Tired of mounts with animations that walk really fast rather than RUN?

This seems to be the problem with many large mounts - kodos, the direhorns, etc.

This issue just become laughably apparent though when I saw my friend use his Great Greytusk.

Just because something is big doesn't mean it shouldn't have a goddamn running animation. Kodos and the like just power walk everywhere with a ridiculous animation.

So rather than a more realistic animation you want massive mounts to use their big legs super fast and run at the same speed as other mounts?
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    This seems to be the problem with many large mounts - kodos, the direhorns, etc.

This issue just become laughably apparent though when I saw my friend use his Great Greytusk.

Just because something is big doesn't mean it shouldn't have a goddamn running animation. Kodos and the like just power walk everywhere with a ridiculous animation.
    well if you can constantly make ridiculous threads, surely a few mounts can look ridiculous

Deleted
    I agree, a lot of people will be incapable of understanding what you mean, but I agree. Not a massive issue I'm up in arms about, but would sure be nice to see some better running animations, perhaps we'll see it on newer mounts rather than having the old ones upgraded, although the corehound seems to suffer from this problem as well

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    So rather than a more realistic animation you want massive mounts to use their big legs super fast and run at the same speed as other mounts?
    No that's what he doesn't want, because that's what they do right now...

I agree with the OP. On quite a few mounts it looks ridiculous. Kodos are probably the best example.

Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    Perhaps just give them longer strides? Physics and what not?

10+ Year Old Account
    For some of the creatures (Kodos, Direhorns), there are NO real-life basis on which to base the running animation off of.

For others, (Boars), if you see one running in real life, its likely running at YOU, and thus you will be hard-pressed to get a good basis for its running speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Perhaps just give them longer strides? Physics and what not?
    A longer stride might be fine (which would be a slower animation), but we can't have them running. A giant kodo and a mouse running - which one do you think is going to cover ground faster?