It was the best spec in WoD. =/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordekae View Post
    It was the best spec in WoD. =/
    It was the best spec for 1 tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    I didn't say "Best spec for DPS", I said it was the best spec. Which of course is subjective. But I enjoyed Glad very much as an actual raiding spec.

RIP Gladiator.

Definitely was the most enjoyable spec for me. I had a blast all WoD playing Glad, in fact I was just lamenting earlier today how it was removed. Cest la vie, I guess.

Seeing as how we still see the occasional poster unaware of Gladiator's fate, I think there are going to be some really unhappy people when the pre-patch hits. We're told again and again that those of us who visit and post on forums are a vast minority in the game. There are definitely people, probably a lot of people, who don't know how much is changing when 7.0 drops. The forum rage and quitting will be real when people see Glad is gone, when Fury warriors learn they can't play with 1handed weapons anymore, when Windwalker Monks have to all dual-wield, when Frost DKs have to dual wield, etc. The shitstorm will be the stuff of legends...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    True, but it was still viable throughout the expansion, it was by far the most fun to play of the three DPS specs, RIP Gladiator spec, hope those lazy devs join you ASAP :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    True, but it was still viable throughout the expansion, it was by far the most fun to play of the three DPS specs, RIP Gladiator spec, hope those lazy devs join you ASAP :P
    Fun is highly subjective, and personally I did not find binding HS to mouse wheel up due to the amount of required spamming fun.

Fun is highly subjective, and personally I did not find binding HS to mouse wheel up due to the amount of required spamming fun.
    That was your choice binding it to your mouse wheel.

The gameplay was something I didn't really much enjoy, but it was the fantasy, the RPG element to it that I found the most enjoyable, and is the reason why I will always be bitter with blizzard for removing it from the game completely.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I loved it, partially because the rotation was MoP Fury and WoD Fury sucked big time, but the fantasy aspect of it was great too.

I really liked Glad when WoD first dropped, before US felt pretty much mandatory. Prior to the nerfs and adjustments, it was a lot of fun to me, but after the shift to insane APM levels, it just hurt (physically) too much to play.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, BFA is almost here, shall we take bets on whether Blizzard honor their promise to bring back Gladiator spec after Legion? (after it was cut by devs too lazy to make an addition artifact).

I would be super stoked to see it return but in all honesty I'm not expecting it, they probably just said it would make a return after legion in order to placate the backlash at the time over removing arguably the biggest success of WoD.

Well, BFA is almost here, shall we take bets on whether Blizzard honor their promise to bring back Gladiator spec after Legion? (after it was cut by devs too lazy to make an addition artifact).

I would be super stoked to see it return but in all honesty I'm not expecting it, they probably just said it would make a return after legion in order to placate the backlash at the time over removing arguably the biggest success of WoD.
    Promise? You got a source for that?
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

(after it was cut by devs too lazy to make an addition artifact).
    This was definitely not the reason gladiator was removed. Also they never promised to bring it back. They nerfed it hard in early highmaul and said that it was never intended as a real DPS spec. They removed it in legion because it should never have been in the game in the first place.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    Promise? You got a source for that?
    I'll try and dig it out, there was a blue post on it after the big backlash when it became apparent ti was being removed in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    This was definitely not the reason gladiator was removed.
    It was the exact reason it was removed, they didn't want to allocate any time to making more than one artifact per spec so Gladiator spec, 1h Fury, 2h Frost, etc all got the shaft in Legion.

It was the exact reason it was removed, they didn't want to allocate any time to making more than one artifact per spec so Gladiator spec, 1h Fury, 2h Frost, etc all got the shaft in Legion.
    1h fury and 2h frost would require new artifact weapons, prot already has a shield artifact. Another shield would just be wierd.

If you want to discuss things, please create a new thread, don't necro one that's been inactive for 1½ years. Locking this.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders