Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Have you tried not throwing your keyboard and mouse against the wall or slamming your fists into them?
    Dasima - Midwinter
    twitch.tv/dasimah

Quote Originally Posted by Dasima View Post
    Have you tried not throwing your keyboard and mouse against the wall or slamming your fists into them?
    Well then you wouldn't be playing a Warrior would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasima View Post
    that's how I play arms I spin in my chair for whirlwinds too. no dps loss!

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Get a Steelseries Diablo III mouse, they have the ability to repeat click while a button is held down, should help with the carpal tunnel.
    Guys, I haven't used a turbo button since I cheated my way through Vectorman on Genesis. That's pretty funny though.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumqatninja View Post
    that's how I play arms I spin in my chair for whirlwinds too. no dps loss!
    Two questions:
    - do you spin the same direction everytime?
    - how do you manage to not get sick using the extra rage for rend talent when dumping all that rage to extra whirlwinds

He spins the same direction as his character so as not to break immersion.

On a serious note, I'm one of those goofballs that has dev and hs both on the keyboard. Mine are index and pinky finger buttons though so it's not unpleasant at all... for an hour or two. And it doesn't interfere with movement. Keyboard takes a beating though. We can't all be delicate like Dasima :P

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    We can't all be delicate like Dasima :P
    I think playing rogue for Blackhand progression has caused him to become a little dainty.

Deleted
    EDIT: Wrong thrad , soz.
    Last edited by mmoc1fb1890851; 2015-03-18 at 01:48 AM.

I just don't get these issues with US, I do wonder if people are using their keybindings with it in a really ineffective way as it was quite relaxing and easy to keep up for me even for hours on end, very much like a WOTLK/MOP combination Fury playstyle.. With that said I stopped playing Gladiator because to be honest it sucks... No burst single or aoe dps, worse single target than Fury and worse sustained AOE than both Arms/Fury, worse cleave than Arms.... It's just not the best at anything at all.

Throw on top of that poor gear scaling and no Rallying Cry... Loved playing it but had to drop it, my intention was to play Fury but I ended up playing Arms for pretty much everything so far.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I just don't get these issues with US, I do wonder if people are using their keybindings with it in a really ineffective way as it was quite relaxing and easy to keep up for me even for hours on end, very much like a WOTLK/MOP combination Fury playstyle.. With that said I stopped playing Gladiator because to be honest it sucks... No burst single or aoe dps, worse single target than Fury and worse sustained AOE than both Arms/Fury, worse cleave than Arms.... It's just not the best at anything at all.

Throw on top of that poor gear scaling and no Rallying Cry... Loved playing it but had to drop it, my intention was to play Fury but I ended up playing Arms for pretty much everything so far.
    Everyone is different, but most people have an issue with 100 APM, that is very high on the spectrum, and isn't even close to ICC or MoP Fury. MoP Fury's average APM was the highest in the game at the time, and it was only ~75.

The only way to mitigate it, without heavy macros, autohotkey or the like is to use your mouse wheel for HS, but many players (myself included) hate using the mouse wheel for abilities, making it a partial bandaid at best.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    No burst single or aoe dps, worse single target than Fury and worse sustained AOE than both Arms/Fury, worse cleave than Arms.... It's just not the best at anything at all.
    Staying alive, lol.

I'm probably going to end up giving fury a try, as I have two 685 weapons and a mythic ring, need to get non BA neck/cloak though and wait until it starts out simming my gladiator DPS though as no point switching to a harder to play spec if I don't get a reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Everyone is different, but most people have an issue with 100 APM, that is very high on the spectrum, and isn't even close to ICC or MoP Fury. MoP Fury's average APM was the highest in the game at the time, and it was only ~75.

The only way to mitigate it, without heavy macros, autohotkey or the like is to use your mouse wheel for HS, but many players (myself included) hate using the mouse wheel for abilities, making it a partial bandaid at best.
    I have my keybindings on my keyboard for all my main abilities, and the 1-2 keypad buttons on my Naga were used for Heroic Strike and Cleave, meaning it was always completely separate, very easy to manage without either hand working particularly hard. I still use the mousewheel for camera zoom, though I use Shift + MW for other stuff.

Prior to getting a Naga in 2009 I had the same concept only that I clicked Heroic Strike/Cleave, wasn't very elegant but it did the job.. Fury back then was equally as spammy in terms of Heroic Strike, running keybinds on my keyboard for both my main abilities and the Off-GCD HS/Cleave seemed really inefficient or difficult for me. Before I had even hit max level in TBC I had decided to leave those abilities on the mouse click, having them positioned in a way that made it very easy.

But naturally I felt the limitations and was looking for a mouse with extra buttons (I had a 2click + wheel optical microsoft mouse) and I saw the Naga had just come on sale. I've done it this way ever since and so when Gladiator + US came in WOD it was like as I've said before WOTLK Fury + MOP Fury

Shield Charge = Similar concept to CS - With a pool and burst style.... to some degree.
    Heroic Strike spam = Just as in in WOTLK Fury.

