Deleted

Current status on paladin tanking

What's the current status on Paladin tanking? As i have thinking about maining Pala this expansion and are new to the tanking role

the fundementals are the same from MoP. We have a new stat priority, but the rotation and CD usage remains the same. least changed class (tanking role) in my opinion. however I think vengence was amazing, and im not a big fan of resolve. my 2 cents .

Current status - strong.

Read the thread linked for a better explanation
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    Thanks

Then i just need to level it from 82 to 90. How long would that take on average?

10+ Year Old Account
    About 4 times longer than it took you to get from 90 to 92

Second best tank in the game after Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Second best tank in the game after Warrior.
    *after blood dks

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    *after blood dks
    I guess tbf he did say "current" and currently there are no raids so yip, blood dks are super strong... Wait till raiding though lol
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
    I guess tbf he did say "current" and currently there are no raids so yip, blood dks are super strong... Wait till raiding though lol
    Once raid gear shows up we'll have more mastery and multistrike, we'll be gods all over again. ^_^
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    *after blood dks
    Not really, Warriors beat DKs by a long shot in WoD. Better dps, better movement.

Deleted
    Paladin isn't good aoe tank right?

Quote Originally Posted by fc0712 View Post

Yeah 70k dps on AoE is pretty bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDTF View Post
    Yeah 70k dps on AoE is pretty bad.

Okay my bad, that's just what i've heard maybe it was in regards to pulling AOE as the other tanking class got some sort of charge ability or pull ability

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Once raid gear shows up we'll have more mastery and multistrike, we'll be gods all over again. ^_^
    Except theres a total of 2 plate items with multistrike aswell as 2 items with mastery in Highmaul... Too much haste, quite sad cause most plate speccs despise haste :/

Gotta wait for Foundry

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Not really, Warriors beat DKs by a long shot in WoD. Better dps, better movement.
    Are you kidding? Yeah thats why you can find blood DKs in only like 90% of all the top 100 CM groups ...

Quote Originally Posted by schleimhaut View Post
    Are you kidding? Yeah thats why you can find blood DKs in only like 90% of all the top 100 CM groups ...
    That's not why, perhaps you're forgetting how good blood dk's are for smaller situations like CMs (and how they were borderline op for mists CMs originally too until people started worrying more about time instead of safety.)

Quote Originally Posted by fc0712 View Post
    I dunno, with the change to avenger's shield (can now get them from crusader strike/HoR), I feel like our AoE is pretty strong. I can typically keep up with dps in heroics, which I think is the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    I dunno, with the change to avenger's shield (can now get them from crusader strike/HoR), I feel like our AoE is pretty strong. I can typically keep up with dps in heroics, which I think is the idea.
    "Keep up"

I (and most others so I'm not playign with my epeen here) stomp DPS into the ground on AOE nearly all the time.

If using Seraphim well it's plausible to beat some DPS on single target as well, but I think they were just bad pugs. But we're the kings of AOE at the moment. (don't know how other tanks do at it, just comparing to DPS).

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    But we're the kings of AOE at the moment. (don't know how other tanks do at it, just comparing to DPS).
    I only have experience with paladin and monk at 100, but I will admit that paladin poops on monk sustained aoe right now. The main reason is because paladin gets seraphim to make them tankier and do damage while monks have to sacrifice tanky for dps with Chi Explosion (and it's baaad).