Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rvd1ofakind View Post
    I have 2.52% haste only :>

And here's the real deal:
    You won't lose that much if you move smart

Guess what... You still LOSE. Meanwhile, hunters, who do MORE single target damage while standing still, lose nothing.(except maybe something about mastery )
    That's really weird, I'm at 3.24%... are you sure you aren't still casting Rain of Fire? I still do it sometimes because it got so hardwired into my brain.

And Hunters don't scale that well with gear, they always end up middle of the road as the expansion evolves, unlike Warlocks who are very gear dependant classes. I feel like we will be fine.

Deleted
    I all but removed RoF from my bars. The only time I cast it is when I have to move and I don't have any conflags.
    And hunters still top the meters at 695. They aren't going anywhere unless balance changes are made.

Well, there's more changes coming, hopefully we get more buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mana problems are non-existent due to a simple fact that every second you move is a second you do not cast and regen Mana, of course if you just sit there hammering target dummy, you may run oom, but in real fight - never, unless you are doing it wrong.

I for one manage to keep up with most of my guildies dps-wise. I'm not in a pro guild, but we are aiming at mythic. Right now I pull 20K + at every boss fight, and that seems to be ok atm. I think the dealbreaker at the moment is shadowburn, wich seems to be the only way of fast building embers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Mana problems are non-existent due to a simple fact that every second you move is a second you do not cast and regen Mana, of course if you just sit there hammering target dummy, you may run oom, but in real fight - never, unless you are doing it wrong.
    Or, *gasp* it's Kargath or Butcher where all you do is stand and nuke AND go oom.

I've never run out of mana with my warlock. Seems like your guildie is doing something very wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fusel View Post
    I for one manage to keep up with most of my guildies dps-wise. I'm not in a pro guild, but we are aiming at mythic. Right now I pull 20K + at every boss fight, and that seems to be ok atm. I think the dealbreaker at the moment is shadowburn, wich seems to be the only way of fast building embers.
    Noone said warlocks are bad at multi target fights. I am talking about pure single target ones. I beat everyone in most CM boss fights. But give me a single target fight and all I can do is watch every other class above me.

Zero mana problems personally post rof change. Running rvd10fakind's test results in ~20% mana at 40 embers. Haste is largely irrelevant in going oom compared to crit. As to our Single target situation why not just wait until raids? The first week of normal/heroic doesn't matter, and fears resulting from simcraft are not going to push blizzard to do anything at this point.

Deleted
    I do go oom occasionally aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, *gasp* it's Kargath or Butcher where all you do is stand and nuke AND go oom.
    Saying from experience??

Anyone who says that going oom with destro on patchwerky fights is a non-issue, has never played a destro or is stacking haste as their main priority OR they suck at destro and CB every time they have an ember.

Truth is, if you try to do the optimal rotation of inc,conf,imm until 4 embers and then cd+pot+trink them - you WILL run out of mana a lot.
    Just try it on a dummy.
    If you're really going OOM and not trolling us, then I would think you're not properly using your Backdraft stacks for Incinerate and possibly prematurely casting Chaos Bolt to consume these stacks.

Deleted
    Nope. I ONLY use conflag if I cast incinerate after. Like I said, all I did was immolate if it's missing/almost dropping off, conflag if I have 2 charges and incinerate as filler. I couldn't get from 0 to 4 embers without goinog oom 3 times.

Ok. That's it. I'm uploading a video of me going oom. Maybe I'm missing something.

EDIT: here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc7N..._S23Aw&index=1
    Last edited by mmoce9f42a5b0f; 2014-12-02 at 05:29 AM.

Nope. I ONLY use conflag if I cast incinerate after. Like I said, all I did was immolate if it's missing/almost dropping off, conflag if I have 2 charges and incinerate as filler. I couldn't get from 0 to 4 embers without goinog oom 3 times.

Ok. That's it. I'm uploading a video of me going oom. Maybe I'm missing something.
    I counted at least 5 incinerates that you casted without backdraft stacks. Some of the time, you had a conflag to use to continued to use incinerate. I can't think of a reason to conserve that conflag, especially if it means you're going to go oom in the process.

There are times when I'm forced to cast a non-backdraft incinerate, but there should never be a time when you have to cast 3-4 in a row. That's why you're going OOM.

EDIT: here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc7N..._S23Aw&index=1
    Why do you keep casting incen when conflag is off cooldown? Conflag causes backdraft which reduces the cast time and mana cost of your incenerates by 30%. You should cast it more.

Deleted
    Because you need to always have a conflag stack to be able to move and do damage. So I didn't use it unless I was nearing 2 stacks. I'm trying to do a realistic rotation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebirthz View Post
    Hello i am not a warlock, my guildmate is whining about warlocks and how bad they are in comparison with other classes, also there seem's to be a problem with the class mana regen, are lock's not pulling good numbers? What about the regen? What do? Buy mana pots?
    warlock is awsm, I have always liked the class even through major changes. If your friend doesn't like it then tell him play something he likes, because if he does not like something he will not put 100% effort into it. Life Tap is our mana regeneration ever since vanilla days and destroy mana regen is constant and high and only affected by the spells being cast.

Because you need to always have a conflag stack to be able to move and do damage. So I didn't use it unless I was nearing 2 stacks. I'm trying to do a realistic rotation.
    Be happy going OOM then.

Well except you will regen mana while you're moving, after using 2 conflags. Also with good planning you won't need to move that much.

Stop saving your conflags like that, you're going OOM and STILL losing DPS in the process.

By banking the conflagrate charge you went oom and lost ~1 gcd which is equal to what you were attempting to prevent in the first place (nothing to cast while moving). Additionally you are not raid buffed which would have probably solved your problem.