Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Doing 11 garrisons...

...with constant switching of characters for follower missions, daily professions, mining, herbing...is crazy.

I'm crazy.

Anyone in the same boat?

You should be for the insane reward that would give you... I haven't even gotten my second garrison to level 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    lol I'm currently working on just 2, hoping i can get all the pets and mounts with them. I doubt I will bother with my other alts.

I'm working on getting 5 alts to at least Garrison level 2.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Got 16 alts atm at 91+, working on getting all of them to 100. But in between apexis daily, daily CM and swapping to all of the characters to do all the missions its kinda hard to find the time to level all of them. Aiming to get them all to level 96 first for garden and level 2 profession buildings, its a long haul though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting to Garrison lvl 2 is fairly simple, and is my current aim for all my alts. Getting to 3, more complex but also simple.

Getting everything to 3? Serious stuff required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Broker: Garrisons is good if you use TitanPanel (it requires it or some other similar addon), as it shows timers for everything across your alts. Hoping for Altoholic to adopt this, but kind of doubting it. All I wanted really was a cache counter, as there's a 500 cap for the caches, so it's good to know when they're getting full so you can go empty them out. However, Broker: Garrison also does show timers for missions and work orders, so it's pretty nifty.

2 garrisons at level 3, 3 more at level 2. I've almost reached my limit. I think I will only get one more to level 3 and stop there.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Working with 2 garrisons atm, but the 2nd gets neglected quite a lot. I don't think I'll be using the garrisons besides the bare minimum on any further alts I level.

When I hover over a building in the "Broker Garrison" menu on the minimap, I kinda want an addon to tell me what other alts have that building and how the work orders are going.

Currently using:

Broker Garrisons
    Breeze
    Master Plan

Dunno if breeze is redundant with broker and master

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that bad with addons that do most of the work for you. I only have 1 now because I'm too lazy to quest on alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by palaios View Post
    Dunno if breeze is redundant with broker and master
    It is, they added stuff from breeze to master plan

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    ...with constant switching of characters for follower missions, daily professions, mining, herbing...is crazy.

I'm crazy.

Anyone in the same boat?
    Jeez, how long's that taking you?? O.o

I can't even be bothered to clear my mines every day at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am focusing the majority of my time on my level 100 frost mage, prepping him for mythic raiding; Garrison level 3 on him and almost all buildings are level 3 with about half of my followers above 615 ilvl. Besides my mage, I've got a level 92 DK, Priest and Paladin each with their level 1 garrisons. I'd like to get 11 level 100s eventually, but that will be a long time coming with my busy schedule.

Deleted
    I had a full stable all the way up to Cataclysm, and Mists, which was the expansion I really waited for, kind of fizzled and I only played one to 90, and the monk to 85, and then had a long while without playing (nearly two years.)

Now though, going to build up the stable again. 11x100 and perhaps some alts on my secondary accounts. It'll be a blast!

It is really starting to get that F2P facebook game theme going for it...

I think Blizzard outdid their suckiness and went above and beyond the MoP daily grindfest with this Garrison thing. I don't mind logging in daily, but hourly to optimize my mission running, that just won't happen. And it will leave that feeling of inefficiency lingering.
    EVE nailed it by a skill queue system that kept running when offline. I don't mind paying to play every now and then, if my game can progress at a steady pace when I am not online. But this forced frequency is getting me on the fence of actually just calling it quits and say that I have done enough WoD. It was worth the initial price, as I actually had fun leveling, but I doubt I will enjoy it on my alts (who are mostly sitting at 91-92 with a level 1 garrison and leveling through missions). The thought of having to do that forced grind on multiple characters is just nauseating.

Deleted
    Aziras, the better missions are 8-10 hours, and your cache accrues to 500, so like 3,5 days. If you play for a while, you can leave the garrison idle for at least a third of a day easy.

But, yeah, I agree. There should be longer follower missions later on. 24 hour missions wouldn't sound too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

I'm crazy.

Anyone in the same boat?
    I'm personally not bothering with the mine on more than two characters. When I get additional herb gardens those will be a thing, though.

Lol, I only have two garrisons at level 3 and it's all I can do to keep things current.