Page 1 of 2
LastLast

In One Word Why This Expac Is Bad....

....PvP wise this expac interrupts are out of control...I'm sure they intended it to me a melee dominant expansion (it is called Warriors of Draenor and NOT Wizards of Draenor) but the amount of interrupts in light of ability pruning has some builds with absolutely nothing to do but bunny hop...

This basically describes PvP since TBC. Kick, Stun, Silence. The cc's were pruned a bit but it is still a largely cc dominated game (as it should be, otherwise the game is just a DPS/Heal race).

Also, it's called "Warlords" of Draenor, not Warriors... Not all the warlords are warriors either, they are Shamans / Warlocks / etc.

While Krimson is right, the removal of instant healing hurt some classes more then others. And some classes are better 'made' to destroy anyone who casts. But I'm a bit jilted as Holy Paladins seem to just get killed in one kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    I'm a bit jilted as Holy Paladins seem to just get killed in one kick.
    Indeed, Disc Priests on the other hand have no trouble at all dealing with interrupts.

For my feeling the CC possibilities didn't change at all with this expansion. Some spells are gone, but the amount of CC around is the same as it has always been. All in all, the removal of some CC spells didn't change anything imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Indeed, Disc Priests on the other hand have no trouble at all dealing with interrupts.
    Disc has one useful instant cast spell....

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    (it is called Warriors of Draenor and NOT Wizards of Draenor)
    No it's not, it's called Warlords of Draenor, and at least one of them is a Warlock...
    Last edited by tehpwner; 2014-11-26 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    For my feeling the CC possibilities didn't change at all with this expansion. Some spells are gone, but the amount of CC around is the same as it has always been. All in all, the removal of some CC spells didn't change anything imo.
    The removal of CC is absolutely huge to be honest. The game is so much more fluid and playable, no more 20+ second CC chains by anything other than a Rogue, it's amazing.

As for interrupts, that's what juking is for. Sure they have stuns, but that's always been the case. Juke kick, get stunned on your next heal, their kick is down now and you can free cast for 10 seconds. Don't really think it's bad at all honestly, plus most classes have an aura mastery anyway. PvP is way more fun this expansion than last, probably the best it's been since Burning Crusade.

if you are playing a comp where you are not getting offheals in this expansion then you need to re-evaluate your comp choice.

if you can't beat em, join em. that's how wow PVP works. (see: entire rbg bracket 2.2+ for s14/s15)

Deleted
    Bots.

2 weeks into the expansion and I can't do battlegrounds without getting infested with bots. This is worse than Silkroad Online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    Bots.

2 weeks into the expansion and I can't do battlegrounds without getting infested with bots. This is worse than Silkroad Online.
    I have had hardly any bot bgs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I have had hardly any bot bgs
    I'm frequently getting half my team as bots but I am playing later than I should.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    I'm frequently getting half my team as bots but I am playing later than I should.
    I don't remember a time where bots weren't deemed a problem by the community.

I personally don't mind them. I just kind of faceroll over them. It's not like you can be outsmarted by these things... It isn't that hard to do a 1v2 or 1v3, unless you're playing something godawful at 1vx like ele / mage / etc. And it doesn't take that much communication to kill a flag carrier or cap a base in a random bg, to be honest...

(it is called Warriors of Draenor and NOT Wizards of Draenor)
    and it was called world of wizardcraft last expansion. deal with it.

Deleted
    Garrisons.

Why do we need this BS? I do not want to concentrate on anything else than my character, though I have to admit, that I don't know much about garrisons, after leveling two chars to 100. Gonna have to read one of those 50 page guides sooner or later... but for the moment, I do not understand the system, the reasons for it's existence and whether I have a disadvantage or not in PvP if I completely ignore garrisons. No idea.

....PvP wise this expac interrupts are out of control...I'm sure they intended it to me a melee dominant expansion (it is called Warriors of Draenor and NOT Wizards of Draenor) but the amount of interrupts in light of ability pruning has some builds with absolutely nothing to do but bunny hop...
    It's pretty much the same now as it was in WotLK and Cata. Casters are just too used to Mists of Wizardry where mages didn't ever cast anything

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    Garrisons.

Why do we need this BS? I do not want to concentrate on anything else than my character, though I have to admit, that I don't know much about garrisons, after leveling two chars to 100. Gonna have to read one of those 50 page guides sooner or later... but for the moment, I do not understand the system, the reasons for it's existence and whether I have a disadvantage or not in PvP if I completely ignore garrisons. No idea.
    I felt the same way in the beginning. Hang in there and once you get used to it and you'll start to appreciate it.

Way to much loot RNG... Having to roll ure drop, warforged and socket basically means it's unlikely to ever get BiS and personally I like to eventually be BiS it's just nice to feel complete even if it's just for a little while. That and if one of the top-tier guilds happens to get huge RNG on these few rolls then it could be the difference between world 1st/world 2nd and I would like that competition to be as little RNG-Involved as posible.

There is no doubt the xpac/ 1st patch is heavily melee favored. Just go to Noxxic and check out the top single target DPS. There isn't a single caster in the top 10. Avg. caster dmg is sub par to the avg melee dmg, add in the fact Blizz gimped most casters (mostly healers) by taking away most casts on the run and casters are in a very tough spot. The real big underlying issue, however; is that all of the gap closers and snare removing abilities melee gained since WOTLK did not go away. Just about every single Melee ability Blizzard added since WOTLK to counter casters who cast on the run did NOT go away. How is this fair? And yet, Blizzard desperately wants Esports $$$. The PVP is laughable, always has been and I see no compelling reason why it won't always be that way

Deleted
    I can't support that. I'm a fully geared warrior who are known for their incredible damage output but a half geared healer (even paladins) survive more than long enough for team mates to react. In MoP a healer could withstand 2 dps with differenc CC types for a good amount of time which was just stupid design but healers got used to not being challenged at their role much. Druids are still slippery as hell, paladin and shaman are still shield wielding plate that don't pop instantly. Priests and Monks need a bit more work than they did before because for example the monks (completely passive and thus braindead) invulnerability during stuns is gone but that was a poorly designed passive from the start because it aimed only against rogues and warriors (charge stun) who couldn't do much but activate it by default.

With the level of interrupts today honestly why fake cast? I think meta game will realize its far better for a DPS to NEVER fake cast...your healer will thank you!

With the level of interrupts today honestly why fake cast? I think meta game will realize its far better for a DPS to NEVER fake cast...your healer will thank you!
    if you are a dps and you get interrupted, that means your healer can free cast for several seconds, as long as the other enemy's interrupt is down too.

it's not like an interrupt locks out every person on the team.