Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Honestly with the way our rotation is now (proc-heavy, depending on your talents), as long as I don't have free GCDs out the wazoo, I don't find the haste to be that beneficial. Yes, it increases our holy power generation, but if you're getting so many procs that you can't use CS on cooldown anyway, then it's sort of a moot point.

I think when you say trash DPS you probably mean cleave dps right? That might be beneficial in some fights, but I'm not sure. I say stick with the stat weights on the theorycraft thread here and you'll be fine. I've heard bad things about noxxic recently, but frankly I've never used it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkchickens View Post
    And yet neither of you show any backup or evidence for going against what has already been mathed out.
    I said "try it" Don't trust other peoples math untill mid expansion.

The simple way to calculate which is better between crit and multistrike is to multiply one by the other. Because we have a base 10% crit chance, (10% damage) and 5% multistrike (3% damage increase), multistrike is better until you have 770 more multistrike rating than crit rating (880 for blood elves), at which point they are equal and should be balanced.

Take for example the value of 110 rating with no other stats:

110 multistrike rating at 66 rating/1% = (1.03+(110/66*.6)/100) = .01/(1.03+.01) = .9615% damage increase
    110 crit rating at 110 rating/1% = (1.1+(110/110*1)/100) = .01/(1.1+.01) = .9009% damage increase
    Last edited by protip; 2014-12-02 at 05:25 PM. Reason: accuracy on final damage % increase

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey!

So first and foremost, GOOD LUCK to all who are going into Highmaul today!

I will ask this discussion (as it falls inline with the other topic) be continued in the Theorycraft thread, please! Most of this is overlap from there, and would benefit and thrive in there.

Best of luck again!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature