Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question about frost stat priorities

I know that many guides are trash and all... but Icy Veins' guide on frost mages recommends priority of multistrike. Yet, shouldn't we at this point prioritise crit until 25%?

Multistrike to get the same results they achieved on their sim. I stack crit atm and for pvp its pretty amazing. Opponents don't stand for very long with 20k frost bolts in their face if they let me free cast. XD

Deleted
    Haste>Multistrike>Crit>Versatility>Mastery

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying multistrike will end up on top before 25% crit anyway?

Also to Lokrei: Icy Veins also says haste is the worst secondary. I'm so confused right now. Why is haste best?
    Last edited by Sundrah; 2014-11-27 at 07:41 AM.

Deleted
    You should prioritize multistrike. Also, 25% crit? 25% crit has no significant meaning at all. If you're looking at the crit cap, that's 36.33%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    Wrong.

Int > multistrike > crit to 36.33% > haste > mastery/versatility for single target.

Multistrike > Haste I thought?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    You should prioritize multistrike. Also, 25% crit? 25% crit has no significant meaning at all. If you're looking at the crit cap, that's 36.33%.

Wrong.

Int > multistrike > crit to 36.33% > haste > mastery/versatility for single target.
    Then i am doing something horrible wrong with my sims.

Deleted
    Then i am doing something horrible wrong with my sims.
    If you're simming haste over multistrike you most likely are. Maybe if you're simming 50 second fights with TV+MI instead of PC, haste will come out on top.

10+ Year Old Account
    25% crit guarantees the criticals of your FoF and Brain Freeze procs. That's why I think 25% crit is the most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundrah View Post
    25% crit guarantees the criticals of your FoF and Brain Freeze procs. That's why I think 25% crit is the most important.
    No it doesn't. 36.33% guarantees this.

Multiplies by 1.5 and adds 50%.

In your example of 25%: (25-3)*1.5 = 33 , add 50% = 83% crit chance during shatter.

With 36.33%: (36-3)*1.5 = 50, add 50% = 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    No it doesn't. 36.33% guarantees this.

Multiplies by 1.5 and adds 50%.

In your example of 25%: (25-3)*1.5 = 33 , add 50% = 83% crit chance during shatter.

With 36.33%: (36-3)*1.5 = 50, add 50% = 100%
    I suppose I never read it after the WoD changes. I'm still stuck with the MoP passives LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundrah View Post
    I suppose I never read it after the WoD changes. I'm still stuck with the MoP passives LOL
    God knows how many times they changed shatter... It's a mess to keep track of sometimes!

Deleted
    If you're simming haste over multistrike you most likely are. Maybe if you're simming 50 second fights with TV+MI instead of PC, haste will come out on top.
    I am using MI+TV like it more, but fights are 400 sec, lightmovement. Also tested with 350 patchwerk style. What Iterations you use?

Well now it shows: Multi>haste>crit>vers>mastery
    Last edited by mmoc6d45658549; 2014-11-27 at 08:56 AM.

Are you forcing MI+TV to use infinite IV, with IV unglyphed?

The only time haste has very high scale weights is when you combine MI+TV+infinite IV+unglyphed IV. However, MI+TV+glyphedIV and normal IV use is more DPS, so it's kind of pointless to do so.
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2014-11-27 at 08:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Are you forcing MI+TV to use infinite IV, with IV unglyphed?

The only time haste has very high scale weights is when you combine MI+TV+infinite IV+unglyphed IV. However, MI+TV+glyphedIV and normal IV use is more DPS, so it's kind of pointless to do so.
    Nope. Maybe i am just bad with simcraft or my gear is wierd.

I wouldn't expect stat weights to fluctuate to wildly based on gear. You are certain you did not have IV unglyphed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    I wouldn't expect stat weights to fluctuate to wildly based on gear. You are certain you did not have IV unglyphed?
    Imported character from armory and i have IV glyphed.

Wrong.

I thought its like this: Int>Multistrike> crit=versatility >mastery> haste

But with the current gear i have from hcs and i just take the pieces that have multistrike, there is no way to get to 36.33 % crit.

Im also a little confused with the ilvls. Lets say i have 2 pieces: ilvl 640 with versatility/haste, and ilvl 630 with multistrike/haste, do i give prioroty to the ilvl or the one with musltistrike?

(i dont know how this sim stuff works ppl always talk about, maybe if some1 could offe a lin would be nice)

thx

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    I thought its like this: Int>Multistrike> crit=versatility >mastery> haste

But with the current gear i have from hcs and i just take the pieces that have multistrike, there is no way to get to 36.33 % crit.

Im also a little confused with the ilvls. Lets say i have 2 pieces: ilvl 640 with versatility/haste, and ilvl 630 with multistrike/haste, do i give prioroty to the ilvl or the one with musltistrike?

(i dont know how this sim stuff works ppl always talk about, maybe if some1 could offe a lin would be nice)

thx
    First off, for simming read this: http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=620

Gives a nice intro to what and how to do it, specifically for generating stat weights which is imo the best use of sims.

Haste is stronger than crit right now, not by much though. In higher gear the gap gets closed and crit surpasses haste in some cases. It is also somewhat talent specific, for example Mirror Image scales really well with haste, so if you're using MI you're going to see haste weighted a lot higher than if it's not. Same with Thermal Void.

If you break this down into a practical look at it, haste increases the number of frostbolts you can cast in any given interval which increases your chance to proc Fingers of Frost or Brain Freeze, which means more Ice Lances/FFB in that interval. At higher gear levels your haste will already be relatively higher so the proc rate won't necessarily improve as much with regards to uptime vs the benefit you get from other stats that increase damage output on a more linear level like crit or even versatility, which is not an awful stat for us either (but is lower than haste and crit)

can you all forget about crit to any percentages by default you have like 70% crit for brain freeze and fingers of frost which is more than enough. focus on multistrike and haste or mastery. versatility also a garbage stat for now.