Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Glad war dps @634 avg ilvl dps results

Hey guys here is a link to my character:
    Edit: can't link till I have posted a few times. My characters name is Bloodyniné, to make the é hold alt and press 1410 then release. it should produce the é.

I'm looking for some help with my dps. For some reason I don't see the numbers everyone is coming up with. In heroics if I get lucky with RNG and crit often I can see around 17k-18k dps with a pre made group. That means no damage bonus that you get from pugging. When I beat on a dummy for 5-10mins though, the highest single target dps I can see is 13k tops. How are people claiming to get 19-20k single target? My rotation is pretty simple use SS off cd rage dump with HS and use revenge off cool down save SC to go with SS don't execute, and so on. As far as I know I have the BiS gear pretty much minus a couple pieces and I can get the same result as arms on single target fights, but then when the adds spawn if there is some my arms dmg goes through the roof. What I'm getting at unless its a crit thing I don't see what all the hub bub is about with glad. I find it entertaining but Arms seems to do better in most situations. Maybe I should just wait for the raid data to come through, instead of relying what what people are saying. What do you guys do dps wise single target? Am I full of crap?

Tried it still not working I get the message "You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."

You got nerfed yesterday
    13k @ 634 item lvl, seems a bit low, but its about there...

so 13k at 634 on a target dummy is about right? I'm not going crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Canyouweed View Post
    You got nerfed yesterday
    13k @ 634 item lvl, seems a bit low, but its about there...
    If about there means 5k lower than it should be then yea. Target dummies are useless though since you have no buffs just do dungeons and stop caring about it.

I think target dummies are a great base line to see what you can do without raiding buffs. In heroics like I said I can get 17-18k. Since you consider target dummies useless, is 17-18k around what I should be pulling then?

AOE arms is better.

Anyway. Are you waiting for SS to be off cd before using SC? To make sure you get 2 within the buff. Nothing else I can think of. I use execute though and end up with more than 13k. Not sure what's happened. We did get a 7% damage nerf overall but that shouldn't drop it that far. I end up with about 16k do single target, and that's with mainly protection gear as I tank first. So I have more mastery than norMal when it comes to glad dps

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    you have to subtract 7-10k dps from dummies since your missing raid and food buffs its to give you an estimate. When i did my dps check on my arms warrior ilvl 528 in lfr gear best in slot. I was doing 210k dps then a heroic dungeon 214k dps on bosses 900k on trash for raid 238k 310k burst or 400k with lust and 5 million on trash. For this new expansion i have not ordered the expansion since im waiting till everyone gets used to doing dungeons instead of going through wipe fests like on every expansion launch.

Proving grounds really did a good job at weeding out some mindless. Been a great experience in pugs even in challenge modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chargeology View Post
    AOE arms is better.

Anyway. Are you waiting for SS to be off cd before using SC? To make sure you get 2 within the buff. Nothing else I can think of. I use execute though and end up with more than 13k. Not sure what's happened. We did get a 7% damage nerf overall but that shouldn't drop it that far. I end up with about 16k do single target, and that's with mainly protection gear as I tank first. So I have more mastery than norMal when it comes to glad dps
    Yeah 13k was on the dummy I do 17-18k on bosses in dungeons, but I see people posting 20-21k dps I thought I had the good gear that I could pull that. guess I'm wrong =/

You're on target. I do max 12.5k unbuffed, was 14k before the nerf. 18k is good for single target. 20-21k Is probably on fights with an add or two.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could be a comfort level with heroics/character, the fight, or those players are allowed to train on a boss while others work on mechanics. There are some boss fights where I absolutely tank on the meters because I tend to pick up on the slack of others when it comes to adhering to mechanics. The first boss in UBRS, the last boss in Depot, and the last boss in Slagmines tend to put my damage really, really low because of the downtime I get while running around while trying to minimize the damage I take.

Also, if you're lucky like me, you can do the duration of the fight without getting a single SS crit.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

There are a lot of factors that can swing your DPS wildly in heroics. For example do you have heroism? Also, if your other two DPS is really good, and bosses are dying fast, you'll generally have higher DPS(even more true if you have heroism). Another factor are your raid buffs. Some matter a lot more then others(e.g. crit buff). Then of course there are the bosses themselves. Some bosses have mechanics that reduce uptime, which will obviously reduce DPS.

Thanks for all the replies. It did help me at ease with what I was getting. I've never been bad at warrior, but I didn't want to be that bad lol

You are missing 6 bis pre raid items, your neck being pretty huge as it has no bonus armor. This is my dps on dummy with no buffs, not even battleshout. I am 635 Ilvl missing only the bonemaw trinket. It was over 19k while dots ticked till i dropped combat.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaciouzd View Post
    You are missing 6 bis pre raid items, your neck being pretty huge as it has no bonus armor. This is my dps on dummy with no buffs, not even battleshout. I am 635 Ilvl missing only the bonemaw trinket. It was over 19k while dots ticked till i dropped combat.

Can you please link your profile/damage split by ability from these 19K and maybe give us a guide link / some hints?

My profile is in my sig and just make sure you maximize shield charge with unyielding strikes

Oh it has my tank gear right now, theres a thread with BiS glad on these forums, pretty much all crit/haste gear
    Last edited by tenaciouzd; 2014-11-29 at 09:05 AM.

Deleted
    Using glyph of cleave in your garrison will let you hit the tank dummy as well. Not possible to run 18.3k DPS singletarget without any buffs. Or you got EXTREMELY lucky in your 92seconds of test.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vossten View Post
    Using glyph of cleave in your garrison will let you hit the tank dummy as well. Not possible to run 18.3k DPS singletarget without any buffs. Or you got EXTREMELY lucky in your 92seconds of test.
    Ye I'm going with this. At 637 missing some BA pieces I sim at 21.1k patchwerk over a long fight. That's with food and every buff and potions.