Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Duano View Post
    So basicly High Tide atm in CM is useless. You almost never cast it becuse it heals for too little per target.
    Sure, but who cares about CMs? It's obviously a raiding talent. Chain Heal has always been underwhelming in five man groups. It's when you have 10+ potential targets that the spell really shines.

Echo of Elements is useless because the proc is so rare.
    What? It procs all the time! It procs faster than I can use up the procs sometimes, and all those extra Tidal Waves stacks help a lot with mana. The extra cleanse casts are also handy some times, and make fights like the last boss in slag mines a complete joke. It's not exactly reliable, but it doesn't have to be.

And tbh you can NOT have ancestral Swiftness. Its a must. So many saves with that one.
    I used to think so too, but try playing without it. The only times that Ancestral Swiftness actually saves anyone is if they would have died during that GCD. It's extremely rare that anyone actually dies just as you're casting Healing Surge on them, and if it does then it's usually from taking so much damage that they would have died anyway.

So basicly only way chain heal can compete with HW on mana is if all 5 players need healing and its casted on shielded and riptided target.
    Chain Heal isn't suppose to compete in HPM. It's a HPS spell.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    On the condition that people are stationary. The totem isn't much use if people have to run away from it due to fight mechanics.
    From my understanding, CBT places a buff on the shaman who casts it and when the totem expires the healing is released in a 40 yd radius from the shaman - not the totem. I could be wrong about this since I haven't tested it but the visual effect, buff and ambiguous tool tip description make me think its the shaman that releases the healing. Either way, 40 yds is a pretty large radius.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently happy with High Tide, the fact that it doesn't diminishes with each jump makes it REALLY useful. I haven't tried Storm Elemental on heroics, but Clouburst is just way too messy and requires 2 bursts of dmg to be indeed useful.

About UL, I tend to use it with a Chain Heal when I need to top the group or on a Tidal Wave-bufffed HS for a big tank heal.

How are shamans doing in CM? Haven't done them yet.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

I cleared all cm with silver.
    think about CBT as a enhancement to our healing totem. it gives the healing totem a burst at the end (usually 5k-15k heal to everyone every 30sec)
    they both have 30 sec cd, so I use a cast sequence macro to bind them together.
    In CM, most of the time we can not afford to cast a HW or HS to heal dps. rapt, healing totem and CBT should be enough to heal dps.
    I have tried all 3 100 talents. the storm element is a joke. CBT is best for 5 man or CM IMO because I rarely use chain heal in 5 man. for tomorrow's raid, i think high tide is the way to go.
    btw, CBT is a 5 man talent not a raid talent, it heals for nothing in raid.

I dont have a fix cm group, so im running in pugs and see al kind of different stuff. I managed to get some bronze and 2 silver by pugging cm.

Actually i run hightide, echo and elemtal blast in cm. other stuff just istn worthwile. Echo is either for riptide , or , which is way stronger in many situations, double unleash life movement + supercharge.

For gear i go for so much crit and multistrike and spellpower as possible, other stats i dont mind at all.

(damn those tanks eat dmg, i have healed through bossfights were tanks ate 35 k dps dmg taken, with my main spell that only heals like 25 k in 1,3 seconds), and i only wear throughput (int ) trinkets. Having like 200 to 300 spellpower more in cm is huge, and way more important than some spirit.

Hightide works pretty well in cm, on some bosses i really like the function to have the chain reach that mage guy with riptide up that is like "on the other side of the map its cool to be".
    Chainheal isnt used often, but if its huge. i often combine it with unleash too.

Elemental blast for mana regen, its really huge. 1 k spirit doubles your regen for those 8 seconds, but sometimes its hard to find a window to cast it, but its possible. Some guide on icy veins are wrong on this, they state is 200 or so spirit. its WAY more. The only other valid option is unleash talent, if you want to throw out 150 k + crits.
    But if u need to crit for 150 k und cast unleash, the tank is probably dead by the time your spell ends Thats mainly why a favor Elemental Blast.

I tried most combinations, there are some I like, but I find all to be pretty lackluster for the 5 man content we're currently passing through:

Tier 60:
    Can't really go wrong here, because all the talents are good in their own way.
    Elemental Mastery is really good when you need an extra cooldown (self BL basically) or when combined with Healing Tide totem (to beef it up a bit for 5 mans)
    Ancestral Swiftness is what I'm currently using. I like the instant heal (although I honestly forget about it often as well) and the passive 5% haste.
    Echo of the Elements is not my personal favorite, but it does seem to be very strong in combination with other talents (UF and High Tide in particular).

Tier 75
    This tier has 1 major winner for me, 1 solid option for specific scenarios and 1 talent you should never pick.
    Rushing Streams is the big winner here. People hate on the healing stream totem a lot, but the healing it does is amazing (especially once you pick up some gear) and increasing that by 130% just blows every other heal out of the water when it comes to HPM and HPCT. An instant that heals for ~1000% spellpower is quite something.
    Ancestral Guidance is good in specific situations, mostly those where you need an extra burst AoE heal capability. Personally I found that I genearlly don't need it in current CMs; but there are a few boss fights where I wouldn't mind having the extra split healing capability.
    Conductivity should simply never be taken. I dont see any situation where this would be good with Healing Rain as it currently is. IMO this talent is a prime example of negligence of our talent tree by blizzard; they simply didn't even tackle this talent after the Healing Rain change in 6.0.

