Skull of War for UH

I understand Crit is quite low on priority for stat weights, but would it be worth picking it up over my 615 Saberon's protector if I can get a relatively cheap one?
    I'm having awful luck with the trinkets from Auchindoun and Skyreach, as far as I know they are BiS pre-raid.

Skull of war will be pf course better than the 615 trinket but I doubt that its worth any investment as it can't even beat hc dungeon trinkets. Even if I would be in the sitaution that I simply canÄt get a 630 trinket until raid opens or whatever you need it for I wouldn't pay more than 5k for that trinket, its simply bad.

If you want to buy a trinket, buy scabbard of kyanos, its way better than skull of war, better than all hc dungeon trinkets and can pull its weight against highmaul geroic trinkets, so that trinket will atleast stay equipped for a while if you are not incredibly lucky for trinket drops in raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    Skull of war will be pf course better than the 615 trinket but I doubt that its worth any investment as it can't even beat hc dungeon trinkets. Even if I would be in the sitaution that I simply canÄt get a 630 trinket until raid opens or whatever you need it for I wouldn't pay more than 5k for that trinket, its simply bad.
    Source please?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    Source please?
    The crit from Skull of War won't beat the mastery or multistrike you get passively from some of the dungeon heroics. If it does, it's by a little amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    Source please?
    It's on par with the H dungeon trinkets. I posted a list in the Preliminary WoD stats thread (last page).

Quote Originally Posted by Taninsam View Post
    It's on par with the H dungeon trinkets. I posted a list in the Preliminary WoD stats thread (last page).
    It should still be noted, that the ranking is in mythic BiS gear and at that point the relative power of crit to other stats is very likely to be increased, especially compared to strength so that the skull gives better results for that high ilvl and should most definitely fall behind fires of the sun and mote of corruption in the pre mythic gear range.

The problem with the skull is the low strength (117) compared to fires of the sun (159 non wf). The crit pro averages a solid 242 crit which is way higher than 159 MS and even with crit being way weaker than MS or mastery those 242 crit are worth more than 159 MS/mastery but the missing 40 strength turn that in favor of the dungeon trinkets at lower ilvls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taninsam View Post
    Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. How well does this transfer to 2h frost being secondary stats aren't of equal value?

Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    It should still be noted, that the ranking is in mythic BiS gear.
    Yes, I forgot to clarify that I ran the simulations on mythic gear. Nonetheless, from what I've seen on my other simulations, the list is very similar in heroic gear.