Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    worst. change. ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I can't understand how Unleash Elements or Earth Quake both made it through. I thought Unleash Elements was the poster child for unnecessary spells but what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Davins View Post
    now its just a must press that wastes a GCD.
    It's not a waste if it's a must press. If you have Unleashed Fury, you press it because it increases your damage. It's not a fun button to press, sure. But it's obviously not a waste either.

It should simply be off the gcd.

I liked it better when it actually did something besides just an "Increases your next x". And did they fix the animation back to how it was? Last I checked it was just like a hammer whack animation rather than the spin for draeneis since WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    The only way you wind up with 20+ is if you're separately counting all MH/OH, individual pet abilities and Ascendance. That type of breakdown is useful for analyst, but it doesn't really hold up when we're talking about playability issues.
    Yea exactly, like I said earlier.... SS technically shows up as 4 seperate sources of damage in a combat log: SS MH, SS OH, Windblast MH, and Windblast OH. But realistically this is just one SS.... even under Ascendance it gets transformed but its still just SS that you press. There is also alot of random sources that aren't even technically Shaman stuff that people count, like trinket or cloak procs, weapon enchant procs (like the bleed effect), or other random stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    I for lols counted the Pre 6.0 and Post 6.0 count of damage.

We still had 20+ I think I counted 23 or something.

Compared to a lot of other classes, that is still ridiculous. Especially when everything is 5% here 7% there, oh have a 2%.
    I'll have to look at some combat logs to see for myself. I am sure there are still quite a few, they didn't really remove ALL that much (LS and ULE are the only big ones that come to mind).

But I still think this whole idea of "too many sources" isn't as big a deal as people claim (including devs... and why I still hate the reasoning behind removing the damage from ULE). Alot of the damage sources are just a single source split up, like SS. Some sources are also linked, like WF/FT imbues and melee auto attack.... since they are tied to each other and basically all part of our passive, auto attack damage.

I agree with Nazrakin in that where our damage is coming from overall is more important then the number of individual damage sources. It seems like they did a decent job in trying to shift more of our damage to active sources rather then passive. Overall that is good for us. But we are too reliant on our CD's right now, with our DPS jumping up when they are out and then we start falling in the meters as soon as they end.

Not sure what needs to change to fix this tho. Like Ascendance, I think it actually needs to be stronger as it was nerfed too much. We don't need yet another sustained DPS cd, we need burst like it was before. They should either bring back mastery scaling but just 50%, or add a +%dmg done.

Fire Elem tho seems to be a problem... I like that its a good DPS CD but after the 1min its active for our DPS has a noticeable drop. Not sure how to fix this

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. I don't care how many there are it's just amusing it was made out to be a big deal by the devs heading into ToT and then squat was done about it. As long as we have a few that are noticably more important than others. I'd like to feel like my stormstrike matters more than my frost shock however you look at the total % and the feel isn't there.

I'd like to see stormstrike and lava lash at let's say 15%+ each and then smaller damage sources.

The rotation would feel much more dull if we lost this ability. I'm not sure why people want specific numbers attached to it. It increases your other damage and taking it off the gcd just means you macro it into other abilities.

Ignore the numbers for a moment. Taking a button out of the rotation means more time we just sit with nothing to do and hardcast LB more. That's not a good thing.

Enhancement is one of the most fun specs to play in the game because of how many buttons are in its rotation. Simplifying it means that not only does it become a boring spec but it also makes the diversity of play styles among the classes less.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Fire Elem tho seems to be a problem... I like that its a good DPS CD but after the 1min its active for our DPS has a noticeable drop. Not sure how to fix this
    One solution would be to just remove the Fire Ele from the general spell book and have him replace PE as the level 90 talent. PE could then just be baked into each elemental, its ridiculous to have a talent dedicated to making a 5minute cooldown stronger anyway.