Thread: Ashran as melee

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ashran as melee

Ashran isn't very melee-frienly. All i see is ranged people killing each other and melees getting instant killed as soon they try to hit anything.
    They really have to make Ashran more melee-frienly, because there's really no point in participating in big battles as a melee for now.

It's always been true about any turtle-style PvP. Whoever is on the front lines, will get targeted by a gazillion of ranged.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

DKs have a really good time in Ashran. Especially when you are using engineering gadgets and other Ashran specific items.

Go blood.
    Stealth into the middle of Horde.
    Use scroll of protection.
    Wand of lightning self.
    Rotate defensives.
    Use remorseless winter (Arthas mode enabled).
    Pretend you are destroying the heroes on Icecrown.
    Spam AOE.
    (Bonus: Have a pocket healer or two)
    Watch the Horde crumble.

It's the tradeoff for melee being so simple and easy to play in PvP.

#ShotsFired

Deleted
    ive changed my monk into a healer just for ashran, its more fun healing than just sitting there watching ranged duke it out

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    It's the tradeoff for melee being so simple and easy to play in PvP.

#ShotsFired
    If melee are getting instantly killed I don't see how that's simple and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    If melee are getting instantly killed I don't see how that's simple and easy.
    How does that even make sense in reply to what I said? I didn't say them getting killed is what makes them simple lol, I thought that much was obvious.

OT: DK's are good though, grip too stronk. Rest of the melee go AFK in the back or something

Deleted
    How does that even make sense in reply to what I said? I didn't say them getting killed is what makes them simple lol, I thought that much was obvious.

OT: DK's are good though, grip too stronk. Rest of the melee go AFK in the back or something
    you get the ocasional ret paladin pop bubble and try and nuke someone before dying or a warrior charging in popping everything and causing a bit of chaos, but other than that, they are useless lol

Unless Kagemoth is your pocket healer.

*fades back into the shadows*

Quote Originally Posted by Aryah View Post
    DKs have a really good time in Ashran. Especially when you are using engineering gadgets and other Ashran specific items.

Go blood.
    Stealth into the middle of Horde.
    Use scroll of protection.
    Wand of lightning self.
    Rotate defensives.
    Use remorseless winter (Arthas mode enabled).
    Pretend you are destroying the heroes on Icecrown.
    Spam AOE.
    (Bonus: Have a pocket healer or two)
    Watch the Horde crumble.
    I lol'd.

Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryah View Post
    Unless Kagemoth is your pocket healer.

*fades back into the shadows*
    He's too busy scaring our trials and blowing everyone's ear drums with his excessively loud microphone to actually heal!

Don't do the frontline shit, that's for ranged dragon slayers and nooblords. Do the side road missions, it's unlikely there's gonna be zergs there, but there will be plenty of 5 on 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Don't do the frontline shit, that's for ranged dragon slayers and nooblords.
    Hahahaha this genuinely made me laugh. WTB Title:

Ranged Dragonslayer, and Nooblord Anzen.

Deleted
    on my server defias brotherhood it has CRZ fucking CRZ defias is a high pop server and we get cross realmed with fucking french servers yeah no wonder assran lags

10+ Year Old Account
    Sneak around and smack everyone who tries to gather up for flank attack or who tries to get resources in other locations
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    people actually care about ashran? cant belive how that lagfest got past beta

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Don't do the frontline shit, that's for ranged dragon slayers and nooblords. Do the side road missions, it's unlikely there's gonna be zergs there, but there will be plenty of 5 on 5.
    I'm telling you man, with a bit of planning and coordination with friends you can cause havoc with melees in Ashran. Side road missions are fun t

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    I've never lagged in Ashran. Is this a thing for most people?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Ashran isn't very melee-frienly. All i see is ranged people killing each other and melees getting instant killed as soon they try to hit anything.
    They really have to make Ashran more melee-frienly, because there's really no point in participating in big battles as a melee for now.
    The game in general is geared against melee. It's a larger issue that I don't see a simple fix to.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Fucking noobs so many threads on this, if you have retard mode enabled and completely overextending ofcourse you are going to get targeted and die versus 40+ players. Just don't do it unless you know you can get away with it using your defensive CDs. Go protect your healers+ ranged from said players with retard mode enabled.

It's always been like this. First rule of RBGs: Don't overextend.

Simple stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    I've had no lag in ashran, maybe it's a problem with your pc or internet?

The biggest problems for me in ashran at he moment besides being melee is the non existent balancing. On yo server I have never been further than the tower outside horde base. 95% of huge time it's alliance just farming us on the bridge! the reason is we are so heavily out numbered. On horde we can't even fill a single raid group most of the time, whereas alliance seem to have more than one full raid .
    And no, I'm not on a low pop server, I'm on one of, if not the highest pop horde server in eu. It's weird because there's about a 40min queue to join ashran even though horde team is empty.

I'm not sure if blizzard has a cap on the total number of players in ashran rather than even teams. If so then that's so retarded.

You're right though in that ashran should not have made it past beta, the only point to it at the moment is nemesis quests and the few side objectives, if blizzard wants it to remain relevant for the whole expansion it's going to need a lot of work. A Zerg gets boring after a short time, even as ranged.