Sure the rest of the spec is even more spammy but the basic concepts are similar, I was getting 100apm on Butcher/Brackenspore but I was personally not finding it an issue, the only reason I stopped playing Gladiator was because it did less dps than the other specs.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I hope it receives a buff soon. It's scaling is a joke. I hate how people cried they were being out dpsed by a tank at the start of WoD. All those posts about it being a competitive dps spec.

I have my keybindings on my keyboard for all my main abilities, and the 1-2 keypad buttons on my Naga were used for Heroic Strike and Cleave, meaning it was always completely separate, very easy to manage without either hand working particularly hard. I still use the mousewheel for camera zoom, though I use Shift + MW for other stuff.

Prior to getting a Naga in 2009 I had the same concept only that I clicked Heroic Strike/Cleave, wasn't very elegant but it did the job.. Fury back then was equally as spammy in terms of Heroic Strike, running keybinds on my keyboard for both my main abilities and the Off-GCD HS/Cleave seemed really inefficient or difficult for me. Before I had even hit max level in TBC I had decided to leave those abilities on the mouse click, having them positioned in a way that made it very easy.

But naturally I felt the limitations and was looking for a mouse with extra buttons (I had a 2click + wheel optical microsoft mouse) and I saw the Naga had just come on sale. I've done it this way ever since and so when Gladiator + US came in WOD it was like as I've said before WOTLK Fury + MOP Fury

Shield Charge = Similar concept to CS - With a pool and burst style.... to some degree.
    Heroic Strike spam = Just as in in WOTLK Fury.

Sure the rest of the spec is even more spammy but the basic concepts are similar, I was getting 100apm on Butcher/Brackenspore but I was personally not finding it an issue, the only reason I stopped playing Gladiator was because it did less dps than the other specs.
    I use a naga too but that is still different for each person. Consider too that while spamming that button on your naga (assume you are using your thumb) means you have <1s to hit any other button on your naga before you go back to pressing it.

Like I said, everyone is different, some people don't have trouble with it. I can play it perfectly fine using only the keyboard for my abilities and Naga for cooldowns, which is my normal set up. The issue for me is that it is just plain tiring. It is a lot of spam. The worst part about it is that you never get a break, ever.

ICC Fury spammed Heroic Strike as well, but not nearly to the same degree, and yes Shield Charge is basically a copy of Colossus Smash, but the flow of the rotation is much different. I'd say the specs resemble each other, but calling them the same is a stretch to say the least.

I went Glad for my guild's first orgoreger kill. Fury rng was driving me mad. I liked it a lot more during the box phase, having a majority of abilities be free seemed nicer in that phase, I think I was second total damage to the boxes, we also use a strat where melee has to hold dps in that phase for the range boxes. During the p1 parts I was anywhere between 40-50k depending on procs. Rolling phases brought it to around 32-33k avg. I'm sure Fury is much stronger but it definitely didn't feel like it was "non-viable". I was 7th overall, behind 2 hunters, a mage, ele sham, warlock, and a shadow priest (all range, it looks like the 1st roll phase is what kept them above me). I was the highest melee dps above a palladin, dk, and rogue. I don't think Glad deserves as bad of a rap as it has gotten, it's no Fury or Arms Execute, but it can still put up good numbers. Looks like Grull may be next for us so I will have to be 3rd tank, that would be the one fight I actually want to do as Fury.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

US gameplay is one of my favorite rotations for warriors throughout the span of the game. It's up there with Cata Arms and MoP Fury. The way I have my keybinds it feels almost like a drumbeat.

You think Gladiator is still viable? The encounters in Blackrock Foundry create a lot of room for padding the meters which skew warcraft logs but I am doing really well with Gladiator.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pLMbNjgxd7WKcznk

Anyone still play it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ularius View Post
    You think Gladiator is still viable? The encounters in Blackrock Foundry create a lot of room for padding the meters which skew warcraft logs but I am doing really well with Gladiator.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pLMbNjgxd7WKcznk

Anyone still play it?
    Its nice to still see a couple of us in late Heroic Kills. You got me by 4k dps on Blast Furnace. I find myself playing Glad on every boss except Beastlord currently.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ularius View Post
    TBH I think the only thing Glad is terrible at is padding meters because we can't get ravager lol.

Quick question, I see no executes in your log, are you just ignoring it and sticking with HS/Deva in that phase?

I believe most Glad's are ignoring Executes as it is barely an increase not to mention if there is more than 1 target then it is completely a decrease to execute instead of heroic strike.

Ya, I'm not using execute at all. I need to look at the math to see if its even viable, but from what I've read its risky to use, as you have a greater chance to reduce your damage output.