Today's gaming mindset

**Just as a reminder, this is not to flame anyone, nor "troll" or make anyone look bad, but to point out the ridiculous mindset of WoW gamers today**
    Yes, in the following screenshots (which include the entire conversation), I obviously make completely unnecessary responses to what my group members said, some of which was totally unnecessary, but I still feel like the action taken against me was quite overboard.

-> I did Shadowmoon Burial Grounds heroic with a fellow healer friend and everything was fine until the last boss. Upon reaching the certain "zoning" point after the next-to-last boss, instead of accessing the cinematic, I was just dropped in from the sky, which I've never seen before. I disengaged to jump back before I hit the ground out of habit from PvP and accidentally pulled the boss. This is what happened:

1 http://imgur.com/CiswsJe,E00tJlw,The...lO9vco,18QRfId
    2 http://imgur.com/CiswsJe,E00tJlw,The...9vco,18QRfId#1
    3 http://imgur.com/CiswsJe,E00tJlw,The...9vco,18QRfId#2
    4 http://imgur.com/CiswsJe,E00tJlw,The...9vco,18QRfId#3
    5 http://imgur.com/CiswsJe,E00tJlw,The...9vco,18QRfId#4

Again, not trying to flame. But this is ridiculous. Boss was accidentally pulled, and I was immediately removed from the group. *cough* Illidan-US.
    > inb4 illidan fanboy rage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Portdealer View Post
    **Just as a reminder, this is not to flame anyone, nor "troll" or make anyone look bad, but to point out the ridiculous mindset of WoW gamers today**
    Again, not trying to flame. *cough* Illidan-US.
    > inb4 illidan fanboy rage
    Whatever you say, bud.

I'd probably have you kicked after "fuck you hunter". I don't play with people that randomly insult group members. I prefer team players, I clear content way faster with constructive people.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Well the guys saying fuck you was a bit uncalled for, I would normally apologies for an accidental pull etc. Most groups i've been in with are fine with the odd mistake should it happen. Not sure why that person instantly flamed did anything else happen prior to this?

10+ Year Old Account
    You know you could of just extended your chat box.

Deleted
    I think saying "Just because you are from Illidan doesn't mean you're any good." kinda detracts from the sincerity of your apology.

i always laugh at wipes

people take this game WAY too seriously

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    You know you could of just extended your chat box.
    But then he'd be showing us what was actually said and not just these snippets that show him as the "victim" :P

Why are you in your garrison and not in the instance? NVM, you were screenshotting selectively after the kick.

Anyway, two wrongs don't make a right. If you'd just explained what happened, it might have gone a lot differently. Instead you decide to be rude. I kick rude people too, no matter what. Obviously kicking the tank or healer usually doesn't work, but DPS... yeah, bye bye. You also don't show the whole run, maybe you pulled (a lot) before, too and this was the straw. We don't know.

You should keep things like this to yourself.
    Last edited by Amerissis; 2014-11-28 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Why are you in your garrison and not in the instance?
    Ah yes... that's what made me think something was odd. Thank you!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    People getting more and more impatient

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    But then he'd be showing us what was actually said and not just these snippets that show him as the "victim" :P
    Exactly, won't take anyone serious who shows chat box conversations like this.

he said get rekt lol aka look at me am in the cool club prob matchs his attitude to meh sheeple!

10+ Year Old Account
    Locked the thread.

Overall, no constructive discussion can come out from this I think.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..