Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumaku13 View Post
    Me too. I was honestly considering dropping my LVL3 Salvage Yard and picking up LVL2 Salvage instead. I then thought that'd be a ridiculous waste of GR (not that it's an issue anymore) so I decided against it. I've seen some people who have done exactly that but have not expressed their results. Anyone?

Paladin with LVL2 SY seems to get a lot of tokens/armor etc. (and I mean A LOT) so perhaps it's better.

IMO and in my experience, a level 2 Salvage Yard (which I have on 3 alts) yields higher armor/weapon content BECAUSE it's sole purpose is to gear up followers.

Level 3 Salvage Yard plays with the risk of player gear > occasional armor + other misc contents.

As a result, it is better to have a level 2 SY if you want to gear up followers while level 3 is aimed at more player orientated loot (low low chance) at the expense of follower items (purely because of the increased drop/loot table that the crates appear to have.)
    Think this is probably true. Personally, the only reason I have my salvage yard is to gear my followers, and I simply cannot deny that I got far more follower upgrade items from my level 2 than I do with my level 3. Heard the same thing from others aswell, so decided to go back to level 2, and I am getting follower upgrades far more often now. Maybe it'll get fixed in the future, but right now I really need to gear my followers so I can send them out on mission that will grant me some upgrades, and for that the level 2 salvage yard will help me the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Draggi View Post
    Think this is probably true. Personally, the only reason I have my salvage yard is to gear my followers, and I simply cannot deny that I got far more follower upgrade items from my level 2 than I do with my level 3. Heard the same thing from others aswell, so decided to go back to level 2, and I am getting follower upgrades far more often now. Maybe it'll get fixed in the future, but right now I really need to gear my followers so I can send them out on mission that will grant me some upgrades, and for that the level 2 salvage yard will help me the most.
    Define "far more often", please. How many crates have you opened since switching back? I ask, because I might end up doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    the amount of boxes is ok, the content in them is not. it is 99.99999% low level green shit that you just vendor on the spot
    I'm getting those low level greens with level 2 salvage yard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

15+ Year Old Account
    This.

Some people's RNG just sucks.

I got 7 boxes from 7 missions earlier too.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Someone does 4 missions and gets no boxes, comes to the forums to complain and that 4 missions magically turns into 15

RNG is RNG. I run 3 alts all level 100, all have level 3 yard. On average I get 1 every 3. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

btw, concerning armor and weapon enhancements and equipment, how often does the dwarven bunker work orders provide upgrades instead of iron horde scrap?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    btw, concerning armor and weapon enhancements and equipment, how often does the dwarven bunker work orders provide upgrades instead of iron horde scrap?
    Seems to be around a third for me
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/114120-big-crate-of-salvage
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/114119-crate-of-salvage

drop rates of tokens are the same
    So chance to get item for a follower is about 15% - seems fair to me.
    I've noticed it too - few days ago I was getting far more follower items from boxes and Bunker aswell - about 1 item per 3 boxes, but now it is more like 1 item per 8-10 boxes. I was wondering did they reduced drop chance, or I was just lucky with drops.

i myself get follower upgrades consistently, but iam getting a huge glut of enhancements and no straight 615/630 equip upgrades.

Hmm wait. does it matter if i use enhancements to reach 615/630 instead of armor/weapon set upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    i myself get follower upgrades consistently, but iam getting a huge glut of enhancements and no straight 615/630 equip upgrades.

Hmm wait. does it matter if i use enhancements to reach 615/630 instead of armor/weapon set upgrades?
    No, and in a few days you will hate getting 615 upgrades
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

This. Just RNG. People on the other end of the RNG spectrum are not coming here to complain that the follower enhancement drop rate is too high. So all everyone hears is this rumor that the drop rate is worse with lvl 3 sy. Look at the evidence and you will see the drop rates are equal and the number of items per box doesn't affect that drop rate. You're making a mistake if you don't get level 3 sy ASAP.