Tier 90
    Unleashed Fury is in my opinion the best talent in this tree. The extra power it gives is exactly what we're often lacking at the moment. Using UF can give your HW/HS the extra UMPH it needs to get the tank topped off (allowing you time to offheal others) and similarly it can power your chain heal to so it's actually worth the long cast time even in 5 mans.
    Primal Elementalist is something I haven't played enough with yet. But theoretically I don't see it as the best option. 10% extra healing is really solid, but it's not really what we need from a cooldown. IMO my cooldowns need to either give me better burst healing, or better AoE healing. And this really doesn't do either. I think the 10% extra healing will be a bigger help later on (+ possibly in raids early on), but not in 5 man content.
    Elemental Blast is a talent i used for a while. The mana regen you get through this is absolutely amazing. But my major beef with it, is that I simply can't afford wasting GCDs on dps abilities. For cutting edge content (which is generally the ONLY content where you'd need the extra regen!), I would have to go out of my way to create a GCD where I can use a damage ability instead of a heal, this would basically force me to burn the mana I would get in return (if not more) beforehand. If this were some kind of healing bolt, I could justify using it a lot better and I would maybe pick this up again.

Tier 100
    Cloudburst Totem. I used this for quite a long time, mostly trying to get the best uses out of this. The healing it does isn't too bad (if you do the math), but it's too tricky to time and requires a bit too much effort to charge properly (aka spam heal). This might see a lot of uses in raids as the tooltip (from what I can tell) doesn't say the healing has to come from the shaman himself. If it gathers all healing, it could be pretty good.
    Also I quite like the timing element of weaving HST and CBT.
    Storm Elemental. The weakest option in this tier. I'm gonna try it some more in heroics, but I generally don't like it. The healing is poor and the cooldown is way too long.
    High Tide will probably be the go-to talent for most resto shamans (unless CBT provides some sick burst AoE). Also IMO the best for 5 mans / CM as losing the diminishing returns per jump helps a lot. Plus it mashes well with either the glyph or EotE.

I'm personally rolling with glyph of riptide and High Tide at the moment. But I plan on trying out EotE again.

Deleted
    I've been healing a couple of Cm's recently with bronze times mostly pugs with 1 or 2 guildies. The setup I'm using is as following:

Tier 60 Elemental Mastery
    Tier 75 Rushing Streams
    Tier 90 Primal Elementalist
    Tier 100 Cloudburst Totem

I find HTT a little weak without anything to buff it during heavy aoe dmg periods that's when is synchronises nicely with Elemental Mastery+ if needed versatility trinket. I hate any kind of randomness as a healer so EoE doesn't cut for me. AS is and will be a strong choice but my personal bl is the winner for me.
    I've experimented with AG but with rather pitiful results, HR feels at least for me like a loss of a GCD and I hardly ever use it maybe except from 1st boss on ubrs so Conductivity is a nono. HST does significant amount of healing atm so why not rush it :3
    Tier 90 is probably the most interesting one to choose from. Unleashed Fury is a strong choice but if you're lucky you can crit for 100-120k even without UF. So far I've been rolling with PE with glyphed Fire Ele. It's 10% more healing on demand when you need it the most and since we are a bit lacklustre in terms of defensive cd's especially on fights like warlord zaela (them chain pulls into fire) another 20% less dmg taken with earth ele saved my ass a couple of times. I usually don't have mana problems if I plan my cd's properly so EB feels useless even more after I started using the spirit weapon enchant.
    Tier 100
    Storm Ele? Just no, got enough totems to weave around. High Tide is really powerful but also very costly so use it wisely - one or two more CH casted can be your doom. I really rarely cast CH during CM runs during boss fights there is usually no time to afford the 2.2 or 2.3 sec cast unless I'd like to top up melee/ranged group when tank is safe then yeah maybe or during Ascendance - the god mode panic cd when everything goes bad. Cloudburst on the other hand synergies with HST very well and the healing it does is roughly the same or a bit lower. You can sometimes delay it a bit and break 15-15sec rotation so you can explode CT with HST when you need the burst just to save some lives. With the current HS HW spam in CM it accumulates just enough to be significant.

As for my glyphs it's Fire Ele, shorter SWG/Healing Wave and Cleansing Waters(the one that heals after dispel-found it useful in today's Auchindoun run where dots tick for 50k). I find the non glyphed Riptide initial heal really strong.

My stat prio Mast>Haste>Crit=Vers>Mult Mastery overall in Cm feels powerful when ppl get low, haste for lower cast times=more HW than HS overall helps my mana and after that I don't really care whereas Multistrike feels too random as a healer stat and I try to avoid that.
    Last edited by mmoce7bcbf6526; 2014-12-02 at 10:34 AM.

Shaman healing is a different style now. Basically you want to get to around 1200 spirit. Then you want to stack mastery or haste, pretty much equal. You want to run with Conductivity, Cloudburst, and Totemic Persistence. This allows you to have a lot of HoT's out which allows you to roll Riptide+HW+Unleashed Fury into the tank while the party is still taking healing from cloudbursts+Healing Stream+Healing Rain. Keeping your Healing Rain up for 30s is your primary goal as the mana efficiency is amazing. Also keeping Cloudburst+Healing Stream down as much as possible at the same time is awesome. They will combine for about 15% of your healing and it's party wide. In sticky situations you will obviously drop Cloudburst+Healing Tide or CB+HT+Ascendence+Healing Rain. Also popping a mana pot on CM boss fights is nice.