Deleted

Simcraft - Can someone please explain this change to me

Hi guys

I recently returned to WoW after missing pretty much the whole of MoP. I've got back up to speed with simcraft and I'm using their software and making changes to improve my DPS whilst confidently knowing what I'm doing. That is, until I came across something I don't understand.

In patchwerk fights, I've been running with Ice Nova, Rune of Power and Prismatic Crystal as my 75, 90 and 100 talents respectively. I simulated it when I had iLvl 625 and this talent choice was showing as the best and I've been happy with it. Multistrike was showing as the best secondary stat with haste/mastery in last positions. As shown here:

I've re-simmed now my iLvl is 638 after completing a few challenge modes and it's now showing (again in patchwerk fights) Ice Nova, Mirror Images and Thermal Void are the talents of best choice. What I don't understand is this:

Why has haste suddenly become the secondary stat of choice? I'm actually inclined to ignore it's recommendation and continue stacking multistrike.

Any have any ideas or advice? It would be greatly appreciated as although I'm not an elitist, I have always been enthusiastic about improving my contribution to raids. Thank you.

The values of your gear change as your gear changes and are also heavily influenced by talent choices. Haste isn't that far off from being your best stat in the first sim, so to see it go up that much isn't surprising. Especially since MI scales really well with haste, as does TV.

hard to give you a definitive anwser without seeing the profiles, but it's probably because you are using MI+TV+unglyphed IV in the second sim, and not in the first.