Weapon damage dispute

So I've got two weapons and I'm not understanding the differences.

Here are two screenshots comparing them:

Warbow equppied - http://i.imgur.com/bOHUvtX.jpg
    Gun equipped - http://i.imgur.com/AFTMAVb.jpg

Now comparing the stats, the gun has:
    - Higher damage range
    - Faster speed
    - Higher DPS
    - Higher iLevel
    - 5 LESS agility than the bow (w/ the gems and socket bonus)
    - More Haste
    - More Mastery

But for some reason, the warbow is showing 105 more damage in the paper doll, AND in my recount tests, the warbow was averaging 16.9-17.1k DPS, whereas the gun I could barely keep above 16k.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Azagoth; 2014-11-27 at 02:10 PM.

Deleted
    My idea would be to not rely on recount numbers from hitting a target dummy to see which gear is better. Not sure what you mean by paper doll.

Paper doll refers to stats, specifically here, the damage under the "Attack" stats. The bow says 2,973-2,974 whereas the gun says 2,868-2,869. Paper doll might be an archaic term, sorry.
    Last edited by Azagoth; 2014-11-27 at 02:20 PM.

Gotta look at the attack speed on your paper doll as well. Gun is doing slightly less damage per hit but it's attack speed is higher. I'd suggest summing it instead of recount, no player is perfect enough to really tell which is better when the difference is so small, especially with how proccy mm can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gherenand View Post
    Gotta look at the attack speed on your paper doll as well. Gun is doing slightly less damage per hit but it's attack speed is higher. I'd suggest summing it instead of recount, no player is perfect enough to really tell which is better when the difference is so small, especially with how proccy mm can be.
    Yeah, I noticed-- but is .1 speed and 5 agility really making a 105 damage difference in the paper doll? That just seems...off.

105 is about 3.3%of 2973, so a .1% attack speed decrease increasing the damage of each shot by 3.3% doesn't seem that far fetched.
    more stupid way-too-early math, .1% is about 3% of your total 3.246 attack speed. Mystery solved.
    Last edited by Gherenand; 2014-11-27 at 02:39 PM.

Since the weapon speed normalization back in Vanilla a weapons dps is much more important than it's min-max damage. What this means is that you should go with the weapon that has the highest dps as all your instant shots will be calculated as if your weapon has a 2.8 (for ranged) speed.
    Hästäpple - Level 100 Human Hunter, Outland EU

Thanks for the responses guys, going with the gun.

Yeah, gun.

Btw, if you hold your mouse icon over the weapon damage range under attack in your char's stats pane, I believe it shows you the dps. It'll be higher for the gun for sure.