Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Honestly, I'm not 100% sure. But then I wasn't 100% sure for ESO or WildStar, but I would have been blown away if either had pre-release reviews given that both are MMO's with persistent worlds (as opposed to simple lobby based multiplayer heavy games).
    Is it a persistent world game, though?

Actually, I think the meaning of that term got kind of muddled recently. Yes, in most MMOs we have avatars that we return to and level up and keep playing to unlock more things. But the world itself doesn't change much in most games. Sure, you can get some phasing like in WoW, but that's a personal thing. It's like having a slice of single player on your MMO experience.

Uh, I digress. I'm guessing The Crew lets you go around an open world and see other people also driving around and exploring the world? Kind of like a beefed-up Fuel in multiplayer mode, maybe?
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thank god there are people in the beta already saying the game is a bad driving game, that the controls feel wrong and the framerate isnt ideal so thank god for buggysoft
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    You should watch TotalBiscuits video on what review embargo's really mean and that they aren't as evil as people make them out to be. Some times they can be, but most of the time they're not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Well thank god there are people in the beta already saying the game is a bad driving game, that the controls feel wrong and the framerate isnt ideal so thank god for buggysoft
    A beta is a beta.

More obvious news at 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    You should watch TotalBiscuits video on what review embargo's really mean and that they aren't as evil as people make them out to be. Some times they can be, but most of the time they're not.

- - - Updated - - -

A beta is a beta.

More obvious news at 11.
    Ubisoft plays with beta, game is broken on release. More news today? AC:Unity releasing all their DLC as free content and throwing the "season pass" under the bus gifting FC4-Rayman Legends- The crew - Watch dogs for players who bought it... YAY PR DISASTER

The came is coming out quite soon, and the people who played the beta was a few weeks ago, you dont just change the gameplay in less than 2 months, you just don't
    Last edited by barackopala; 2014-11-27 at 02:49 AM.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No...no it's not at all. A MMO is an infinitely different beats than a film, or a simple single player game. It simply cannot be reviewed on its own, it needs to have the social interactions and grouping that come with playing a MMO.
    MMO games still have solo content worth reviewing
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    MMO games still have solo content worth reviewing
    Thats not enough to rate an MMO. Reviewers give single content thumbs up but the game can still be a crap excuse for an MMO (or visa versa).

I actually agree with Ubisoft on this one. In an MMO other players is content, so reviewing a game without all of the intended content to be implemented at launch is wrong and uninformative in my opinion.

Ubisoft cannot block reviews from existing, that would be illegal to even try and enforce.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Edge, that's like saying movie critics shouldn't be able to attend a pre-release screening so that they can write a review because the film lacked a full audience.

Would you even consider paying $15 for a ticket to the cinemas if what they were showing had absolutely no ratings yet?
    MMO's aren't Movies. Movies have an end. MMO's can take a very long time to get to the end. Don't be foolish.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Well there's an open beta on the consoles going on right now, if people really cared for the game and wanted to test it for themselves, for free, they have that going on. So this is really a pointless conversation, just getting on the "blocked reviews" bandwagon is all it is.

Edge dont try to sugarcoat this, sim city had the same issue, it's bullshit presented on an icecream cone with a bullshit cream on top, this is bad for reviewers and consumers, ubisoft is by far the worst gaming company there is, their "drm system" is beyond broken and intrusive, even more than origin for fucks sake.

DO NOT BUY FROM BUGGIESOFT
    What's next, don't buy from Bugtehsda? Come on guys...surprise, games get released with bugs, this is news from 1995. Given the map size of this game, there's going to be bugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Well yea you kind of have to read the part where upgrading your cars/getting better cars gives you better handling, also, did these people mess with the driving controls under options? Lots of people don't even explore their options before giving a 5 minute review of "this is bad, this is bad, this looks nice, but this is all around bad."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Ubisoft doesn't get a pass Clockwork. Bethseda doesn't either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    Well there's an open beta on the consoles going on right now, if people really cared for the game and wanted to test it for themselves, for free, they have that going on. So this is really a pointless conversation, just getting on the "blocked reviews" bandwagon is all it is.

What's next, don't buy from Bugtehsda? Come on guys...surprise, games get released with bugs, this is news from 1995. Given the map size of this game, there's going to be bugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Well yea you kind of have to read the part where upgrading your cars/getting better cars gives you better handling, also, did these people mess with the driving controls under options? Lots of people don't even explore their options before giving a 5 minute review of "this is bad, this is bad, this looks nice, but this is all around bad."
    Have i ever said i play skyrim or fallout3 at all? nope, i dislike TES due to them feeling somewhat shallow "hey you're the maximum overpowered wizard of eternity but no one else in the goddamn world knows about you !" and their bugs are horrendous, not touching their games either, bethesda is one of the best at creating huge worlds riddled with bugs :3

PS: Ubisoft apparently lowered the graphics for Unity on their last patch so they can get "better optimization" BUGGYSOFT

Looks like damage control to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Looks like damage control to me.
    Its a freaking car game.

How can a racing game be a mmo? Do you run over people too collect gold?
    Or its some free to play game crap like wot?

To get you the idea:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Zpu5kppyoz..._2208x1242.jpg
    Clan battle for gold.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-j_YgOEi-ks..._2208x1242.jpg
    Speed up upgrades by paying real money.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There were the crew live streaming on twitch not long ago right? plus ubisoft distribute beta keys like candies. if you are interested in the game, you know what there is to know about the game already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Its a freaking car game.

anything can be an MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Its a freaking car game.

To get you the idea:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Zpu5kppyoz..._2208x1242.jpg
    Clan battle for gold.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-j_YgOEi-ks..._2208x1242.jpg
    Speed up upgrades by paying real money.
    There used to be a really fun mmo racing game called drift city that I used to play a long time ago, at the beggining it was a really cool concept but after a while it got stale/repetitive and then P2W which is what i expect from buggysoft

So... what I got from that video was a grown man complaining that he doesn't get to play before everyone else? For the sake of "reviews"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    So... what I got from that video was a grown man complaining that he doesn't get to play before everyone else? For the sake of "reviews"?
    So... what you dont get about ubisoft is that they release broken games?

Oh no, there was a problem with a game at launch, what ever will we do?! It's the end of the world! I mean, it's not like games having a problem at launch is one of the most common problems in the industry and there is no game company on earth that can avoid it or hasn't had it happen to them before. Instead! We as gamers will whine and complain because we have nothing better to do! Well played guys, I'm sure that'll help everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    Oh no, there was a problem with a game at launch, what ever will we do?! It's the end of the world! I mean, it's not like games having a problem at launch is one of the most common problems in the industry and there is no game company on earth that can avoid it or hasn't had it happen to them before. Instead! We as gamers will whine and complain because we have nothing better to do! Well played guys, I'm sure that'll help everything.
    Yeah its not like they get fixed later on, like way later on like watch_dogs right? or the basic point that a released game should have no issues whatsoever? the state of the gaming industry is a fucking joke nowadays, so broken people are dumb enough to justify games being broken upon buying them, consumerism brainwashing for the win!

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. But fuck that, HATE ON UBISOFT FOR ALL THINGS ALL TIMES BECAUSE RAISINS AND IT'S COOL AND THE HIP KIDS ARE DOING IT!