Deleted

I've spent all day simcrafting and theorycrafting...

I'd like some constructive critiscm on my results and perhaps what could be done better to improve them, so please take a moment to actually read what I have done. I'm a little bit surprised by the results.

The basics
    - Latest simcraft.
    - Guidance from AskMrRobot in regards to BiS gear after editing stat weights.
    - 10k iterations.
    - Patchwerk style.
    - Fully buffed.
    - 450 seconds length fight.
    - 50 ms.
    - Race: Undead
    - Icy Veins glyph.

The results
    Ice Nova -> Mirror Images -> Thermal Void
    - Several re-simulations with the final conclusion being that the following gear grants the most DPS with this setup.
    DPS: 37960

Ice Nova -> Mirror Images -> Prismatic Crystal
    - Copeland's Clarity appears to be BiS.
    - Several re-simulations with the final conclusion being that the following gear grants the most DPS with this setup.
    DPS: 38700

Notes
    - Trinkets aren't updated on AskMrRobot. Whether this has an effect on Simulationscraft I am not entirely sure of. I doubt it though as I believe that items are handled by Simulationscraft itself.
    - This was done with the undead race.
    - I will continue my work with some other talents granted the above is correct and I'm not fucking up somewhere.

I did this because I dislike Prismatic Crystal and I love the fast-paced game-play frost has to offer. Therefore, I'm in favor of Unstable Magic / Ice Nova -> Mirror Images -> Thermal Void because it's a reliable setup that favors both control and haste.

Last edited by mmoc861630b21f; 2014-11-28 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    I'm aware of those. But according to my data some of it is wrong.

Pastebin the profile you used and I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotfix View Post
    I'm aware of those. But according to my data some of it is wrong.
    Do you mind telling us what exactly is wrong...?

I would maybe try rerunning some things with RoP in there as well - might sim stronger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    Do you mind telling us what exactly is wrong...?
    BiS trinkets, the DPS between some talent choices and the BiS list in general.

Im unable to repeat any of your data, and the default profiles / talent combos I run are out DPSing your sims.

This is pointless unless you give us the profile you are using, and any additional arguments you are giving the sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotfix View Post
    BiS trinkets, the DPS between some talent choices and the BiS list in general.
    The usual procedure when claiming that the sample profile is not optimized, is to offer a new talent/glyphs/gear profile that provides higher simulated DPS.

The current nightly sims show Frost simming above 40K (http://www.simulationcraft.org/repor....html#player13). This is above your claimed numbers, so I am unable to make any optimizations.

Deleted
    is ice nova really better than frost bomb?

For single target before tier bonuses, yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    For single target before tier bonuses, yes.
    no.

Frost bomb is always the stronger choice. Test it yourself. Or check simcraft e.g.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalMagePlaya View Post
    no.

Frost bomb is always the stronger choice. Test it yourself. Or check simcraft e.g.
    I said before tier bonuses. Go run the sims yourself, I already have. IN > Fbomb in pre-raid, ~=Fbomb in raid gear, and Fbomb > IN once you have the 4pc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    I said before tier bonuses. Go run the sims yourself, I already have. IN > Fbomb in pre-raid, ~=Fbomb in raid gear, and Fbomb > IN once you have the 4pc.
    no.

test it yourself. even without boni, your doing much better. simcraft is still not perfect. alot of little details during the burst phase are missing/wrong in the simcraft prio list. i burst much higher than simcraft does for example..

- - - Updated - - -

simcraft might be a good basic guideline, but for advanced, detailed shit, its kinda useless. you gotta test yourself.

no.

test it yourself. even without boni, your doing much better. simcraft is still not perfect. alot of little details during the burst phase are missing/wrong in the simcraft prio list. i burst much higher than simcraft does for example..

- - - Updated - - -

simcraft might be a good basic guideline, but for advanced, detailed shit, its kinda useless. you gotta test yourself.
    You're welcome to enlighten us with your "advanced, detailed shit" and what you are doing to perform much better. What are these "little details during the burst phase" that are "missing/wrong in the simcraft prio list"?

If all you're saying is that "the peak in the DPS timeline chart is lower than what I see on Skada", then you are simply misunderstanding the output data.

no.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the complete opposite of true. Nuances in openers that effect DPS by 1-2% (or less) are almost impossible to find with confidence via in game testing due to how heavily RNG impacts those short periods of time. SimC is actually far better at testing these things, as it's able to iterate tens of thousands of times the same opener, and give you statistical confidence that one opener vs another is actually a DPS increase.

What exactly is the SimC Frost APL missing? I'm certainly open to improving it, but you're going to have to give us more to go on than it's missing "alot of little details during the burst phase" - which tells us nothing about what we need to add or improve upon.
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2014-11-29 at 05:36 AM.

Enough with the trolling already. If you can't explain why you believe there is a problem with the APL in detail then we can assume you're just here to waste everyone's time.

Deleted
    no.

This is false. Both ingame testing and simcraft puts IN above Fbomb in PRE 4PC. WITH 4pc, yes, fbomb beats IN. Not without though. This is for single target, in a fair bit of AoE scenarios, FB beats IN.

"Testing yourself" is basically impossible, because the BY FAR biggest difference from pull to pull when testing yourself is personal mistakes and RNG, not a change of talents of gear.

Ofcource testing yourself is still a valid tool, but it's not really any kind of evidence for certain setups being better or worse.
    Last edited by mmoc130aeee1c6; 2014-11-29 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Reading your replies again I'm quite confident it's just trollbait :<.

I've spent ALL DAY simcrafting. I'm 100% certain this is not trollbait, and the profiles you are using to identify trollbait are just not optimized.
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2014-11-29 at 07:20 AM.