Highmaul boss order

Does anyone know the order that they're gating bosses in Highmaul? Icy Veins is saying that Kargath is the first boss of the raid, and Wowhead is saying that Butcher is the first boss. Butcher looks like the most mechanically simplistic, so I was thinking of starting out on him, but Kargath doesn't look too complicated either.

The map looks like Tectus and Brackenspore could potentially be reached without killing anything else, either. Are either one of those optional to go further?

I'm very happy that Blizzard listened to our complaints and made a raid which isn't one long corridor of bosses with no side branches, however I'd like to know the gating before we go in so that I can plan out our raid schedule a bit more definitely.

10+ Year Old Account
    kargath is first.

then 3 you can pretty much chose from; butcher, tectus and brackenspore.

then it gets liniar again starting at twin orgon. technically, you could move from kargath straight on to twin orgon and skip the other 3.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    kargath is first.

then 3 you can pretty much chose from; butcher, tectus and brackenspore.

then it gets liniar again starting at twin orgon. technically, you could move from kargath straight on to twin orgon and skip the other 3.
    Thanks - I'm suspecting that twin ogrons is a step up in difficulty, so we'll probably hit the other opening wing bosses for loot for the first few weeks but we can start skipping them when we've farmed them enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Thanks - I'm suspecting that twin ogrons is a step up in difficulty, so we'll probably hit the other opening wing bosses for loot for the first few weeks but we can start skipping them when we've farmed them enough?
    you can skip them. if you want and should is not up to me .
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    you can skip them. if you want and should is not up to me .
    I was just wondering if the other opening wing bosses will be necessary before the door to the final boss opens - but it looks like they're truly optional which is quite nice.

Deleted
    You can also kill the last boss and then return for those 3, if you for some absurd reason decide to skip them.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of difficulty from easy to hardest, what would you guys say?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjs View Post
    im also interested in this - specially how Tectus places on that list. From what I saw in streams during beta, that fight in particular can turn chaotic very fast. Compared to Butcher who is on the same "tier" of skippable bosses that one sticks out.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjs View Post
    We won't really know until we figure out how they're tuned. But mechanicswise, from the dungeon journal Butcher seems ridiculously simple and Kargath seems pretty uncomplex as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    im also interested in this - specially how Tectus places on that list. From what I saw in streams during beta, that fight in particular can turn chaotic very fast. Compared to Butcher who is on the same "tier" of skippable bosses that one sticks out.
    For non-mythic, the difficulty is fairly linear... the "optional" 3 are all around the same difficulty (easier than the last 3), but it depends on how they end up tuning Brackenspore.

I would put Tectus around the same difficulty as Butcher, but very different... Butcher is more of a DPS/Healer test, where Tectus is more of a mechanics test (don't stand in bad, dps the correct target) than a true DPS/healer test. Obviously this doesn't apply to mythic, and is subject to change since that is all based on my own beta testing.

Kargath - Twins - Koragh - Margok are mandatory ones, and you have to kill previous ones to go to the next. The rest of 3 are optional boss (and have no requirement to go whatsoever
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

If Tectus is as easy as he was on beta testing than trash mob is harder than he is. Butcher is pretty easy as well but is a DPS check so your group needs to know how to deeps properly, Brakenspore however is somehwat complicated (it requires a lot of group coordination). Basing on how the beta testing went Id say:

Tectus (You gota kill him second tough Kargath is the first boss and is mandatory) < Kargath < Buthcer < Twin Ogrons < Brakenspore < Koragh < Mar'grok (Mar'grok is probably harder than everything on Blackrock Foundry save from the wing bosses - a case could be made that Kromog isnt as hard as he is - and Blackhand to tell you the truth).

