Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambal View Post
    So you are saying its 79% per follower?
    I believe it is.

Total chance would be : 1-(0.79^3) = 50.6% chance to fail (or 49.4% chance of success)

it is not per follower. No way. if a follower directly counts mob ability then he has 100% vs that specific mob. So as far as i understand it is total mission percent rate.

I woudnt hold off, the cooldown doesnt seem that long. Allready got 3 645 reward and a 655 reward mission so far.

Its funny how garrisons are currently offering the best items ingame outside BoE's and crafting

Anyway there's so much luck involved. I lvled 5 followers to epic so far, and all 5 had the minion swarm ability. I know exactly what followers I need for the raid missions but if you simply get unlucky and have 8 followers with the same ability out of your 11 epic followers (like me) the only thing you can do is get 1 new follower each week from the inn and lvl it all the way to epic in the hopes of getting it to roll the right ability. Any follower that rolls minion swarm for me is useless by default and can be de-activated instantly, even when I just spend over a week lvling it to epic. If you get unlucky with your initial epic 100 followers (Croman, Leeroy, millhouse, meatball) and they all roll similar abilities you're easily months behind of someone who is extremely lucky.

I feel the reroll certificates should be a bit better farmable. I havnt gotten a single reroll certificate mission since expansion release.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    That's quite some luck (79% multiplies several times...).
    The game doesn't do a 79% check each time. The animations for each ability are just for show. Wether a mission is succesfull or not is determined instantly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    I woudnt hold off, the cooldown doesnt seem that long. Allready got 3 645 reward and a 655 reward mission so far.

Its funny how garrisons are currently offering the best items ingame outside BoE's and crafting

Anyway there's so much luck involved. I lvled 5 followers to epic so far, and all 5 had the minion swarm ability. I know exactly what followers I need for the raid missions but if you simply get unlucky and have 8 followers with the same ability out of your 11 epic followers (like me) the only thing you can do is get 1 new follower each week from the inn and lvl it all the way to epic in the hopes of getting it to roll the right ability. Any follower that rolls minion swarm for me is useless by default and can be de-activated instantly, even when I just spend over a week lvling it to epic. If you get unlucky with your initial epic 100 followers (Croman, Leeroy, millhouse, meatball) and they all roll similar abilities you're easily months behind of someone who is extremely lucky.

I feel the reroll certificates should be a bit better farmable. I havnt gotten a single reroll certificate mission since expansion release.
    Agree... that drives me crazy, for me its swarm + timed battle! meatball = timed + swarm, glook (rolled epic) timed + swarm, 2 guys i leveled to epic both got timed i think, atm i have barely 2 of some counters, and 6-7 of both swarm and timed... and of all epics i have, maybe 2-3 dont have either timed or swarm

Still didnt get a reroll certificate, im waiting and hoping ill get it so i can reroll meatball in hope he gets something better... reroll should come much more often! ive had my highmaul mission for 11-12 days and i had 72% chance to win first day it arrived and i have 72% chance now... as no matter what i do, i keep getting the same crap i already have... its to the point where epic follower is less useful than green because he has 2 silly counters, and green one is the one of two with massive strike counter (for example)

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    The game doesn't do a 79% check each time. The animations for each ability are just for show. Wether a mission is succesfull or not is determined instantly.
    The game can show a green checkmark for one of the threats and a red cross for another. When this happens (I saw it several times), the mission fails. I agree that the game likely determines whether or not the mission succeeded instantaneously and not while it is showing the animation, but the mere fact that there are several independent checkmarks which can succeed or fail lead me to think that the chance shown to us might be being multiplied. I need more data to say for sure whether or not this is the case - it is possible that the shown chance is flat, but it is possible that it compounds as well - this should become clear soon.

I believe the sucess rate % shown on mission is global.

However just situation:

3 follower mission, 3 mobs to fight, 3 different counters.

You put 2 followers with correct counter and level which would result in 66% success rate.

You use 3rd follower 1lvl lower and without counter as last.

Actual sucess rate will not be recalculated, however your chance to fail the mission is incredibly high becouse the third follower is very likely to fail vs. his opponent.

Seen this several times, I believe the game rolls against each enemy separately using counters if available.
    Mystery Goo, Magtheridon EU
    http://mystery-goo.eu/

I didnt realize you can get raiding gear from missions, wow garrison aren't just terrible content - they steal away from the only good content left in wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I didnt realize you can get raiding gear from missions, wow garrison aren't just terrible content - they steal away from the only good content left in wow.
    You mean garrisons arent just the only content that made this expansion worth buying, but you can also gear from it? awesome, we can rejoice... garrisons are here to save horrible lore and orcs again!

