Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I am mabie a sinic but I see Raid Leaders beginning the raid with Personal Loot & then it getting changed to Groop Loot, a bug perhaps so that on the face of it, it looks correct, but the RL is secretly squirreling away all the Apex. Not sure if thats even possible but the majority of the groups i tested today ( 4 - 3/4 P Loot ) were set to personal loot, and not a single loot roll on Primals or Apex dropped on any of the four servers .... Somthings afoot

Deleted
    Same for me.

Did Shattrath assault quest yesterday with a raid group and got loads of apexis and primal spirits (like everyday since the beginning of WoD)

Just did the Gorgrond assault quest today and got nothing... sneaky nerf by blizzard ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogie423 View Post
    Are you in a raid? If so, they wont drop, that was hotfixed out last week.

Edit: I was killing ogres in frostfire and the dark iron in shadowmoon and I was getting both just fine while solo.
    I was in a raid yesterday and they both dropped, at least in the Pit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I noticed this is as well. We've done the pit daily basically every day since it keeps coming up the entire time past week. One day we will get crystals and primals from damn near every mob, as well as green BoEs and world drops, the next day we kill everything and nobody loots a single crystal or primal and we get nothing but copper from the mobs. It's happened differently on alternate days - we either get LOADS of drops or we get COMPLETELY ZERO drops. So it's not just like an RNG thing "Oh we were unlucky today." There's something else going on for sure. Haven't been able to work it out yet, since we do it in the same party of 5 people every day.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've done the pit every day for the last few days (why is it always one of the quests lol? I think Blizzard was trying to trigger garrison invasions to shut people up!), and every day I am grouped with my wife doing it, and every day we get Apexis Crystals and Primal Spirit. Turalyon EU, if that helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that they probably intended for apexis crystals and primal spirits to drop only in the 2 daily quest areas, but there's a bug somewhere.

- I do the daily quest every day in a group with the same 2 other people, consistently, since Sunday the 16th, so 14 days so far. We skipped one day early on.
    - Most days (10 out of the 14) we have gotten the Pit as a daily, and chosen that one since it's worth slightly more. The other 4 days we did Everbloom once and Socrethar's Rise once and Shattrath twice.

Our crystal/primal drop pattern was:
    Day 1 - Pit - YES
    Day 2 - Everbloom - YES
    Day 3 - Pit - NO (however, on this day I personally went exploring up to Socrethar's Rise by myself, and I got crystals from the mobs up there even though it was not a daily area that day)
    Day 4 Pit - YES (on this day I personally went exploring in Everbloom by myself, and I got crystals from the mobs up there even though it was not a daily area that day)
    Day 5 - Socrethar's Rise - NO
    Day 6 - Pit - NO
    Day 7 - Pit - YES
    Day 8 - Pit - YES
    Day 9 - Shattrath - YES
    Day 10 - Shattrath - NO
    Day 11 - Pit - YES
    Day 12 - Pit - NO
    Day 13 - Pit - YES
    Day 14 - Pit - NO

So on the YES days we get piles of crystals and quite a few primal spirits. Since we are 3 people we exclusively kill the elites, unless they are chained to a regular 100 so we'll kill that too.

On the NO days we got nothing at all, not even green BoEs. A few of the mobs had some silver but most were not lootable by anyone in the group. We also noticed that during our NO days, we seem to see fewer rares spawning in the areas, but that could be RNG as we never stay for more than 30 minutes. Also, on two of the NO days where we got no drops during our daily questing, I did receive crystals off level 100 mobs in quest areas that were not the dailies those days.

