Deleted

Melee hiting ragnaros results in high durability on weapon.

Noticed while doing ragnaros in LFR on my WW monk that my weapon durability ticked down as if it were seconds ticking down when hitting him.

Not sure if that's a thing with rag or just a bugg.

I just noticed my main wep was red after a while and swapped it with my offhand that also turned red after a bit, then I equiped my warglaives that were the only other weapons I had in my bags and the durability on the main hand ticked down like crazy.

Just curious if anyone else had this issue or if it might be a monk thing.

Not big deal since rag goes down anyway was just curious :P

(had atleast 18 durability left on both weapons at start of fight might have been more since I only checked my offhand when I equiped it)

Didn't he have an ability that caused excessive weapon durability loss back in the day? Given that all they did was take old MC and increase the health pools and damage done, quite likely that something like that would have stayed.

Actual fight mechanic. Not a bug. Yeah, Rag's an ass like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Back in the day even old fire elementals destroyed your gear
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Get the forge buff? Should make you immune.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I loved this about the fight. I definitely did not expect them to put it back in, so when I saw my main hand wep break mid fight(had a few wipes, no jeeves, cba to port) I was like NO WAY I LOVE YOU BLIZZ!

10+ Year Old Account
    As stated, thats an actual mechanic with Ragnaros. Melee used to have to carry multiple weapons during the fight because they would break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I loved this about the fight. I definitely did not expect them to put it back in, so when I saw my main hand wep break mid fight(had a few wipes, no jeeves, cba to port) I was like NO WAY I LOVE YOU BLIZZ!
    They didn't put it back in. They simply didn't take it out. They literally just scaled the numbers to fit level 100, that's all.

Which gets really ridiculous with those 15min raidwide debuffs. No Decursive for you!

Thats... awesome. I haven't gotten to do MC yet, as I was just able to afford WoD yesterday, but I will soon, already 98.

molten crap, they might be trolling playerbase on purpose though

Pull out your garrosh BOA weapon, 620 has plenty of dps to kill him. Small price to pay for winning a better weapon in a dungeon, I've done over 50 heroics now and yet to get a 2hander.

The real problem with MC100 is that they scaled everything (especially the trash) with "raid" stats instead of the holiday event it should be, and took out all the loot. That and the RNG pet/enchant drops are pure slap in the face BS, everything should be 100% if you're going to gate it away a lot of returning players and alts with ilvl req and make it a giant all-night time waster.