Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I keep it on Mouse4. That way my other abilities which are 1-4, QERF or whatever shift/alt combination can be pressed at the same time.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Has anyone ran the hard numbers on enchants since the Shattered Hand nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Chookchan View Post
    A good suggestion I heard on this forum was to bind Heroic Strike to your mousewheel, but I enjoy the mashing it makes me feel like a SC pro.
    So in response to this: What Macros/keybinds are all you Gladiators using? Right now I have all the relevant abilities bound by themselves. (Charge, SCharge, SSlam, Rev, Dev, HS.) I'm only running 3 macros and 2 of those are Def CDs.
    Macro 1 is DR/BB/DemoShout - This is actually a tanking macro, I know DemoShout does nothing for DPS I'm thinking about moving or adding BB to SCharge, and SSlam. Thoughts?

My 2 defensive Macros are just adding Health pots/Healthstones to Shield Wall and Last stand.

Macros I'm considering:
    Replace HS with a Macro that includes SCharge and Revenge. Since HS is off the GCD, Scharge or Rev can be used at the same time as HS. This would save me from having to switch to my SCharge, or Rev keybind if those are off CD or get procced after I use devastate, so I could just mash the HS macro keybind instead.

Add BB and trinkets to Scharge. Use a modifier to cast Scharge by itself. Shield charge is probably our biggest damage multiplier, Glad revolves around stacking as much as you can inside the shield charge buff.

Any other Macros Gladiator's could consider?

Quote Originally Posted by RighteousDawn View Post
    So in response to this: What Macros/keybinds are all you Gladiators using? Right now I have all the relevant abilities bound by themselves. (Charge, SCharge, SSlam, Rev, Dev, HS.) I'm only running 3 macros and 2 of those are Def CDs.
    Macro 1 is DR/BB/DemoShout - This is actually a tanking macro, I know DemoShout does nothing for DPS I'm thinking about moving or adding BB to SCharge, and SSlam. Thoughts?

My 2 defensive Macros are just adding Health pots/Healthstones to Shield Wall and Last stand.

Macros I'm considering:
    Replace HS with a Macro that includes SCharge and Revenge. Since HS is off the GCD, Scharge or Rev can be used at the same time as HS. This would save me from having to switch to my SCharge, or Rev keybind if those are off CD or get procced after I use devastate, so I could just mash the HS macro keybind instead.

Add BB and trinkets to Scharge. Use a modifier to cast Scharge by itself. Shield charge is probably our biggest damage multiplier, Glad revolves around stacking as much as you can inside the shield charge buff.

Any other Macros Gladiator's could consider?
    I have Shield Charge (tooltip) with Bloodbath + Shield Slam, I have charge + intervene on the same macro and actually that's it. I do have a separate button for Bloodbath if needed, mostly though so that I can easily see the cooldown, I find I ignore trackers on the screen as I'm paying attention to other stuff, but I always catch the icon on my bars. Same situation with on-use trinkets, I don't have any but I'd just macro them to Shield Charge and have a separate icon to track them.

I have separate binds for everything survival wise since I use Shield Wall to prevent damage and if I wanted to use a healthstone at the same time I'd just hit the other keybind. Same thing goes for Enraged Regen + Last Stand, I do sometimes pair them but I like to keep Last Stand as an oh shit button while I often just use Enrage Regen whenever It can be used, just to save the healers. The way I see it is that it's easy to hit all of your survival cooldowns within less than half of a second even on separate keybinds once you're comfortable with them and it keeps the flexibility.

As for Potions I don't use health pots, don't even carry them with me. Just got a bind setup for my armor pots

Keybinds wise -

I have a Razer Naga, all my abilities such as Devastate, Shield Slam, Revenge, Execute, Heroic Throw, Pummel + some other stuff like Armor Pots, Taunt are all on my Keyboard. While I have Heroic Strike on the numpad 1 key on my Razer Naga. Charge, Thunder Clap, Shield Charge, All defensive cooldowns, Vigilance (Macro to tanks, back button for tank 1, shift + back button for tank 2) and pretty much everything else is also on the Naga.

