Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

So Highmaul 655 Cache? Results?

Just got a mission for this today (Rare) only requires 3 minions at 645, was suprised and only 8 hours, anyone yet to succesfully complete one and if so what'd you get?=

Believe that is the 645 epic weapon mission. You get a 645 epic weapon.

Deleted
    I got some cloth dps bracers with haste, versatility and a socket.
    The stats kind of suck for me, but socket and 655 ilvl make up for it. However it is the worst possible item I could get out of normal mode highmaul. Does somebody know if these are once per week? Got it on wednesday morning and nothing else for ilvl 645 after that.

Guess a random item of the right spec and armor type from the instance.

You can use wowhead's search function to know what's available.

For example, 655 plate chests:

http://www.wowhead.com/items=4?filte...=655;maxle=655

You only get 3 possible resoults:

1. BS plate chest, stage 2.
    2. LFR Tier chest
    3. A chest from Highmaul bosses.

Bet you'd get number 3 in that situation.

I got this item:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=113634&bonus=0

Not great for a Restoration Druid, but I'll take it for sure. Just one less piece of loot I need to have in order to be prepared. My guildies have told me that the quest is on a two- to three-week cooldown. We shall see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Believe that is the 645 epic weapon mission. You get a 645 epic weapon.
    No, the item specifically states it contains a 655 Highmaul item. There are specific slot missions too, My followers are on a mission now for an ilevel 645 trinket (91% or so chance so got hopes it succeeds).

I believe this is the mission that gives you the "one tier better than you are currently raiding" loot. As raids aren't open, we're bottom rung, so one step up is normal (or 655 loot).

Follower requirement for 645 items is 630, follower requirement for this is 645. Not started mine yet (got one in the log, need to gear my followers a tad more, and wait for the ones on a mission to come back).

From what I've seen people say (speculate?) about it, it has some kind of internal cooldown on how often that mission can spawn, 2.5 weeks was the number thrown around.

So I plan to hold off triggering that mission (I believe >=2 followers over 645 ilvl is the threshold) until I've cleared H Highmaul next week, in the hopes that it will snapshot my raid progress and offer mythic gear instead.

Have one follower over 645 and a bunch hovering just under it that I plan to upgrade all at one go, to give me a good amount of potential ability coverage off the bat (apparently the mission can disappear if you wait too long too).
    Last edited by Mizzet; 2014-11-28 at 08:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Missions can disappear, nobody has pinned down timings and it might vary by mission, but there have been reports of some clearing out of the log every now and then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kethmil View Post
    Guess a random item of the right spec and armor type from the instance.

You can use wowhead's search function to know what's available.

For example, 655 plate chests:

http://www.wowhead.com/items=4?filte...=655;maxle=655

You only get 3 possible resoults:

1. BS plate chest, stage 2.
    2. LFR Tier chest
    3. A chest from Highmaul bosses.

Bet you'd get number 3 in that situation.
    The reward from that mission is a box that containts raid loot. It states the raid and the difficulty in its tooltip.
    So you can just open your ingame dungeon journal, select your spec and browse through all the possible rewards. Except weapons. Those can't be contained in those boxes.
    It always rewards you with raid gear that's one level of difficulty above the highest one you raided the previous week, which makes it normal mode (ilvl 655) now.
    If you raid mythic difficulty yourself you still get mythic loot from those missions and an additional 1000 gold.

Deleted
    I failed it at 97% ='(

It always rewards you with raid gear that's one level of difficulty above the highest one you raided the previous week, which makes it normal mode (ilvl 655) now.
    How does the game define raiding?
    Is it enough to make a 10man mythic group and wipe once on a boss to get the highest level follower missions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elgskred View Post
    How does the game define raiding?
    Is it enough to make a 10man mythic group and wipe once on a boss to get the highest level follower missions?
    I have no idea, but I guess it implies at least killing a boss.
    Remember, you only need to do heroic in order to get the mythic chest from the missions. It's only the extra 1000 gold reward that you need to be flagged as a "mythic raider" for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine it would track the highest difficulty you've had a kill in. So I guess everyone will kill first boss of heroic for those mythic loots

Who knows though, I can't see it going by furthest kill made, as people working on heroic but not clearing it may well be clearing it on normal, so would be stuck getting heroic loot, at which point it's not "current +1" is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I'd imagine it would track the highest difficulty you've had a kill in. So I guess everyone will kill first boss of heroic for those mythic loots

Who knows though, I can't see it going by furthest kill made, as people working on heroic but not clearing it may well be clearing it on normal, so would be stuck getting heroic loot, at which point it's not "current +1" is it.
    I read somewhere (credible source?) that if you clear it fully on normal you get heroic caches. If you clear it fully on heroic you get mythic caches.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bicolor View Post
    I failed it at 97% ='(
    Ouch I haven't got one yet but I'd be paranoid about going on one with less than 100%

Got 655 plate legs. Already had the crafted ones but its still a nice upgrade.

Edit: did the mission with 79% success rate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    Ouch I haven't got one yet but I'd be paranoid about going on one with less than 100%
    Good luck, it's a 3 follower mission with 6 abilities to counter. So unless you happen to have to perfect setup of followers to match all of the abilities you will have to make up for it with a lot of secondary traits.

I got to 95% with countering 5 of 6 abilities, reducing mission time to 4 hrs, adding power surge, countering the ogre enemies and having one of my followers like one of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambal View Post
    Edit: did the mission with 79% success rate.
    That's quite some luck (79% multiplies several times...).

So you are saying its 79% per follower?