10+ Year Old Account

NVIDA optimizing WoW to much?

Hello,

So on my gaming laptop I've always just used the NVIDA Experience to optimize my games. I've never really thought much about it. Lately I was messing with some WoW settings and noticed WoW recommended lower settings then what NVIDA was setting everything too? I don't want to overwork my laptop if there is no need to or hurting performance/parts.

I have a ASUS ROG 750JH / i7 4700HQ @ 2.4GHz / GTX 780M

Thanks!
    I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not. -De Commynes

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't let nvidia optimize (turn down settings) shit
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

you won't over work it, but you make see a FPS drop using the Nvidia settings try both and monitor the FPS, one thing you can do is use the Nvidia settings and turn off SSAO and turn shadows to low, both thoes setting stress CPU and GPU the most when running wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBoss View Post
    Don't let nvidia optimize (turn down settings) shit
    Indeed.. Why would you do that..

Quote Originally Posted by Haippari View Post
    Indeed.. Why would you do that..
    from what he is saying wow's recommendation is lowwer then Nvidias

Deleted
    Adjust settings manually to a level you're satisfied with, don't rely on some auto setting. As long as the gameplay is smooth and the laptop isn't overheating you're fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Adjust settings manually to a level you're satisfied with, don't rely on some auto setting. As long as the gameplay is smooth and the laptop isn't overheating you're fine.
    Thanks for the replies all. Yeah I just figured I'd lower stuff that doesn't matter to me and see how it goes. I was just curious if those settings were the "best" or just something thrown out by NVIDA.
    I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not. -De Commynes

Nvidia probably tunes your settings for the best experience during what some might call "normal gameplay" such as questing, small group content, exploration, etc.

Well I know one of my friends was one of those who after 6.0.2 arrived couldn't play even though his comp was more then good enough but would only get like 5 fps. I had him run Nvidia Geforce and not only can he play no problem his fps is better then it was before the patch.
    Last edited by WintersLegion; 2014-11-28 at 05:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Well I know one of my friends was one of those who after 6.2 arrived couldn't play even though his comp was more then good enough but would only get like 5 fps. I had him run Nvidia Geforce and not only can he play no problem his fps is better then it was before the patch.
    Lowering settings or turning off the power hungry ones gives you better FPS, who would have thought

Actually we tried that first nothing seemed to make more then a very minor improvement even just turning all the settings all the way down to low didn't help. A lot of people have the same problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    from what he is saying wow's recommendation is lowwer then Nvidias
    Oh this makes total sense! I was sort of passively clicking on things, updating drivers, and not really paying attention (bad me) and "optimized" WoW.... and then I went to play WoW and the FPS had really dropped, to the point where I could only use WoW to chat (yeah....) I was thinking it was the driver, but it didn't occur to me that that Nvidia thing could CHANGE my in-game settings...! So hopefully I'll be back up to 5 FPS or so, woot!

10+ Year Old Account
    In my experience, WoW always recommends much lower settings than your machine is actually capable of. Right now, with an i7-4790k an dual R9 270s, WoW recommends the "High" preset. In reality, I have no trouble running everything on Ultra with even a single 270 in almost all situations, and with both 270s it's totally overkill for almost everything.

Deleted
    People failed to read OP. Jeez it's not lowering details, it's increasing details. Also there is a god damn slider in nvidia experience now so you can tune for FPS or Quality.

Deleted
    Or you can simply adjust settings yourself. It's not rocket science and Geforce Experience doesn't apply any sort of magic to your game or system.