The key point of this is that having Heroic Strike separate to the rest of the rotation by having it on the mouse numpad while the rest is on the keyboard means there is never any conflict between the two that could cost me dps.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-12-24 at 02:06 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Hi,
    Is gladiator Spe is still available for Highmaul pve raid?
    When i look logs,... all warriors seems to play Fury or Arms.

The only macros I currently use is having Charge also cast /Cancelaura Bladestorm. For those times I need to cancel a BS early. And one to combine Trinket with Bloodbath.

I don't need to macro Shield Charge / HS to anything because they are on mouse 4 and 5, and right on my thumb. In situations where I want to press both at the same time, I just use my thumb to hit both, at the same time..

I hotkey the rest on QERF ( Dev, SS, DRoar, Revenge ), with Bloodbath+Trinket on Shift+R.

Quote Originally Posted by Weslay972 View Post
    Hi,
    Is gladiator Spe is still available for Highmaul pve raid?
    When i look logs,... all warriors seems to play Fury or Arms.
    Yes, it's viable, if you look at logs you'll see Gladiators are killing Mythic Bosses. If you need to be top dick you should play Fury/Arms right now.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

I have 4 devastate keybinds and 3 heroic strike keybinds. I also have a logitech mouse that has an "unlockable" scroll wheel that can roll forever. When I'm underneath a shield charge I just flick my mousewheel (heroic strike). I use so many devastate keybinds because I like to split the spam between my right and left hand, and I have an additional 2 near my strafing keys for ease of mind on high movement situations.

There are a few progression glads left, we just all have private logs.

Hello fellow gladiators, i have a question about trinket comp. What would you use out of Mythic bottle, Heroic evergaze and SoK. I feel like i am doing more dps (somewhat) with SoK + one of the two, or should i just follow trinket dps list and go with mythic bottle + heroic evergaze? Thanks
    Last edited by Johnn1e; 2015-01-02 at 12:57 AM.

The trinket from imp. Since it procs to give us Armor does that still consider as bonus armor or just armor. Are those two stats pretty much the same as for glad warriors? i was curious why we would go for that trinket since it gives us armor but not bonus armor

Quote Originally Posted by ViiET View Post
    The trinket from imp. Since it procs to give us Armor does that still consider as bonus armor or just armor. Are those two stats pretty much the same as for glad warriors? i was curious why we would go for that trinket since it gives us armor but not bonus armor
    it provides bonus armor (so attackpower) although the tooltip just says "armor". im using it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chintz View Post
    it provides bonus armor (so attackpower) although the tooltip just says "armor". im using it myself.
    thank you

just wanna say how much i enjoy playing glad inside and outside of raids since wod release. playing the beta i couldnt wait to hit level 100 on live. running two prot specs, one for raids and one for fooling around a bit in arenas.
    managed some satisfying ranks (between 38 and 100) on heroic kargath, butcher, bracken, tectus and on mythic kargath. didnt down M twins yet due to not raiding much during xmas holidays. at the moment the difference to our fury warrior isnt very significant (has a tad worse gearlvl though) if he isnt bladestorming fights like tectus or so...everything depending on which boss and such.

that means the fun i have playing it and the insane survivability outweighs the dps loss for me (depending on encounter. dps loss is not gamebreaking atm in terms of "cant down that boss coz we have a glad warr"...maybe that changes in further mythic progression, but i dont hope so...always have to factor in the survivability as well). the "gear challenge" with the tanks is also no problem at all this far. we gear dps first, but if tanks state they wanna have something bad its totally ok to pass for me and wait for next time / bonus roll and if tanks have stuff the competiton on bonus armor loot is over anyways...good atmosphere.

i dont wanna defend anything or something. i know that glad doesnt scale as good with gear as for ex. fury (so it seems). going forward to blackrock foundry i just really really hope glad stays somewhat viable and i will not be forced in progression to switch spec (also for rallying cry) and make a hard gear transition. nevertheless i start to plan for a possible transition. should be doable until BF release to grab a couple of pieces w/o bonus armor. unfortunately we didnt have a lot of weapon drops at all so far, or else i already have some backup gear.

blizz doesnt read that here, but please, balance glad well. its totally ok for it not to be the top end dps spec, but staying somehow competitive because of the joy it brings playing it.

