Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Resto shaman stat priority

Whats your stat priority for resto shaman?

Also, any links to any resto shaman theorycrafting? EJ seems dead for shaman atm

Deleted
    Spirit (untill I feel comfortable with the mana regen > Int > Mastery > Haste.. After that I don't really care

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Spirit (untill I feel comfortable with the mana regen > Int > Mastery > Haste.. After that I don't really care
    We don't like Crit anymore?

Deleted
    Maybe not best but i try int>spirit>mastery>crit/versality>haste>multistrike

Deleted
    Int > Spirit > mastery > haste > multistrike = crit > versitility is what im using.

Ive stacked all stats as main just to check what works best for me.. And its with no doubt Crit > Haste > Int > Mast > Other..
    God i like the 230k crits 5500mana and takes tank from RED to 80%.. Shamans Main tank healers all the way now <3

Deleted
    I think it's hard to take the mana regen from crit into account, and that's why a lot of people are prioritizing it lowly.

Realistically int is on everything so you don't really need to consider it, spirit is very rare so you'll wanna pick it up where you can (rings, trinkets) unless you have no mana problems at all. After that I focus on crit/mastery/haste. I was gearing for mastery but replaced most slots with crit (and all enchants) and noticed Challenge Modes becoming easier to heal, just my opinion.

Int >= Spirit > Mastery > Crit = Haste = Multistrike = Versatility. I'm really indifferent about secondary stats and just try to get spirit and mastery on as many slots as possible.

Deleted
    I'm going with Int->Spirit->Crit->Haste->Mastery I feel way better with high crit chance, and it is most valiable in challenge modes in my opinion. The stat prio may change when raids come, to stack some more mastery.

Anyone care to explain why Mastery went from our worst stat and Crit our best to Mastery at number 1 and crit right down the pecking order?

Or have I missed something glaringly obvious?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Anyone care to explain why Mastery went from our worst stat and Crit our best to Mastery at number 1 and crit right down the pecking order?

IIRC we have lost Ancestral awakening and mastery is good when raid is on low hp for a long time.

Spirit>mastery>rest pretty much

We don't like Crit anymore?

Mastery is now considered our best stat since we're more often healing people that are roughly on half HP. Not sure how things will go in raids yet, but in 5 mans and CMs I often have to heal the tank who is on roughly 50% HP, and then in between try to toss DPS a heal that drop below 50%.
    Taking that in mind (and the fact that the same rating gives about +3% healing from mastery as you get for 1% crit), makes mastery really strong for throughput, and sustain to a lesser degree, since you don't have to spam Healing Surge as much and can use Healing Wave more often since it packs a bigger punch.

Crit on the other hand has decreased in value quite a bit.
    First of all we lost Ancestral Awakening (The cleave heal on crit) which was a major reason crit was strong. It did a lot of overhealing, but that AA proc pushed our throughput quite a bit higher.
    Second of all, they (relatively) nerfed Resurgence, which is the mana return you get from critting. Also with chain heal being very mana intensive, it's not as easy to get good return from crit. Before we could just endlessly spam Chain Heal and usually at least 1 of those heals proced mana return.

---

My personal rating is:

Intellect > Spirit (*) > Mastery > Haste >= Crit >= Multistrike > Versatility
    *) Could be higher than Intellect if you need the regen

Intellect is the best stat bar none for throughput. This means that generally the higher item level gear is better no matter what the secondary stats are.

Spirit is a great stat, and you should probably get it on as much pieces as you can since it's only on rings/neck/trinkets. Until your mana regeneration is sufficient to last you trough most fights (and you have enough haste and mastery and stuff to use less Healing Surges), you want to stack this.

Mastery is the best throughput stat for targets below 66% or something. Mostly because you get a lot of +healing% for relative little rating. And in CMs so far most people seem to be below that, more often than above.

Haste is a stat you want to get so your HW and CH don't take forever. I think this stat will become much much better once we can get a lot of it.

Crit, I described above. I think a lot of people seem to value this because it's more noticeable than mastery. I loved crit in MoP, but the removal of AA really made it "meh". Also you need quite a lot of rating to get 1%.

