Upgrading Crafted Gear

Just a quick question, iv looked around a couple of places but havent been able to find anything.

For example if iv made a 640 Darkmoon faire trinket and have equipped it, am i still able to use the Inferno Tarrot on it to upgrade it to 655 or does it only work to items that are still BoE and not soulbound.

Deleted
    You can upgrade soulbound gear.

What about if you make say a weapon on one character, and equip it and it becomes soulbound. Can you upgrade it with another characters recipe/reagents?

Or if you create an item, and upgrade it without equipping it, will it still be Boe until equipped?

I've been looking all over for this myself.

Deleted
    Generally if you have a BOE item and try to apply something to it, it will warn you that this action will cause the item to become soulbound.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The upgrade item is BoE, so can use one made from someone else, and when you upgrade the item will become soulbound.

Oh I see. So the upgrade process creates an item that is tradeable. Makes sense and solves the majority of the problems.

Thanks guys!

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it may have functioned the way enchants used to ala put your item in the no trade window etc

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    The upgrade item is BoE, so can use one made from someone else, and when you upgrade the item will become soulbound.
    It doesn't work like that with the crafted gear. It remains BoE after an upgrade.