Can you get an Archaeology item twice?

So I just got a Frostwolf Ghostpup and gave it to my wife, given she's pet crazy, is there anyway I could get another one through archaeology or is it one per rare/epic?

You can only find a rare dig once per character. If you have another archaeologist you can get another though.

Deleted
    Source? Literally what is the point of Archaeology after you have found all the rares?

Quote Originally Posted by Magewang View Post
    Source? Literally what is the point of Archaeology after you have found all the rares?
    Uh...none? It's a time sink proff, same as fishing. Not sure why you want something more out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Achievements. It's a secondary profession, not meant to have much point.

It's always been this way. I got all the MoP rares very quick, yet spent god only knows how many solves finishing the pristine achievements, never got the rares again.

Thankfully you can now dig/make the items from skill rank one, so as long as you have another toon capable of getting to Draenor, it should be no real issue to just farm it all again on an alt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magewang View Post
    It's actually a profession that's possible to complete. In MoP for example, getting all rares wasn't the problem but getting all Pristine Artifacts, was a problem. Finish that and you're done in MoP. Tol'vir on the other hand... Kudos to those who got all (6 iirc) rares.

I seem to remember at the start of WoD people could get rares more than once, but since I don't own WoD I am not 100% certain.