Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have opened 80 Boxes of Big crates now. +5 lvl 610 Greens, +60 lvl 300 and under Greens, and +15 grey items. Rng sucks, I wish I could go back to lvl 2, atleast then I was getting more upgrades for followers.

I had about 1 crate every 1-2 missions with lv2, upon upgrading to lv3 I get about 1 crate per 15 missions. I've been keeping track of it. I thought I was just unlucky but if enough people are having the same problem then it might have been changed.

Edit: It's been happening like this for several days, I didn't just upgrade today. I have not seen a difference in crate contents.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2014-11-29 at 03:46 AM.

I have been getting much more boxes as Level 3 than I ever did at Level 2.
    1 for every 1-3 missions usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to be about the same for me. At first it was much less, then it picked up. Averages out to be the same as before for me though.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    I have opened 80 Boxes of Big crates now. +5 lvl 610 Greens, +60 lvl 300 and under Greens, and +15 grey items. Rng sucks, I wish I could go back to lvl 2, atleast then I was getting more upgrades for followers.

Same problem nothing but shit greens and crap blue low level gear that noone i say it again blizzard NOONE needs for anything. only seen a handful of minor +3 upgrades on followers in the last week with salvage yard rank 3. and i got a shitton more with tier 2 only up. the upgrade have been a total fiasco imo spend more get less yep thats fun

The crates for me seem to come in bursts, if the first 6 missions I completed didn't give me a crate, the last one isn't going to either.

Quote Originally Posted by dimedog View Post
    I have been getting much more boxes as Level 3 than I ever did at Level 2.
    1 for every 1-3 missions usually.
    the amount of boxes is ok, the content in them is not. it is 99.99999% low level green shit that you just vendor on the spot

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    the amount of boxes is ok, the content in them is not. it is 99.99999% low level green shit that you just vendor on the spot
    This totally. I get way less upgrades for followers then I did at lvl 2, but I guess RnG is Rng, but come on spent a lot of resources for this shit would like to see some kind of return.

Dunno if there was a hotfix but crates seem to be dropping at least as well now as they were at lvl 2, and unless it's my imagination I'm getting more items per box on average too (obviously that is RNG as well though).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Nope, a noticeable increase in amount of boxes when upgrading to lvl 3. I barely ever got anything at all with SY lvl 2, and when I did, the boxes were usually empty, while the SY lvl 3 boxes give follower upgrades at a much more steady pace (still too slow though, but a huge upgrade from lvl 2).
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Nope, a noticeable increase in amount of boxes when upgrading to lvl 3. I barely ever got anything at all with SY lvl 2, and when I did, the boxes were usually empty, while the SY lvl 3 boxes give follower upgrades at a much more steady pace (still too slow though, but a huge upgrade from lvl 2).
    Yea it must just be total RnG, and obviously I'm a un-lucky fucker. I mean 80 Boxes opened without anything to show for.

I don't mind the junk greens, but I was hoping I'd get more follower upgrades and that hasn't been the case. The War Mill churns out about 2 per day lol

getting far more loot with lvl 3 than lvl 2. Got it on 3 chars atm, not even questioning it at this point. Multiple blackrock level tokens, a BoE epic (agi cloak), and tons of the small upgrades over the course of a day. The extra profession mats are a nice boon aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    getting far more loot with lvl 3 than lvl 2. Got it on 3 chars atm, not even questioning it at this point. Multiple blackrock level tokens, a BoE epic (agi cloak), and tons of the small upgrades over the course of a day. The extra profession mats are a nice boon aswell.
    Most of what i'm getting from the big crates seem to be low level greens.

To be honest the only difference i see between level 2 and 3 is that it drops more useless vendor green items

10+ Year Old Account
    Salvage yard 3 aint s hit at all, i know this is pure luck.. i had 2 boe epics when opening my first 7 boxes, but got some quite expensive transmorg aswell, twink items, follower items (not many tho).So i'm pleased

- I made the banner, so feel free to copy and share!

10+ Year Old Account
    I also feel like it's been nerfed. All I get from them is garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    I had about 1 crate every 1-2 missions with lv2, upon upgrading to lv3 I get about 1 crate per 15 missions. I've been keeping track of it. I thought I was just unlucky but if enough people are having the same problem then it might have been changed.

Edit: It's been happening like this for several days, I didn't just upgrade today. I have not seen a difference in crate contents.
    Me too. I was honestly considering dropping my LVL3 Salvage Yard and picking up LVL2 Salvage instead. I then thought that'd be a ridiculous waste of GR (not that it's an issue anymore) so I decided against it. I've seen some people who have done exactly that but have not expressed their results. Anyone?

Paladin with LVL2 SY seems to get a lot of tokens/armor etc. (and I mean A LOT) so perhaps it's better.

IMO and in my experience, a level 2 Salvage Yard (which I have on 3 alts) yields higher armor/weapon content BECAUSE it's sole purpose is to gear up followers.

Level 3 Salvage Yard plays with the risk of player gear > occasional armor + other misc contents.

As a result, it is better to have a level 2 SY if you want to gear up followers while level 3 is aimed at more player orientated loot (low low chance) at the expense of follower items (purely because of the increased drop/loot table that the crates appear to have.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a slight upgrade on LvL3 on two characters, and is slightly better than my lvl2 one, but general crap really so far

I have kept track of all my big crate of salvage openings, and so far I've opened 176, here's the loot if anyone is interested.

Green items: 222
    Blue items: 26
    Epic items: 5
    Follower items: 59
    Grey items: 161
    Different tradeskill item stacks: 62

I like level 3 a lot more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumaku13 View Post
    Me too. I was honestly considering dropping my LVL3 Salvage Yard and picking up LVL2 Salvage instead. I then thought that'd be a ridiculous waste of GR (not that it's an issue anymore) so I decided against it. I've seen some people who have done exactly that but have not expressed their results. Anyone?

Paladin with LVL2 SY seems to get a lot of tokens/armor etc. (and I mean A LOT) so perhaps it's better.

IMO and in my experience, a level 2 Salvage Yard (which I have on 3 alts) yields higher armor/weapon content BECAUSE it's sole purpose is to gear up followers.

Level 3 Salvage Yard plays with the risk of player gear > occasional armor + other misc contents.

As a result, it is better to have a level 2 SY if you want to gear up followers while level 3 is aimed at more player orientated loot (low low chance) at the expense of follower items (purely because of the increased drop/loot table that the crates appear to have.)
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/114120-big-crate-of-salvage
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/114119-crate-of-salvage

drop rates of tokens are the same