Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    Fuck no.

Ghostcrawler and his moronic "bring the player not the class" philosophy is the cancer that eventually turned WoW into what it was in MoP. He was so bad Blizz eventually had to fire him.

Holinka is basically cleaning the garbage GC left behind and is trying to return the game to a proper state. Obviously, he ain't perfect, but he displays more sense than GC ever did.
    He wasn't fired. He left himself. Don't make up shit or outlandish claims without evidence.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Then again, if you go the entirely opposite way and go "fuck the playerbase", the a game will be a much bigger fail, i.e. SimCity 2013 and The Sims 4, in which the Maxis devs have stated that their "visions" of those games were the reasons why the made them that way. Their visions of those types of games also alienated almost the entire Sims and SimCity fanbases, and for good reason.
    i agree with this they have to listen to some degree but im not demanding anything

Bring the player not the class was referring to raiding. They didn't want raids stacking certain classes (shamans in particular) rather than taking their best players.

Ghostcrawler's issue was that he tried to make every spec pvp-viable, and Holinka is doing the same. The unpopular truth is that many specs do not belong in pvp, either because they are too one-dimensional or too obnoxious to play against. Deathknights as a class do not belong in pvp because the playstyle is bot-like, waddling to the nearest target doing a pve-rotation. It's very bad design. Blizzard should have continued the TBC philosophy of focusing on high-skillcap specs and balancing them in their own metagame while keeping the junk like prot specs, fire, combat, destro, BM, ret etc out of arena.

Holinka is way out of GC's league. GC still did a better balancing that this shit, and you know that because when GC balanced stuff it was very rare that we saw huge nerf/buff numbers, meaning balancing was mostly right and only needed tuning. With Holinka, we're seeing 20%-80% number nerfs/buffs every session of tweaks, that's beyond stupid, that's like making a poll with a 60% error rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    He doesn't even have cojones to make EMFH baseline.
    Frankly, I think his hands are tied here, because:

- they're making lots of money off of people transfering/faction changing to alliance
    - a new racial for humans might unbalance PvE
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    He wasnt fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He wasn't fired. He left himself. Don't make up shit or outlandish claims without evidence.
    In corporate speech, "amicably parted ways" or "wanted to take his career in a different direction from what we offered him", and so on, means he was asked to resign = fired. Both employees & companies like it when it's done this way because it makes everyone look good.

No game designer in his right mind would give up working at a company like Blizzard.

EDIT: Hell, even if he hadn't screwed up PvP, the game literally lost almost half of its subscribers under his watch. It makes perfect sense that the Activision boys in charge would demand his removal.
    Last edited by Gigana; 2014-11-29 at 02:38 PM.

- they're making lots of money off of people transfering/faction changing to alliance

In corporate speech, "amicably parted ways" or "wanted to take his career in a different direction from what we offered him", and so on, means he was asked to resign = fired. Both employees & companies like it when it's done this way because it makes everyone look good.

No game designer in his right mind would give up working at a company like Blizzard.

EDIT: Hell, even if he hadn't screwed up PvP, the game literally lost almost half of its subscribers under his watch. It makes perfect sense that the Activision boys in charge would demand his removal.
    Nailed it. At $25 a pop, I know they've made a few bucks of me alone switching human for EMFH after my faith that they would finally fix it was misplaced.

To your second bold point, I think you nailed it. Unless it was financially driven (doubtful), why would you leave one of the best (debatable, sure) completely on your own free will and desires?

Deleted
    it's been a few patches in WoD with Holinka in charge, let's wait till the end of expac to judge wether he's like Ghostcrawler or not.

Hint: He can't do any worse.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck no.

Ghostcrawler and his moronic "bring the player not the class" philosophy is the cancer that eventually turned WoW into what it was in MoP. He was so bad Blizz eventually had to fire him.

Holinka is basically cleaning the garbage GC left behind and is trying to return the game to a proper state. Obviously, he ain't perfect, but he displays more sense than GC ever did.
    Your post is full of such misinformation, and out right lies, that's how silly rumours start, Read a little, and learn about what you're talking about, otherwise you risk continuously looking foolish

- - - Updated - - -

You really should stop making things up, He left because he wanted a different direction in his career, he wanted to do different things, And you need to realise he was not the only person working at Blizz, he couldn't just make the changes, and implement them himself, he was part of a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    Nailed it. At $25 a pop, I know they've made a few bucks of me alone switching human for EMFH after my faith that they would finally fix it was misplaced.

To your second bold point, I think you nailed it. Unless it was financially driven (doubtful), why would you leave one of the best (debatable, sure) completely on your own free will and desires?
    Exactly. At the end of the day, it's all about maximizing profits for everyone while maintaining a good public image.

I find it incredible that some people - like this Gobra guy - don't understand that very basic concept.

Deleted
    Who cares, good riddance. GC is now at riot and we are better off for it. I will miss GC he always replied to my tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I have 99% horde pop on my server, how do i ashran without crz?
    This. CRZ is absolutely needed for Ashran as about 80% of all realms have horrible faction balance.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta Kyy View Post
    This. CRZ is absolutely needed for Ashran as about 80% of all realms have horrible faction balance.
    CRZ has killed Ashran on our server(s).

Giving them like a 10-15% extra health CD wouldn't do shit to PvE.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne