Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Man, when are those illegal brits going back to UK?
    -native americans-
    never america was built by those illegal brits and many others...
    Spec: i5 4670k - MSI Z87M-G43 - HyperX 8GB -Corsair H100 - GTX 980 ti

Quote Originally Posted by IISlayerxII View Post
    never america was built by those illegal brits and many others...
    I'm pretty sure America was built by gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    I'm a real American and I'm not tired of it.
    Well you are in the 29% minority. We are going to be playing majority rule after January.

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Another Obamacaregate issue.
    Nope, just a standard Vyxn thread about the ACA. Next thing you will see is him posting bullshit polls about how Americans want Obamacare repealed but if you tell them what the actual bill does they don't want it repealed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    and what might those long list of things be exactly?
    Just about every scandal that isn't tied to Obama you could think of. I mean Hooked is probably one of those people from Louisiana that thinks Obama is at fault for Katrina still even though he wasn't in office then.

It really isn't an incentive at all. If they don't provide them coverage, they're going to get into trouble for hiring illegals because it's really god damned obvious that they're doing so when they don't provide some of their employees coverage. What are they going to do, not provide coverage and not pay the fine "Because they're illegal aliens!"? It's not going to be worth it in the long run because the penalties for hiring illegals increase with each incident. At best you could say they get some cheaper work for a short time but they also have to deal with all the garbage that goes with that.
    How are you going to check? At bare minimum it's going to require an investigation for each business suspected of abusing this loophole, which requires more resources than are available at present. And at 3 grand a head, I suspect there's going to be a great many abuses. As much as I'd love to make the argument you're making (that businesses care about the long term) I can't stand with you on that platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    How are you going to check? At bare minimum it's going to require an investigation for each business suspected of abusing this loophole, which requires more resources than are available at present. And at 3 grand a head, I suspect there's going to be a great many abuses. As much as I'd love to make the argument you're making (that businesses care about the long term) I can't stand with you on that platform.
    The same exact argument can be made for them not paying legal citizens. 3 grand a head doesn't compare with 10k a head plus possible jail time.

The same exact argument can be made for them not paying legal citizens. 3 grand a head doesn't compare with 10k a head plus possible jail time.
    There's already an expectation to break the law concerning the hiring of illegals. And for certain, without the added bonus of 3 thousand bucks, things like this already happen. Sometimes the offenders get caught, but most of the time they don't. Never mind that accusing a business for something that amounts to the crime of "hiring a Latino" is fraught with legal pitfalls that can and do become very expensive lawsuits. Seriously, are you going to ask a Latino if he is an illegal and expect any answer but "no, sir"?

And people here bash Sweden for criticizing immigration, illegal immigrants are called "paper-less" here...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

There's already an expectation to break the law concerning the hiring of illegals. And for certain, without the added bonus of 3 thousand bucks, things like this already happen. Sometimes the offenders get caught, but most of the time they don't. Never mind that accusing a business for something that amounts to the crime of "hiring a Latino" is fraught with legal pitfalls that can and do become very expensive lawsuits. Seriously, are you going to ask a Latino if he is an illegal and expect any answer but "no, sir"?
    Except pre-ACA there was no expectation for employers to provide healthcare for their employees, which meant less scrutiny. So either they're hiring illegals and providing them insurance and not risking exposure anymore than pre-ACA or they're hiring illegals and not insuring them and paying the fine for not providing insurance. Otherwise they're going to receive scrutiny due to the ACA, revealing the illegal nature of their hire, and they can't really argue that they didn't know when they refused to insure them or pay the fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Well you are in the 29% minority. We are going to be playing majority rule after January.
    You mean the "minority" which is really the majority that doesn't want it repealed?

Queues up for Vyxn's out of date polls next.

Keeping illegal immigrants "illegal" is a subsidy to hiring them. It has always been cheaper to employ illegal aliens than legal workers. The legal workers have rights. Those rights have costs. If you want to employ workers without having to pay the costs associated with those rights, then just use illegal immigrants who can't go the courts for fear of deportation.