Doing the same for the Foundry bosses basing again on beta testing itd be:

Gruul < Oregorger < Darmac < Hans'Gar & Franzok < Kagraz = Thogar < Kromog < Blast Furnace < Blackhand <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< << Iron Maidens (for reference Iron Maidens was like Blackfuse on steroids one shotting you with every skill, it most definetly got nerfed, it was so imba that no one even managed to get trough phase one on Mythic testing wich shouldnt be hard seeing as phase 2 starts like 1 min and a half into the fight, heroic testing didnt go well at all either).
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2014-11-29 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    If Tectus is as easy as he was on beta testing than trash mob is harder than he is. Butcher is pretty easy as well but is a DPS check so your group needs to know how to deeps properly, Brakenspore however is somehwat complicated (it requires a lot of group coordination). Basing on how the beta testing went Id say:

Tectus (You gota kill him second tough Kargath is the first boss and is mandatory) < Kargath < Buthcer < Twin Ogrons < Brakenspore < Koragh < Mar'grok (Mar'grok is probably harder than everything on Blackrock Foundry save from the wing bosses - a case could be made that Kromog isnt as hard as he is - and Blackhand to tell you the truth).
    that seems odd. maybe I missed something but what makes Tectus so easy in your eyes? From that I saw this fight quickly becomes chaotic and - at least for me - rather hard to make out what's what.

that seems odd. maybe I missed something but what makes Tectus so easy in your eyes? From that I saw this fight quickly becomes chaotic and - at least for me - rather hard to make out what's what.
    99% of the groups killed him on beta, my group was a complete pug and 3 shotted him. The theory is the fight gets chaotic and all that, the pratice is gather all the Tectus pop hero and blast them all to bits. Mythic testing didnt help either. The first version they tested was imortal, Tectus basicaly became 4 medium Tectus instead of 2 wich was just insane. The second version the one that made live however sufered from the same problems as the heroic one. In paper it was a good fight on pratice it was just a matter of getting all 8 little Tectus out almost at the same time popping hero and letting AoE win for you. He was the only boss that got killed on Mythic testing, and he was killed by multiple guilds, some of wich streamed.

Keep in mind beta is beta, the fight was most likely heavilly rebalanced before going live.

http://www.twitch.tv/killars/c/5118932 Killarz streaming what he calls "World First Mythic Tectus" you can see they had 19 ppl. All the problems I said the fight had are demostraded on this kill video.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2014-11-29 at 01:10 AM.

Does anyone know the blizzard order, i know there are optional fights but blizzard still sets an order for mythic lockouts that could leave som1 locked out unless ppl do tge bosses in the right order.

Quote Originally Posted by provaporous View Post
    Does anyone know the blizzard order, i know there are optional fights but blizzard still sets an order for mythic lockouts that could leave som1 locked out unless ppl do tge bosses in the right order.
    Huh? In Mythic, whatever order you do, once a boss in the raid is killed, people will get locked to the *ID*. There is no "right order" in that sense. Butcher, Tectus, Brackenspore being optional doesn't mean they aren't part of the lockout.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2014-11-29 at 03:42 PM.

There isnt a set order, you have to kill Kargath > Ogrons > Koragh > Mar'Grok to clear the raid, the other 3 are 100% optional and after youve defeated Kargath you can do Twin Ogrons, Butcher, Tectus or Brackenspore in any order you feel like or just do Ogrons and not do the other 3 at all.

Deleted
    Pretty sure that you are thinking about the mythic testing, were this boss was very overtuned, when even guilds like Duality had problems with the dps requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Manigon View Post
    Pretty sure that you are thinking about the mythic testing, were this boss was very overtuned, when even guilds like Duality had problems with the dps requirements.
    Only the first Mythic test was overtuned because Tectus became 4 medium Tectus that would them become 16 small tectus and that was just too many tectus to handle. The second Mythic test he was killed by a bunch of guilds because the fight devolved into a zerg. The version that made live is the one from test number 2, not sure how much tunning it got and if it does manage to remedy the fact that this fight is just a stack everythign and AoE zerg at all.

That makes no sense, mythic uses an instance id and not "boss by boss" ids. So how is it relevant in which order you kill them?