Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Gladiator is viable and does strong dps on almost every fight, but in most of the fights either Arms or Fury will be stronger.. Even when they are not Gladiator is usually not preffered for progression because it does not have any execute dps and does not bring rallying cry, 2 of the main reasons to take a Warrior in the first place. You can gem/enchant either Mastery or Crit and be fine as either Prot or any of the DPS specs, I'm personally all Mastery with a Arms/Prot (Glad) as my current two specs.

If we look at current fights at a HC level then it looks like this

Hellfire Assault = Fury >Arms/Glad
    Iron Reaver = Fury/Arms > Glad
    Kormrok = Fury > Arms/Glad
    High Council = Arms > Glad > Fury
    Kilrog Deadeye = Arms > Fury > Glad
    Gorefiend = All 3 unless you get the boss die within 2nd feast with Bloodlust up. If that happens Arms/Fury > Glad
    Socrethar = Arms > Glad > Fury
    Tyrant Velhari = Arms > Glad > Fury
    Iskar = Arms > Fury => Glad
    Xhul'horac = Arms/Fury > Glad
    Fel Lord Zakuun = All 3 are about equal - But Arms/Fury preffered since the end is about burning fast and Execute wins
    Mannoroth = Glad > Fury / Arms - But again due to a burn phase it's better to play Arms or Fury for execute.
    Archimonde = Arms > Glad > Fury - But again due to burn phase at the end it's better to be Arms or Fury.

If it's just farm content and you wanna see nice numbers, Gladiator can do that.
    Glad isn't "deprived" of Execute though. You can still use it as the filler spell instead of the "last" Devastate before SS to have nice results with it.
    The difference isn't as high as you make it sound. I still prefer Glad overall, mainly for its stability.

Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    Glad isn't "deprived" of Execute though. You can still use it as the filler spell instead of the "last" Devastate before SS to have nice results with it.
    The difference isn't as high as you make it sound. I still prefer Glad overall, mainly for its stability.
    Well it is deprived of Execute because it really doesn't have an execute, it's a very minor dps increase when used correctly and a dps loss if not used that way. For Arms and Fury it's an astronomical dps increase, an Arms Warrior can burst 400k dps during the final 20% which is what makes them so strong for progression with bosses that have final burn phases, a Gladiator hasn't got that.

Like I said, Gladiator will do nice numbers on pretty much every fight but is not really the no1 spec on anything, especially when it comes to progression. It's arguably the strongest on Mannoroth for pulling numbers, but still no execute means it's not as good for progression. Yes Gladiator can use Execute, but lets not try to compare it to Arms/Fury because it's not even remotely the same.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Well it is deprived of Execute because it really doesn't have an execute, it's a very minor dps increase when used correctly and a dps loss if not used that way. For Arms and Fury it's an astronomical dps increase, an Arms Warrior can burst 400k dps during the final 20% which is what makes them so strong for progression with bosses that have final burn phases, a Gladiator hasn't got that.
    Hum... 400k over the last 20% sounds way too exaggerated. This would mean the Warrior could do absolutely nothing during the first 80% of the boss - not even auto attacks - and still get an 80k effective DPS at the end of the fight?

I can agree that execute is better while Arms/Fury, but 400k better... do you have logs for this?

Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    Hum... 400k over the last 20% sounds way too exaggerated. This would mean the Warrior could do absolutely nothing during the first 80% of the boss - not even auto attacks - and still get an 80k effective DPS at the end of the fight?

I can agree that execute is better while Arms/Fury, but 400k better... do you have logs for this?
    It's not 400k better, but an Arms Warrior can burst 400k in the final 20%, that's not 400k for the entire final 20% but a burst up to 400k during the final 20%. I don't have a perfect example for you because I'm speaking theoretically.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=31

But that was this weeks Xhulhorac kill, check out the burst at the final 20%. That's why you take a Warrior for progression.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-08-03 at 12:09 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Anyone happen to know what the next haste cap would be after 13%? There's some nice +Haste pieces floating around and I figured I would make a set out of them since no one else in my guild will put them to use.

I've been looking all over for an explanation into the 13% haste cap. Can someone shed some light on the reason for this, other than "That's what SimC or Cyclonus says"?

Deleted
    Isn't it 1 more gcd or then 1 more Shield Slam inside Shield Charge

Deleted
    1 more gcd inside shield charge ... 675 hatse would be enough, but you want to get about 700 because latency etc

Quote Originally Posted by Tarina DE View Post
    1 more gcd inside shield charge ... 675 hatse would be enough, but you want to get about 700 because latency etc
    Yeah Tarina nails it. It's extra damage inside your 7 second shield charge window. If you were to plot out how much you value haste, it will rise and fall as you get closer / farther from each additional ability inside a shield charge. The first breakpoint we talked about in Highmaul was something like 350 haste, around that time blizz did a change to every class where we all got more haste from each haste point, so that skewed things and it went down to 300. Now that gear is better/higher ilvl you can get the second breakpoint ( 675-700 with latency ) easily. I haven't looked into whether it's an additional ability or just an extra Heroic strike, but our class trinket and t17 bonuses make this even more important as they're buffing the crap out of our stuff inside the charge.

Quote Originally Posted by FrothyMug View Post
    I've been looking all over for an explanation into the 13% haste cap. Can someone shed some light on the reason for this, other than "That's what SimC or Cyclonus says"?
    Also, to put credit where it is due, it was Collision that figured this out first.

To show you what I'm talking about, here is the Tier 18 Mythic Gladiator profile ( has 786 haste by default ) with a -786 haste enchant. The plot is then ran to show you how the haste value climbs and spikes as you add haste. Obviously you can't really do this with gear because you have to choose pieces with a bit of haste here and there, but it highlights where haste is most valuable between 0 and 2000 points of it ( with raid buffs added ). I added attack power for comparison.

