Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Draenor mounts are boring

Maybe it's just all about personnal tastes, but none of the new mounts appeal me, they just feel so basic.
    I like the new talbuks but if I use a mount, i'd like it to be rare - it's unfun to see everyone wandering around with the same mount as you, the same goes for the new wolves

Plus there's only a few different models

What are you talking about? Nakk's mount is awesome. The rep mounts from the TP are awesome. The Mosshide mount is awesome. The stables riverwallow is the coolest of all of the because it's a freaking HIPPO-DINOSAUR!

You can ride a bigass yeti. 'Nuff said.

I agree. They aren't unique mounts, they all use the base skeleton and animations of mounts and creatures already in the game. MoP gave us water striders, cloud serpents, flying discs etc.

The boar mount is cool, and the yeti mount as they were previously skeleton rigs without a mount attachment. Other than that... Yay, more wolves and talbuks

10+ Year Old Account
    They are cool, just wish there were more unique models and less recolors. Not bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    What are you talking about? Nakk's mount is awesome. The rep mounts from the TP are awesome. The Mosshide mount is awesome. The stables riverwallow is the coolest of all of the because it's a freaking HIPPO-DINOSAUR!
    I can't unsee the Direhorn base when I see that hippo.

Deleted
    And I liked every world boss looting a mount in MoP, i think that was fun to have a chance to loot a very rare mount each week

Out of the new bosses, only Rukhmar will drop a mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    but if I use a mount, i'd like it to be rare - it's unfun to see everyone wandering around with the same mount as you,
    XXXXXXX SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE ALERT XXXXXXXX

ahem.

that is possibly the most stupid reason to not like a mount.

You can argue the visuals as much as you like, some will like them some wont (I personally think the gronn mount is silly, but love the riverbeast one, others feel differently). But something is not "unfun" because others have it also....not unless you are totally screwed up psychologically.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post

ahem.

You can argue the visuals as much as you like, some will like them some wont (I personally think the gronn mount is silly, but love the riverbeast one, others feel differently). But something is not "unfun" because others have it also....not unless you are totally screwed up psychologically.
    That isn't a stupid reason at all. It breaks immersion for one, it lacks the grandiose of a new mount when everyone uses it, it doesn't look prestigious.

Really, there isn't anything that suggests self-entitlement when he just expresses his opinion of liking mounts not many other people have. Thats fairly normal.

ahem.

is this not the reason celestial steed, was instead known as "that retarded horse" ?

if it was instead a 1% drop from algalon it would be a super prestigious mount and people showing it off, look at my spectral horse! instead it's seen as a blizzstore piece of shit.

this is how mounts work for a lot of the community, no need to call people snowflakes because it's not your view.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    is this not the reason celestial steed, was instead known as "that retarded horse" ?

if it was instead a 1% drop from algalon it would be a super prestigious mount and people showing it off, look at my spectral horse! instead it's seen as a blizzstore piece of shit.

this is how mounts work for a lot of the community, no need to call people snowflakes because it's not your view.
    I love my swift windsteed because even though its a store mount, I've never seen anyone else use it.

Deleted

ahem.

That's a totally normal behavior in human beings, yes, I like the special snowflake feeling, and yes, I like rarity - as almost everyone. No one would ever buy things such as diamonds or collector editions otherwise. (Well, at least less people would buy them)
    I'm not gonna deny my tastes for rare things just for the sake of not being a special snowflake case.

And it'd be boring if everyone were using the same mounts, different rare mounts increases diversity.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2014-11-28 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    That isn't a stupid reason at all. It breaks immersion for one, it lacks the grandiose of a new mount when everyone uses it, it doesn't look prestigious.

Really, there isn't anything that suggests self-entitlement when he just expresses his opinion of liking mounts not many other people have. Thats fairly normal.
    You play WoW to look prestgious??? Holy mother of god...

Also, how does it break immersion? If you want to be fully immersed in a game where you look different than everyone else I'm afraid mmo's are the absolute wrong way to do it. Maybe some single player rpg?
    Last edited by Budong; 2014-11-28 at 01:02 AM.

Deleted
    That's a totally normal behavior in human beings, yes, I like the special snowflake feeling, and yes, I like rarity - as almost everyone. No one would ever buy things such as diamonds or collector editions otherwise. (Well, at least less people would buy them)
    I'm not gonna deny my tastes for rare things just for the sake of not being a special snowflake case.

And it'd be boring if everyone were using the same mounts, different rare mounts increases diversity.
    Diamonds are a great example......a totally worthless, actually common gem that has zero inherrent value, that people only pay money for because of one of the biggest con jobs in history when the Debeirs cartel did an ad campaign to convince people they had to have on when proposing, and they control world supply so artificially inflate the price.

Yeah, a prime example why this kind of attitude is in fact just stupidity.

Not using the glorious Bronze Drake. It's like you never even developed taste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    You play WoW to look prestgious??? Holy mother of god...
    He didn't say that
    He said a mount having a prestigious feeling mount was cool, it doesn't mean he plays WoW to look prestigious.
    Thinking prestige is cool doesn't mean you seek it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Plus there's only a few different models
    Where were you during MoP?
    18 different cloud serpent mounts.

EIGHTEEN.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted
    i agreed that their isnt much visual variety beyond recolours, you can get most of the new mount shapes from the stables alone. the only ones i can think of that you cant are gronn/yeti and the new water strider (which is the same as the one from mop, so doesnt really count). to me the gronn looks kinda silly, so the yeti really is the only stand-out mount from mop so far, well that and the core hound, but thats technically belonging to the anniversary than to WoD (same with the azeroth choppers mounts).

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Where were you during MoP?
    18 different cloud serpent mounts.

EIGHTEEN.
    Eighteen that look exactly the same in shadow form.

Deleted
    Poundfist. Never want to ride anything else. What are you talking about?