Deleted

What is the Gladiator spec?

So with everything slowly settling down i have been thinking of using a little time on an alt. I have been thinking of rolling a warrior. But lately i have seen all this talk with a gladiator spec for warrior. Can anyone explain to me what this is and what is is used for?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    gladiator´s resolve is a talent you can pick on lvl 100. this talnet is only available to you if you are prot specced. it has two effects:1) it passively decreases damage taken by 5% while in def stance and 2) it replaces your offensive stance with the so called gladiator´s stance. in this stance you can deal damage as a protection warrior. shieldblock is replaced with shield charge and serves as a damage cooldown.

you can NOT tank in gladiator stance.
    you can NOT switch in and out of gladiator stance mid gith: you have to decide weather you ant to tank or deal damage before the fight starts.
    gladiator allows you to be 100% damage dealer while wielding a sword and a shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Basically it allows Protection Warriors to forgo being a tank and instead be a DPS. The spec is supposed to be (and is) competitive with other DPS specs out there.

...and it is really fun being a Sword and Board dps.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I don't get why you get a 5% dmg reduction. Your choosing to give up your tank role and go dps.. why would you gain a defensive buff and an offensive buff? You already have a shield which enhances your defense. Shouldn't you instead take 5% more damage?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sxks View Post
    I don't get why you get a 5% dmg reduction. Your choosing to give up your tank role and go dps.. why would you gain a defensive buff and an offensive buff? You already have a shield which enhances your defense. Shouldn't you instead take 5% more damage?
    you get a 5% damage reduction while being in defensive stance. you do not get a 5% damage reduction while in gladiator´s stance
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    you get a 5% damage reduction while being in defensive stance. you do not get a 5% damage reduction while in gladiator´s stance
    AKA tanks also have areason to take this talent. Wouldn't make sense to have a prot only talent that is just focused on dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McBlemmen View Post
    AKA tanks also have areason to take this talent. Wouldn't make sense to have a prot only talent that is just focused on dps.
    Why not? Traditionally there has always been 1-2 single tank fights in every raid tier, but you always need to be prepared to have two tanks. A talent that lets one tank go DPS without needing a secondary gear set makes perfect sense to me.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Why not? Traditionally there has always been 1-2 single tank fights in every raid tier, but you always need to be prepared to have two tanks. A talent that lets one tank go DPS without needing a secondary gear set makes perfect sense to me.
    I think you should read thru this thread again. Blemmen did not question the viability of a talent, that allows tanks to forgo tanking pre-fight. He explained why there is a defensive value to Gladiator´s resolve and that this only applies to prots, which tank.

So glad I came to read this. I recently had a sword and board dps in a roic and I had a furrowed brow but let it go because I thought maybe there was something I didn't know going on.