I'm struggling to see how you think Gladiator isn't competitive, on anything with 1-2 targets I am taking names. Relative to my gear level I am always at or near the top of damage, and i'm still simming ahead of Fury. It won't remain so competitive in Blackrock Foundry due to the heavy AOE elements, but for now it does fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I'm struggling to see how you think Gladiator isn't competitive, on anything with 1-2 targets I am taking names. Relative to my gear level I am always at or near the top of damage, and i'm still simming ahead of Fury. It won't remain so competitive in Blackrock Foundry due to the heavy AOE elements, but for now it does fine.
    i dont think it isnt competitive atm and i didnt say so either.

i agree with what you said, because its basically what i said just a tad shorter, heh. i just didnt want to make it sound offensive to anyone or whatnot with formulating it a bit passive as it was a pure "i enjoy glad" post.
    Last edited by Chintz; 2015-01-06 at 03:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Half the battle of being competitive as gladiator is convincing people that Protection Warriors can DPS...
    No seriously, I can't pug as gladiator because every time bonus armour loot drops half the raid argues that I'm not allowed to roll on it because bonus armour isn't a DPS stat and I don't know how to play my class.

Thank god the Christmas break is over and I can raid with the guild again! Picked up heroic butchers cleaver last night, just missing a decent shield (still running a 635 heroic warforged). I save all 3 bonus rolls for twins because all the tanks have more EPGP than me, one dropped last night so fingers crossed next week another drops and its all mine. I'll probably end up buying a blackrock bulwark if the price drops to 15k~.

I'm still trying to figure out whether or not i should invest in a stage 3 Knights badge. I don't think my guild will be killing mythic bosses anytime soonish so it's probably a good idea but according to that graph on the front page its a 400~dps increase from Normal Pols eye so would it really be worth it? Does anyone in here have the trinket and can report some numbers? I picked up Heroic Evergaze off Imperator and got a 1-2k dps increase (seriously, that trinket rocks) over my old trinket pillar of earth so the sheet seems accurate.

It's odd I barely see any gladiators anymore, since the nerf I've probably seen about 3 other gladiators in raids/dungeons. All my warrior guildies shunned away from gladiator because they thought gearing would be an issue (and it is), that paired with our APM heavy rotation has decreased our popularity it seems. I refuse to take on arms due to the horrendous rotation.
    Are you guys the only gladiator warriors left(raiding) in your guild at the moment?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Half the battle of being competitive as gladiator is convincing people that Protection Warriors can DPS...
    No seriously, I can't pug as gladiator because every time bonus armour loot drops half the raid argues that I'm not allowed to roll on it because bonus armour isn't a DPS stat and I don't know how to play my class.

Thank god the Christmas break is over and I can raid with the guild again! Picked up heroic butchers cleaver last night, just missing a decent shield (still running a 635 heroic warforged). I save all 3 bonus rolls for twins because all the tanks have more EPGP than me, one dropped last night so fingers crossed next week another drops and its all mine. I'll probably end up buying a blackrock bulwark if the price drops to 15k~.

I'm still trying to figure out whether or not i should invest in a stage 3 Knights badge. I don't think my guild will be killing mythic bosses anytime soonish so it's probably a good idea but according to that graph on the front page its a 400~dps increase from Normal Pols eye so would it really be worth it? Does anyone in here have the trinket and can report some numbers? I picked up Heroic Evergaze off Imperator and got a 1-2k dps increase (seriously, that trinket rocks) over my old trinket pillar of earth so the sheet seems accurate.