The obvious question next is, where is the next breakpoint after 700, and if you do the same sort of plot, there's another huge gain at 2100 haste rating ( 29.5% buffed ), which isn't worth going for. Also had to know ( breakpoint after that is 3200 points of haste ).

And here is a 2100 haste raiting simc profile if you want to see mountain regions in your dps during bloodbath.

Code:
    head=helm_of_precognition,id=124330,bonus_id=567
    neck=world_enders_gorget,id=124222,bonus_id=567,enchant_id=5317
    shoulders=pauldrons_of_iron_wrath,id=124346,bonus_id=567
    back=void_lords_wizened_cloak,id=124147,bonus_id=567,enchant_id=5310
    chest=breastplate_of_iron_wrath,id=124319,bonus_id=567
    wrists=wristplate_of_the_wretched,id=124352,bonus_id=567
    hands=gauntlets_of_iron_wrath,id=124329,bonus_id=567
    waist=annihilans_waistplate,id=124349,bonus_id=567
    legs=legplates_of_iron_wrath,id=124340,bonus_id=567
    feet=cruel_hope_crushers,id=124323,bonus_id=567
    finger1=mannoroths_calcified_eye,id=124204,bonus_id=567,enchant_id=5324
    finger2=thorasus_the_stone_heart_of_draenor,id=124634,bonus_id=622,enchant_id=5325
    trinket1=warlords_unseeing_eye,id=124240,bonus_id=567
    trinket2=empty_drinking_horn,id=124238,bonus_id=567
    main_hand=fiendsbreath_warmace,id=124374,bonus_id=567,enchant_id=5330
    off_hand=soulwarped_tower_shield,id=124357,bonus_id=567
    Last edited by Cyclonus-WOW; 2015-08-05 at 06:43 PM.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Have the stat priorities changed for gladiator? I was thinking if anything, they favor mastery more now due to the mastery buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    The obvious question next is, where is the next breakpoint after 700, and if you do the same sort of plot, there's another huge gain at 2100 haste rating ( 29.5% buffed ), which isn't worth going for. Also had to know ( breakpoint after that is 3200 points of haste ).

And here is a 2100 haste raiting simc profile if you want to see mountain regions in your dps during bloodbath.
    Hm, I could hit that with Warlord's Unseeing Eye (without changing enchants). I doubt it would be worth it, though you could consistently stack EDH to full every time at haste values that high. :s

Edit: Actually, while running a profiler, getting some gear upgrades from my guild's progression (13/13H, 2/13M should be this week, at least), I can hit as much as 2300 Haste rating without using Warlord's Unseeing Eye or getting copious amounts of sockets, while also maintaining my T17 2-piece, and T18 2-piece together. (I'm not fond of the T18 4-piece at all.) I'm actively trying to get most of these upgrades, as no one else in my guild would really stand to benefit from some of them, nor do I need to upgrade some of my other existing pieces.

I need only 2 items from Heroic HFC and 2 from Mythic to make this work. Definitely going for this now, if only to mess with it. --It's going to take a lot more time. None of the items dropped this week. /woo

I know it's absolutely pointless, but I'll try to pick up a heroic WUE for the 3200 cap, for shits 'n' giggles, down the road.
    Last edited by Eninya; 2015-08-06 at 04:29 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for the stupid post, but does the ledge tanking ring on use work for Gladiators? I can't remember?

If so the tanking ledge is still worse than the dps one even after today's buff right? obviously the tanking one has better stats and +50% damage for 15s is better than +25% for 15 sec but the final explosion on the dps one should still put it ahead yeah?

If not then meh.
    Last edited by caervek; 2015-08-06 at 11:20 AM.

Deleted
    on use doesn't work. tried it just now

also, tooltip on tank ring isn't updated, but the effect is :-)

Deleted
    How did this up happen anyways? 50% Vers. for 15 sec is ridiculously OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where does Worldbreaker's Resolve rank in to the Gladiator trinkets?

Currently sitting with Heroic EDH, Heroic Anzu, and Heroic Worldbreaker.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordekae View Post
    Where does Worldbreaker's Resolve rank in to the Gladiator trinkets?

Currently sitting with Heroic EDH, Heroic Anzu, and Heroic Worldbreaker.
    Good, but not as good as EDH+Anzu.

Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    but I'll try to pick up a heroic WUE for the 3200 cap, for shits 'n' giggles, down the road.
    Mm... this is not worth it at all. I was just shooting the shit. I wonder how much higher the apm gets at 3200 haste lol. You were worried about carpal tunnel before, now you're worried your next of kin is born with it.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    Mm... this is not worth it at all. I was just shooting the shit. I wonder how much higher the apm gets at 3200 haste lol. You were worried about carpal tunnel before, now you're worried your next of kin is born with it.
    I've got iron wrists. lol I have a normal WUE that I actually tank with, so it's merely to mess around with.

Tragically, the 2200~ haste BP is actually a DPS upgrade for me. I've been horrifically unlucky this tier for gear... :/

Deleted
    So im using askmrrobot and the BiB (Best in bag) function. I however notice that even though I have 4set normal T18 from HFC it still recomends i equipp my 4st T17 Heroic.

Dooes anyone know if this is due to my T18 beeing normal compaird to heroic T17 and that the 4set bonus of T17 is considderd better untill heroic version of T18?

Iv read in this tread that 2set T17 + 2set T18 is better then 4set T17 so im confused.

Anyone that could sheed some light?

So we got 6% damage to revenge, shield slam, and devastate on PTR. Pretty sure this is not a tooltip change.
    Also nice because it's not specifically damage inside shield charge, or flat buffs, and SCALES WITH GEAR.
    What a fucking concept.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog