Crit 110 and Versatility 131.

This is the simple pure math perspective to maximising healing. In reality there's loads of other considerations, and in any case the secondary stats are all so good you're going to have to do pretty hardcore stuff for it to actually matter.