Quote Originally Posted by Improstor View Post

However just situation:

You put 2 followers with correct counter and level which would result in 66% success rate.

Actual sucess rate will not be recalculated, however your chance to fail the mission is incredibly high becouse the third follower is very likely to fail vs. his opponent.

Seen this several times, I believe the game rolls against each enemy separately using counters if available.
    Easy way to disprove this is to run this mission repeatedly - if you EVER see a failure from the hard counter you know it's false, if the % matches up over a statistically significant amount you know it's false, if neither happens and the failure % is much higher you know it's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Easy way to disprove this is to run this mission repeatedly - if you EVER see a failure from the hard counter you know it's false, if the % matches up over a statistically significant amount you know it's false, if neither happens and the failure % is much higher you know it's true.
    Traits should already disprove that... as 2 traits = full counter! If you are attacking arakkoa, and have only counter to 1 guy, but not the other, but have 2 arakkoa slayers... you will have 100% chance to win! You can actually have 100% win without having a single counter to their threats! combat experience, slayer, race-lover all can add up to 100%! Also if you put guy in slot that has no counter and no traits, chance goes up and he can succeed! I believe there is just a contribution towards success from everything... ability, trait, lvl and follower himself contribute to it! same as dance is a counter to danger zones, but still wont give you 100% success, because it is a trait, and so its weaker than ability

edit: also, thats why success can go above 100%... its just that for everything above 100%, you get more xp... as in overkill of counters and raid buffs... like doing old content
    Last edited by mmoc93208f15ee; 2014-11-28 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    yes the successrate is definitely global, I am sure of that..

You can reach 100% on 3 follower missions before inserting the last follower. Also on the mission summary it often happens that the first follower defeats the enemy and the last 2 don't even fight. Not sure if that is an actual real representation of the mission result.

Quote Originally Posted by genai View Post
    Traits should already disprove that... as 2 traits = full counter! If you are attacking arakkoa, and have only counter to 1 guy, but not the other, but have 2 arakkoa slayers... you will have 100% chance to win! You can actually have 100% win without having a single counter to their threats! combat experience, slayer, race-lover all can add up to 100%! Also if you put guy in slot that has no counter and no traits, chance goes up and he can succeed! I believe there is just a contribution towards success from everything... ability, trait, lvl and follower himself contribute to it! same as dance is a counter to danger zones, but still wont give you 100% success, because it is a trait, and so its weaker than ability
    True, I've never seen a fail on a 100% mission that was covered without countering all the abilities, a single one of those (since it should be fairly likely supposedly) would prove it true as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Also I put my strongest follower in slot 1 all the time since he fights "first" in the animation later but even at 655 and countering 2 traits he can fail the mission if I slot weaker non-matching followers in the other 2 spots.

So yeah success rate is definitely global.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    True, I've never seen a fail on a 100% mission that was covered without countering all the abilities, a single one of those (since it should be fairly likely supposedly) would prove it true as well
    This doesn't mean the shown chance is global, as in, there is only one roll. If the chance is 100%, the mission will succeed whether there's one roll or multiple rolls.

The shown chance obviously depends not only on counters / preference traits, but also on follower level and on followers just being there in the slot. The only unclear (to me, anyway) thing is whether the shown chance is global or whether it has to be powered to the number of followers (or maybe to some other number, like to the number of abilities to counter) to become global. Somehow I got the impression that it was the latter. I need some stats to say for sure which is it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Also I put my strongest follower in slot 1 all the time since he fights "first" in the animation later but even at 655 and countering 2 traits he can fail the mission if I slot weaker non-matching followers in the other 2 spots.

So yeah success rate is definitely global.
    This doesn't mean the shown rate is global in that there is only one roll. It only means that non-matching followers contribute to that rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Improstor View Post

However just situation:

Also seen several times, that the game does not match up the counter against the right mob though...

reporting back after going to bed and collecting the rewards.. had a 23% chance to succeed.. praised to RNG jesus and luck prevailed. Got http://www.wowhead.com/item=113841&bonus=0

Got my first 655 mission yesterday before bed... 78% and went sleep. Woke up got the box and dropped this:
    Uncrushable Shoulderplates - http://www.wowhead.com/item=113855

Was really hopping was a trinket, but come on... shoulder is good enough and almost bis stats for a unholy DK. Not bad at all.

Any idea when I should expect another mission like that? Its like 1 per week or just about RNG?

79% (in the example above) is generally believed to be to overall mission success rate, not the per-enemy or per-threat success rate. Animations notwithstanding.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.