When to return after an injury.

So I used to play AA-Bantam hockey when I was younger (13+) and I was injured during a round robin game, but I don't know if I should return - so here is a bit of the story.

1. I play net (6'1, 172lbs, butterfly aggressive)
    2. My Achilles heel was sliced from a forward player crashing the net and my defencemen playing the man
    3. My doctor told me he "recommends I don't play anymore"
    4. I really wanna fucking play :'(

I can play ball/roller hockey no problem - however ice is another story.
    Because I play net and goalie skates are cut lower than player skates there is more pressure on my ankles/heels to keep me upright/moving.

I was kind of thinking about going to play a shinny game and just see what it feels like on it - anyone had a similar injury?
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

Depending on the injury, 6-8 months is the recommended time. Its long, but if you aren't healed in 6 months then you needed surgery.
    Otherwise, if you feel you are up to it after some time, then give it a shot. It depends entirely on the person, the situation, and the injury. Everyone is different!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Its been about 6 years since the injury, but my doctor and physician told me because it was such a crucial part of playing the position that I should refrain from playing anymore to avoid any further damage to it.

I did take my forward skates to the rink a few weeks ago though, and it felt "ok" but it did feel kind of shaky.
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

10+ Year Old Account
    What would a doctor gain by giving you bad information :S If they say it's for your best it's usually 99% of the time for your best....
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2014-11-27 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    What would a doctor gain by giving you bad information :S If they say it's for your best it's usually 99% of the time for your best....
    I'm not arguing the doctors informative decision - I just really want to play and was wondering if anyone had a similar injury, and if so what they did about it.
    HakudoshiFarsaj

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? Try other hobbies, ask your doctor what you should avoid, what is safe etc..

Simple fact is, the woman/man literally spends his days earning money by being right about medical issues. His word is gospel until proven otherwise, for us plebeians :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Honestly? Try other hobbies, ask your doctor what you should avoid, what is safe etc..

Simple fact is, the woman/man literally spends his days earning money by being right about medical issues. His word is gospel until proven otherwise, for us plebeians :P
    Yeah, its been that way for 6 years. Maybe I'l take up painting or something - i'd say i'm fairly artistic.
    Its limited me pretty heavily - though I can still skate in some form.
    Skateboarding

However I live in Canada, so we have 2 seasons.
    Winter and Construction.
    HakudoshiFarsaj

10+ Year Old Account
    Bobsleigh and fishing, then.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P