Multistrike is worse than crit generally, because we don't have any synergy with it. No procs or something. The reason I rate it roughly equal, is because I think (correct me if I'm wrong) you need less rating for 1% multistrike as you do for 1% crit.

Versatility would be a nice stat if you didn't need a ton of rating to get 1% extra healing.

15+ Year Old Account
    anyone know of an addon that shows HPS output per stat? I currently have one, but it does not include multistrike or versatility, and I am not sure it takes Ancestral Awakenings removal into account.

At this point in the expac I'm getting spirit on everything I can get my grubby little hands on, and then mastery > haste > crit.
    Everyone, especially in cms, seems to get spiked /hard/ and I know for sure I can rely on mastery to help get them back up and fast, whereas I don't like the unpredictability of crit. I want to know when I'm casting my hw or hs that they're going to get back up and I can move back to the tank or the next target, whereas with crit I have to wait for it to land to see if it's going to achieve the desired outcome before I can move on.

I'm liking haste because it means you can get more heals out, especially with glyphed riptide I'm able to get hw's out super quick, so coupled with the synergy from my mastery, targets that are low up can be healed up quickly with a single target heal. Being that mana is a bit of a problem in some of the harder cms, the more I can cast hw and avoid chain heal or other mana intensive spells the more happy I am. I'm also liking the haste for elemental blast. Get one of them out quick key and get back on the group and mana is even less of an issue.

I think moving forward into the expac, with more stats on gear and a greater emphasis on raid healing as opposed to 5 mans, haste and crit will begin to look more favourable than they do now compared to mastery.

Spirit is especially valuable to the frugal user because it means I'm not having to drop 16g mana pots all the time.

I think the only thing that's generally agreed on right now is that intellect > enough spirit > various other stats > versatility. How much spirit is "enough" is debatable. No one seems to agree on the exact order of the other stats, and we have no data so we can't do any meaningful calculations. Any simulations you see are just speculation. Versatility does seem like the worst stat right now, though, simply because you just don't get much from a point of versatility. Its value for survival is impossible to judge at this point, however. Dead healers can't heal, and having a very high theoretical throughput is worth absolutely nothing if you die from unavoidable damage.

Crit was nerfed with the removal of Ancestral Awakening, and doubled health pools mean people can be expected to stay at low health a lot more (Cataclysm style) making mastery considerably better than it was. Also remember that mastery was our best stat in Cataclysm, so this isn't really anything new, just a change from how things were in pandaland.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VetteFreak View Post
    anyone know of an addon that shows HPS output per stat?
    It can't really be done unless you have a spell breakdown, and that's going to vary depending on raid size, difficulty, specific encounter mechanics and your assigned role. You could get an addon that tells you the HPS output for tank healing on mythic Bladefist or whatever, but that number wouldn't necessarily be very useful.

The value of a stat also varies depending on your other stats. In general, the more you get of one stat the more valuable all the other stats become. Not necessarily enough to become better, but the gap narrows.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

RestoShamanStats have been updated!

Ran a quick dungeon (UBRS) and got this
    Stats required per 1% output gain
    Multistrike 147
    Crit 151
    Mastery 149
    Versatility 152
    Haste 106
    Int 48
    Spellpower 50

So according to that it would be Spirit>int>Haste>w/e the fuck you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    RestoShamanStats have been updated!

Ran a quick dungeon (UBRS) and got this
    Stats required per 1% output gain
    Multistrike 147
    Crit 151
    Mastery 149
    Versatility 152
    Haste 106
    Int 48
    Spellpower 50

So according to that it would be Spirit>int>Haste>w/e the fuck you want.
    Keep in mind, haste allows you to put out healing faster, but doesn't necessarily spawn "more" healing, as much as the other stats do

Deleted
    Haste makes you oom faster, crit makes you oom slower. Not taken into account by output.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazim View Post
    Haste makes you oom faster, crit makes you oom slower. Not taken into account by output.
    Does it not show how much mana you get from crit? In that case you could calculate your average HPM, then find out how much more healing you could have done with the mana gain from spirit?