It's odd I barely see any gladiators anymore, since the nerf I've probably seen about 3 other gladiators in raids/dungeons. All my warrior guildies shunned away from gladiator because they thought gearing would be an issue (and it is), that paired with our APM heavy rotation has decreased our popularity it seems. I refuse to take on arms due to the horrendous rotation.
    Are you guys the only gladiator warriors left(raiding) in your guild at the moment?
    i bought knight's and skull trinket when highmaul opened to have something to start with. they got replaced very quickly with tectus heart and eidolon (on our first HC imp kill two eidolons dropped and one tank coined one so we all got one). so in the end it felt a bit like wasted gold, but it depends on drop luck ofc and if u dont care about the gold spent and the fact that its possible it gets replaced quickly when u raid regurarly then just go for it. as u said the numbers are on the frontpage so go figure for yourself if its "worth" it.

from our three warriors im the only one playing and staying glad. arms feels totally shitty as it is atm and i never liked fury to begin with (exclusively played arms since vanilla). also glad is totally ok to play...i outdmg the other warriors on most of the highmaul fights (note: not all!) while having insane survivability and just sheer fun playing this spec as i expressed in my above post.

ive been in a HC butcher pug to coin it around xmas and the BA haste ring dropped. i /random 100 highest on it, but raidleader gave it to a tank first. i said whats up with that and the actually the other guys in the raid explained to the leader how i need BA since i play gladiator and so on... and what i never expected happened. the tank trades me the ring and leader apologises multiple times for him not knowing about glads stat weights and such. from what one reads on these boards here that must have been the exception though. :>
    Last edited by Chintz; 2015-01-08 at 08:26 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was always the only gladiator in the guild, however I haven't seen any in pugs for quite a while (though I stopped pugging a couple of weeks after the expansion launched so only really see one random per pug when we only have four guild players interested in 5 mans). Also as we run Feral/Blood tanks I am the only main spec STR shield user in the raid team so first reserve /woot. Been quite lucky with gear too as our Fury Warrior and Frost DK both play 2H, so first reserver on STR 1h's too /woot.

Also it helps that I am still loving the spec as playing WoD Fury sucks and after 9 years of playing Arms it is dead to me now :P

What do you guys think would be good change for gladiator to be more competitive with fury/arms, and scale better with gear?

ATM I just wish that shields could be more 'useful' to us, and not just a stat stick. Maybe they could increase shield slam dmg in some way, or increase the bonus dmg shield charge gives us.

I would also like to see our mastery do something different for gladiator. Flat attack power is kinda boring.

I'm rolling gladiator and arms for the more aoe intensive fights atm, and my guild is kinda hating me for not going fury instead of arms, and they keep saying that gladiator sucks because it doesn't scale with gear as well as fury, it's quite a pain.

I got the Heroic Eidolon last night as none of the tanks were interested. In simcraft it showed over a 1000 dps loss compared to normal Tectus trinket, so I'm personally just going to stick with my current setup (Mythic Brackenspore trinket + normal Tectus). The Pols trinket dropped too and though I initially won it I gave it to the DK tank, since he was using the brackenspore trinket, probably a bit more useful to him.

As for the shield, we have 4 tanks raiding with us, 2x DK + 1 Warrior + 1 Guardian. Shield dropped again last night with me being the only Warrior and so I looted it again, this time with some leech on it. Nobody else in the raid even remotely interested. I find myself in this scenario with a lot of the heroic gear now, in our particular raid group there is just nobody to roll on it, as it has dropped so often.

@chookan - Kargath Mythic is easier than Imp Heroic, and really you can probably kill Twins Mythic too... The only issue I suppose would be numbers, if you're running with a smaller group. It's worth at least killing Kargath as then you also have access to the Mythic Trash epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I got the Heroic Eidolon last night as none of the tanks were interested. In simcraft it showed over a 1000 dps loss compared to normal Tectus trinket
    that sound strange and i sim'ed the combi of H pols + H eidolon vs. H pols + H tectus heart and for me eidolon sims around 300 dps higher so how can the normal version sim better for you? has that something to do with the other gear differences?