This isn't a new thing. The only thing new is that Washington Times is spinning this out about the ACA. But you can use the same logic for minimum wage, unionization rights (if you pretend they exist), overtime protections, wage theft, child labor, and just generalized abuse of your employees.

Except pre-ACA there was no expectation for employers to provide healthcare for their employees, which meant less scrutiny. So either they're hiring illegals and providing them insurance and not risking exposure anymore than pre-ACA or they're hiring illegals and not insuring them and paying the fine for not providing insurance. Otherwise they're going to receive scrutiny due to the ACA, revealing the illegal nature of their hire, and they can't really argue that they didn't know when they refused to insure them or pay the fine.
    Or, y'know, they just don't list the worker on their payrolls and pay them from a non-payroll fund, which means the only way the authorities ever find out is if somebody goes and tips off the authorities in question. The initial accusation would be tantamount to racial profiling, by the way, because the thought process must necessarily be "wow, there are lots of Mexicans around. This seems suspicious..." Which means nobody's going to make that accusation which means the authorities won't catch wind of it and welcome to the end of the thought process, fashionably late as usual.

Nevermind that the operation would have to be large for it to not be a net waste of taxpayer resources; 3 grand a head is a lot to a small business but I'm betting it's cheaper for the authorities to let Pedro walk than it is to bring him in.

Or, y'know, they just don't list the worker on their payrolls and pay them from a non-payroll fund, which means the only way the authorities ever find out is if somebody goes and tips off the authorities in question. The initial accusation would be tantamount to racial profiling, by the way, because the thought process must necessarily be "wow, there are lots of Mexicans around. This seems suspicious..." Which means nobody's going to make that accusation which means the authorities won't catch wind of it and welcome to the end of the thought process, fashionably late as usual.

Nevermind that the operation would have to be large for it to not be a net waste of taxpayer resources; 3 grand a head is a lot to a small business but I'm betting it's cheaper for the authorities to let Pedro walk than it is to bring him in.
    You think people aren't going to tip off the authorities? Prosecutors are going to be more interested in punishing businesses than deporting people who were contributing to the economy. Arguably there is a disincentive to hire illegals because of this.

Also, questioning the legal status of an employee based on the fact that the employer is not providing insurance nor paying the fine is not racial profiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I happened to do AutoCAD for a construction company for over 10 years
    No you didn't.

7+ Year Old Account
    You could fix this loophole with an amendment to the law itself.

Sides, workers, in realistic microeconomics, have their own set of skills and talents. The monetary incentive is really just a minor thing unless the work is really, really brain-dead easy that even a monkey could do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."

10+ Year Old Account
    ACA threads are always a hoot here. No law sheds more light on the delusional world the leftist kids live in. Even Chuckie Schumer thinks passing the law was a huge mistake.
    There are Old Divers. There are Bold Divers. There are no Old, Bold Divers.

Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    You could fix this loophole with an amendment to the law itself.
    You could, pretty easily, I agree. Whether they do or not will be a litmus test for whether it's a feature or a bug.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Lies, more lies. Real Americans are growing tired of it, time for impeachment.
    You've been screaming lies, impeachment, and UnAmerican for a couple of years now all while saying "soon".

I'm sure when the bill's protections of consumers gets neutered by the Republicans, yet the mandate is still there, you'll call it a win.

- - - Updated - - -

I get the feeling that Hooked's "soon" is like the Blizzard "soon", only Blizzard actually delivers.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    ACA threads are always a hoot here. No law sheds more light on the delusional world the leftist kids live in. Even Chuckie Schumer thinks passing the law was a huge mistake.
    What's up with all the hate towards the left? I mean lately most of the crazy shit has been coming from the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What's up with all the hate towards the left? I mean lately most of the crazy shit has been coming from the right.
    pay back is hell remember comments like this from your king "Elections have consequences" and "you can go sit in the back of the bus" well guess what elections have consequences now you can go sit in the back of the buss