So my theory is that they intended for the crystal drops to be tied to the day's ACTIVE daily areas, but somehow screwed up that code. I actually want to tour all the level 100 daily areas today, and see if which ones drop crystals and which ones do not, and how that matches up to the dailies. If only two designated quest areas drop crystals today, to me that's a dead giveaway that they intended those two areas to match the quests and somehow borked it up.
    Last edited by goblingirl; 2014-12-01 at 12:11 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    So my theory is that they intended for the crystal drops to be tied to the day's ACTIVE daily areas, but somehow screwed up that code. I actually want to tour all the level 100 daily areas today, and see if which ones drop crystals and which ones do not, and how that matches up to the dailies. If only two designated quest areas drop crystals today, to me that's a dead giveaway that they intended those two areas to match the quests and somehow borked it up.
    Problem with this theory is that for me and my wife, 11-14 looks like this:

Day 11 - Pit - YES
    Day 12 - Pit - YES
    Day 13 - Pit - YES
    Day 14 - Pit - YES

So there's got to be something more complicated going on.

Deleted
    always done the group daily alone, never got an apexis crystal since yesterday

10+ Year Old Account
    On my server it was the Pit daily for at least 6 days in a row, and the drops seemed to vary day-to-day. Each day I'd join a raid... One day they'd drop, the next day no drop, the next day they'd drop again etc. Most of the folks in raid were confused too, because it seems on and off and I can't figure out why it's happening.

EDIT: Yesterday they weren't dropping and I made my own raid, and even on various loot modes I didn't see a single apexis crystal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Problem with this theory is that for me and my wife, 11-14 looks like this:

Day 11 - Pit - YES
    Day 12 - Pit - YES
    Day 13 - Pit - YES
    Day 14 - Pit - YES

So there's got to be something more complicated going on.
    Yeah but we aren't playing on the same servers. So the designated "crystal drop" areas on my server each day are probably different from yours.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Yeah but we aren't playing on the same servers. So the designated "crystal drop" areas on my server each day are probably different from yours.
    I dunno - Turalyon EU here and I've not kept a precise record but yours appears identical to my last few. Pit today right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I dunno - Turalyon EU here and I've not kept a precise record but yours appears identical to my last few. Pit today right?
    Nope. Today we have solo for Broken Precipice and group is Heart of Shattrath.

Anyway - the reason I don't think the crystal drop problem is specific to only the Pit is that we also did the Shattrath Harbor quest twice last week, and one day we got crystals and the other day we did not. We have had Socrethar's Rise once and did not get crystals that day. So whatever is wrong, I think it affects ALL the "100 daily" areas, not just one or two.

I'm not sure why the Pit is coming up so much as the group quest. We had Ring of Blood once or twice in the first couple of days when everyone was trying to level on our unstable realm. The first weekend of the xpac, I can't recall if it was Sunday or Monday, Ashran came up as the 1,000 crystal group quest on our server, but they quickly disabled it, because you know, Ashran. Since then, about 75% of the time it has been the group Pit plus one solo offering, otherwise it is two solo (800 crystal) quest offerings. We haven't seen Ring of Blood in about two weeks, which makes me think they took it out of rotation like they did Ashran, although I don't recall them saying so.

(What's doubly sad is that because Iron Horde dailies are what keeps coming up for our realm, we're all getting the Iron Horde invasions, which are broken and not awarding Gold when they should.)

Today is the first time we have ever had Heart of Shattrath come up on our server, so looking forward to doing something new tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

It turns out that my guess was correct. They want apexis crystals to drop in the two active daily quest areas, and will be fixing it (soon(tm)).

Reference post from Bashiok
    :

"I was pretty confused about the functionality of this myself. Lots of people use the Premade Groups Finder tool to advertise Apexis Crystal groups under the Custom tab, and in a lot of the groups I was getting into people were lamenting that Blizzard had cruelly hotfixed out Apexis Crystals from dropping while in raids. But when I went to look at our internal hotfixes, I didn't see anything relating to a change for how they dropped. Turns out there weren't any changes made, just that the functionality is pretty wonky right now. A combination of a bug in how Apexis Crystals were staying active in areas they shouldn't (leading to some misunderstandings of the system), as well as how some areas are being chosen daily, make it inconsistent and confusing at the moment. We have some fixes in the works that should iron it all out.

The intent is and has been that Apexis Crystals will drop in an "Assault" area if that area is active for the day for either faction; regardless of group size. A random Assault region is chosen every day at daily reset, and for that day that location will drop Apexis Crystals."

Nice find, goblingirl. Look forward to seeing the fix land.