Deleted

Question Black Friday, WoW for 5$, can't purchase. Do I need to Gift myself? Some help pls.

Hi all,

This may be a stupid question, but still, I'm confused.
    2 Years ago I stoped playing WoW, so yesterday I discovered there would be a nice WoW-deal during Black Friday.

The thing is I never bought MoP, so I tought this could be a sweet deal.
    But when I try to purchase and click the BUY NOW button, on the next page they force me to buy WoD.
    So it seems like I can't upgrade my old account with this or what ?

For now I just want to have MoP, so I was planning to wait for purchasing WoD next month. Don't have time to play at the moment.

Do I have to gift it to myself or something ? Cause when I click GIFT, it sends me immediately to the paying page.
    And if I do, can I still log on to it with my old account, playing with all my old characters ?

If you already have WoW on your account you have MOP on it already so that's why it sends you to the WoD page.

All expansions except WoD are included in the base package now so no reason to buy anything more unless you want WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im pretty sure they made it so the base WoW package includes MoP now, so may be why it wont let you purchase. Does it say what license you have on your WoW account?
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

The base game now includes every expansion up to and including MoP, so if you have that already (I'm assuming you're not playing on a Trial Account?) you don't need to buy the $5 copy of wow.

Deleted
    I only own the base game, TBC, WotLK and Cataclysm.

I stoped playing right before MoP got released, so I never purchased that expansion. I only had access for the beta once, but that's it, I don't own MoP.
    That's why I tought I could purchase it trough this sale.
    So you're saying I can play MoP, including the Pandaren race for, well "free" ? I mean when does Blizzard do something for free ?

But my account does say I have MoP, also I never bought it.

So do I only have to buy WoD now and not MoP first, or ... ?
    Last edited by mmoc93a7fde32d; 2014-11-28 at 10:43 PM.

If you have the base game you have MoP, as it was added to the base game.

You only need to buy WoD now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    If you have the base game you have MoP, as it was added to the base game.

You only need to buy WoD now.
    ^This. You don't need to buy anything unless you want WoD. Even if you only played back when Vanilla was out....you will now have everything up through MoP as it counts as the base game now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphken View Post
    So you're saying I can play MoP, including the Pandaren race for, well "free" ? I mean when does Blizzard do something for free ?
    They've been doing this since Wrath, actually. :P All of the expansions get rolled into the base game after they're no longer current (MoP was just rolled in immediately instead of being delayed like the others).

Deleted
    Lol, ok now I see how it works. Had no idea they were doing this since WotLK.

Glad I don't have to spend any money now.

Thank you all very much for the explanation!