Deleted

That 100% Invincible Mount thing

I hadn't heard of it until I read wowhead but apparently there's a confirmed exploit that gets you the mount. I just tried it and it didn't work. Is this a hoax or did I just do something wrong? Not sure about the rules regarding exploits so I won't write it, but it can be found here if you want to look.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=50818/in...reins#comments

Hotfixed, hoax or did I do it wrong? Did everything up to LK on 10M then went out and switched to 25. Changed to 25HC inside

Edit: This probably should have been in General.

Changing the difficulty will NOT impact the dropchance. Never has, never will. You've been able to go from 10N -> 25HC since forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Changing the difficulty will NOT impact the dropchance. Never has, never will. You've been able to go from 10N -> 25HC since forever.

Exactly, my friend and I have been farming LK for ages and do the whole thing up to LK himself on 10m then switch. RNG is a cruel bitch, and she can't be swayed by such trickery
    Last edited by Issalice; 2014-11-26 at 11:10 PM. Reason: stupid typo

it used to be 100% when the content was current, like ragnaros, dragon soul etc.

All you are doing is making the trip easier to him. And frankly, at this point, with most of the encounters ending in under 30sec anyways, I don't think it matters. Whomever told of you this being a "trick" to get it 100% is a moron.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Well apparently going from 10m to 25m to 25HC like I described in the OP is supposed to make the droprate 100%.

Well apparently going from 10m to 25m to 25HC like I described in the OP is supposed to make the droprate 100%.
    I used the 10N -> 25HC method just earlier today and the mount did not drop. I've also been doing it every week for quite a while. It is a hoax.

that has never been the case and if it had more people wouldve exploited it...

blizzard woud have hotfixed it quicker than anyhting if it was

Deleted
    Not only that, but since the recent hotfixes a week or two ago, you won't be able to change to 25 man from 10 after killing any bosses there.

Deleted
    I have farmed LK25HC for such a long time and done the way you described with doing everything on 10man normal and then switch before LK. If anyone have said this would make the mount 100% drop chance they are straight up lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Done this months with multiple characters, not 100% at all.

Deleted
    Okay, thanks for confirming my suspicions. Just wanted to double check.

lol wut , ive done this every week to clear it faster.. I do Ulduar on 10m also then switch to 25 at the end...

has nothing to do with drop chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    has nothing to do with drop chance.
    Well it does increase it from 0% to whatever the actual drop chance is since it doesn't drop in anything other than 25H. :P
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Always been farming it like this, nothing new. No drop chance increase, just people spreading lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DCT1080 View Post
    Not only that, but since the recent hotfixes a week or two ago, you won't be able to change to 25 man from 10 after killing any bosses there.
    What hotfixes are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

People confuse this all the time.

Flipping heroic on saves you to a specific instance ID. So if you flip into heroic on 10man, you're saved to only that heroic 10. If you flip into heroic 25, you're only able to access those 25man bosses.

Normal mode locks you on a boss by boss basis, and you're able to switch between 10 and 25 all you want.

The idea is you can clear on 10man NORMAL, and then zone out, set the instance to 25, zone back in and set the instance to heroic. If you try to clear 10heroic and zone out, you won't be able to change to 25H.

1st, Clearing 10m normal, up to him then going out and going to 25 then 25HC when you're back inside isn't an exploit and it doesn't make invincible have a 100% chance to drop. It has NEVER worked this way and everyone who has been farming invincible for any length of time used this method to make it faster anyway. It's the fastest way to get back in there and get another chance at looting the mount from him. Only way you can do it even faster is to have a lockout at lich king that you give to a friend then jump to an alt and clear it out without ever letting your friend complete it or your character holding the lockout, that way you can only do lich king numerous times every week and it's significantly faster.

2nd, pretty sure posting things about exploits and junk is against the forum rules around here. Even though this is a load and completely wrong, you're still TRYING to look for an exploit. You just need to man up like everyone else and farm it until it drops if you really want it.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    I can confirm this exploit works, it took me about 100+ kills to get it right but what you have to do is kill him while holding down the space bar when you loot him, if you do it right he drops the mount 100% of the time, it takes some practise to get it right but it works, only took me 100+ kills.

thats only true for heroic difficulty. Litteraly nothign changed, they just explained it during an exrelated update.