Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    How do hints not do much? Tell them how to counter you and they'll get the drive to continue and they'll complain less. Like people have said. It's not bad to be competitive, but to constantly play the strongest thing/most annoying thing there is to overthrow your friend who are already not as great of a players is you adding salt in their wounds and ruining their experience.

Maybe it's just me though who'd rather be "honorable" and give my friends a chance of winning than an asshole who constantly plays the strongest thing repetitively without giving his friends ever a shot at winning.

But seriously though. What are you trying to do here? Are you trying to justify your behavior or something? Or do you want us to tell you your friends are over-exaggerating and being little bitches?
    It's not necessarily giving them hints, they actually have to be able to do it. Like I can tell someone to wavedash in Melee but it's easier said than done.
    Hey everyone

You're not being competitive. You're just tryharding against your casual friends because against good players you'd get your ass handed to you.

You must be a real downer to play with because you min max and read up every exploit you can use to stay ahead because when you play a fresh new multiplayer game and start losing you'll blame it on "dumb luck".

You should go play Worms Armageddon or something at least in that game regardless of who wins or loses its about doing ridiculous shit. You are also definitely the type of person who'd get salty if you lost against your friends because they're casual and don't waste their time trying to get good at trivial games like you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    You're not being competitive. You're just tryharding against your casual friends because against good players you'd get your ass handed to you.

You must be a real downer to play with because you min max and read up every exploit you can use to stay ahead because when you play a fresh new multiplayer game and start losing you'll blame it on "dumb luck".

You should go play Worms Armageddon or something at least in that game regardless of who wins or loses its about doing ridiculous shit. You are also definitely the type of person who'd get salty if you lost against your friends because they're casual and don't waste their time trying to get good at trivial games like you do.
    Ummm? I often play over 10 games a day on LoL against people who are quite good at the game so before you think it's because I'm taking it out on people who aren't as good as me you should read a bit more. I had some friends ask me to play them in Smash and I proceeded to wipe the floor and they got pissed (I said absolutely nothing to them by the way) and I got up and left his house.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I don't like being around, or playing with "competitive" people either. They usually honestly don't get it, and like the OP, assume that you're probably "jealous", of, well, whatever. They're just tiring, unrelaxed, attention seeking in a way and tend to make a wound up, uptight ordeal out of everything.

Kind of like when you're sitting down in the evening for a relaxed drink after work and then there's this person who can't just settle down with the rest, but compulsively has to get some discussion going and get all worked up about something highly controversial, like religion, birth control, economics, politics or transgender or whatever. Where you just go, don't be a drag, dork.

Everything's about them and their confrontation seeking and it's perfectly natural that a lot of people don't enjoy that kind of vibe. Sometimes, it comes off kind of childish. They're just not cool to hang with unless you're as cocked and hustling as they are.
    This is my same feeling. I can't stand hanging out with overly competitive people because it always ends up with the competitive person shouting in your face bragging about how much you suck and how much he kicked your ass and you're just there to have a good time and it's then ruined because of that person who wants to act like a damn monkey. That's why I just stay away from competitive games with people unless it's my friends because I can actually have fun competing against them since they're never all about winning and if they do win they never brag.

It's ok to be competitive but don't act like some arrogant ass after you beat someone and keep shoving it in their face that you beat them over and over because that's when it becomes really annoying and a way for friendships to be destroyed.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    This is my same feeling. I can't stand hanging out with overly competitive people because it always ends up with the competitive person shouting in your face bragging about how much you suck and how much he kicked your ass and you're just there to have a good time and it's then ruined because of that person who wants to act like a damn monkey. That's why I just stay away from competitive games with people unless it's my friends because I can actually have fun competing against them since they're never all about winning and if they do win they never brag.

It's ok to be competitive but don't act like some arrogant ass after you beat someone and keep shoving it in their face that you beat them over and over because that's when it becomes really annoying and a way for friendships to be destroyed.
    That's the thing, I would never throw it in their face because that makes me look like a complete asshole but people getting annoyed at my ability at whatever game does kind of annoy me. I understand that people just don't care if you're better because if it makes them look bad then it's in essence no fun for them while it is for me, this is why I'll often only play a few games of whatever and get up and go elsewhere. I realize people don't want to play with me for more than 3 games usually so I just play for a little bit and don't play after.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Hardcore.....

I think the problem now is, there is a major trend in gaming that ANY level of actual effort or dedication is being a "tryhard" and that having "fun" is just doing whatever you feel like. Regardless of the situation in the game, the objectives of the game, etc. Asking people to legitimately play on any level is met with the immediate belief you want them to "MLG PRO" level of seriousness, rather than "please do something more than the nothing you're doing now."

IMHO it's incredibly rude and inconsiderate to log into a game and intentionally ignore or work against objectives. At best you're wasting other peoples time, at worst you're being a troll and ruining everyone elses game experience.

IE: Players in TF2 that aren't just ignoring objectives, but not even "deathmatching" anymore. Basically just like, standing around on their part of the map.
    Or the people in LFR that expect to join with a character that barely meets the ilvl reqs, no gems or enchants, and say "why does it matter" when someone speaks up about having to carry them while they're on /follow or auto-attacking.

There is a time to be competitive with others and a time to just relax and have fun. I used to be the "24/7 hardcore smash yo face" kind of gamer, but over the years Ive learned to just bs around and have fun with my friends instead of just shitting on them all day and they get upset.

Ive never been a shit talker or the kind to throw it in peoples face that I beat them all the time but after losing for awhile anyone will get pissy and start to think negative things. Its just not worth going there with my friends and family imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds to me like they dont like the fact that you are way out in front and not interacting with the rest of the racers/players which is where they feel a lot of the fun comes from (which I could understand if you are all playing local co-op). Then again though they could just be jelly.

When I was younger, aside from player 2, SNES multitap is all we had for multiplayer games. Unless I went to the arcade and had a go at someone random, it was just the same opponents or allies, my circle of friends. I get the want to play and go all out, but realize that doing that may alienate those people and then they won't want to play that game with you at all. In their shoes, why play a game where there is never a realistic chance of winning?

At least nowadays, you can play against people at your skill level online and get your challenge there. I'd don some kid gloves and be a challenging opponent to your friends rather than one who is consistently dominating them.