Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    can someone with the time make a list with each piece and the boss it drops off of?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    I wouldn't go for worldbreakers as it stands, because Horn and Plume do quite a bit more damage.
    Does this change at all with the nerf to horn?

I just realized that we're actually giving up on Bonus Armor Ring/Neck/Cloak once we're at BIS Gear levels. Which is something I actually asked for, because taking tank gear was such a pain in the ass.
    What do you find painful about it? I always thought it was a blessing because you only have 1-2 tanks to compete against for those slots whereas you can have 2-3 times as many STR DPS competing on an item with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumqatninja View Post
    can someone with the time make a list with each piece and the boss it drops off of?
    Sure man ( i already had it for myself )

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

@Caervek

I actually ranted about this a while back on my blog. Basically RL's are going to gear tanks first in priority. And yes extra bonus armor gear after them might be easy to obtain, but that to me in an obstacle for getting us in for Today's Mythic Race ( which is my ideal ). I think us using pure dps gear makes it easier to distribute, and especially nice if you need to use a different spec for a specific fight ( arms on countil, reckstorm on kormrok etc ). Yes, Bonus Armor being a dps stat is COOL, I won't lie, but it's not helping our chances for getting in for a Mythic World First or anything like that. Hope that makes sense.

*EDIT* Looking like it's a BUG
    Last edited by Cyclonus-WOW; 2015-07-01 at 09:37 PM.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Thanks man! Even better than what I wanted actually.
    Last edited by Kumqatninja; 2015-07-01 at 09:07 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    @Caervek

I actually ranted about this a while back on my blog. Basically RL's are going to gear tanks first in priority. And yes extra bonus armor gear after them might be easy to obtain, but that to me in an obstacle for getting us in for Today's Mythic Race ( which is my ideal ). I think us using pure dps gear makes it easier to distribute, and especially nice if you need to use a different spec for a specific fight ( arms on countil, reckstorm on kormrok etc ). Yes, Bonus Armor being a dps stat is COOL, I won't lie, but it's not helping our chances for getting in for a Mythic World First or anything like that. Hope that makes sense.
    I see, that does make sense to me, however I still prefer it because being guaranteed 2nd/3rd in line for those slots seems to be working better for me than having to compete with other plate DPS on other slots is.

-----------------------

Random one here, does anyone know how I get simcraft to use fel fish things instead of normal food? They seem to be working better for me on target dummies and ST bosses but I want to check it's not just RNG in my testing.

*EDIT*

Got it working, only the latest nightly builds support frenzies, the official/latest doesn't.

For me Felmouth Frenzy is 438 DPS more than Pickled Eel and 596 DPS more than Savage Feast (on ST ofc).
    Last edited by caervek; 2015-07-03 at 08:28 AM.

Do you think I should switch out my 4set heroic t17 for 2set heroic t18 (keeping 2set t17)?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehar View Post
    Do you think I should switch out my 4set heroic t17 for 2set heroic t18 (keeping 2set t17)?
    That's what I did, saw quite a DPS increase on heroic bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Clonehar View Post
    t17 set bonuses suck compared to t18. use t18

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    t17 set bonuses suck compared to t18. use t18
    I wouldn't say that, but unlike Fury, Gladiator's 2-piece T17 can synergize with anything because it functions as a standalone bonus.

Alright, bonus armor is best, and all is right in the world. Top Gearset for 730:

Code:
    head=faceguard_of_iron_wrath,id=124334,bonus_id=567
    neck=world_enders_gorget,id=124222,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
    shoulders=doomcriers_shoulderplates,id=124343,bonus_id=567
    back=void_lords_wizened_cloak,id=124147,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
    chest=breastplate_of_iron_wrath,id=124319,bonus_id=567
    wrists=wristplate_of_the_wretched,id=124352,bonus_id=567
    hands=gauntlets_of_iron_wrath,id=124329,bonus_id=567
    waist=annihilans_waistplate,id=124349,bonus_id=567
    legs=legplates_of_iron_wrath,id=124340,bonus_id=567
    feet=treads_of_the_defiler,id=124322,bonus_id=567
    finger1=thorasus_the_stone_heart_of_draenor,id=124634,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
    finger2=mannoroths_calcified_eye,id=124204,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
    trinket1=anzus_cursed_plume,id=124241,bonus_id=567
    trinket2=empty_drinking_horn,id=124238,bonus_id=567
    main_hand=fiendsbreath_warmace,id=124374,bonus_id=567,enchant=mark_of_the_thunderlord
    off_hand=fallen_defender_of_argus,id=124355,bonus_id=567

Stat Weights for the above set
    Wdps ~= Str > AP ~= BonusArmor > Haste to 13% buffed > Crit > Mult > Vers > Mastery > Haste

And then for the transition between T17 / T18 you can basically follow this priority until you have Mythic HFC Gear, T18 and both trinkets ( anzu and horn )
    Wdps > Str > AP ~= BonusArmor > Haste to 13% buffed > Crit > Mult ~> Mastery > Vers > Haste
    Last edited by Cyclonus-WOW; 2015-07-06 at 09:02 PM.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Alright, bonus armor is best, and all is right in the world. Top Gearset for 730:

Code:
    head=faceguard_of_iron_wrath,id=124334,bonus_id=567
    neck=world_enders_gorget,id=124222,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
    shoulders=doomcriers_shoulderplates,id=124343,bonus_id=567
    back=void_lords_wizened_cloak,id=124147,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
    chest=breastplate_of_iron_wrath,id=124319,bonus_id=567
    wrists=wristplate_of_the_wretched,id=124352,bonus_id=567
    hands=gauntlets_of_iron_wrath,id=124329,bonus_id=567
    waist=annihilans_waistplate,id=124349,bonus_id=567
    legs=legplates_of_iron_wrath,id=124340,bonus_id=567
    feet=treads_of_the_defiler,id=124322,bonus_id=567
    finger1=thorasus_the_stone_heart_of_draenor,id=124634,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
    finger2=mannoroths_calcified_eye,id=124204,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
    trinket1=anzus_cursed_plume,id=124241,bonus_id=567
    trinket2=empty_drinking_horn,id=124238,bonus_id=567
    main_hand=fiendsbreath_warmace,id=124374,bonus_id=567,enchant=mark_of_the_thunderlord
    off_hand=fallen_defender_of_argus,id=124355,bonus_id=567

Stat Weights for the above set
    Wdps ~= Str > AP ~= BonusArmor > Haste to 13% buffed > Crit > Mult > Vers > Mastery > Haste

And then for the transition between T17 / T18 you can basically follow this priority until you have Mythic HFC Gear, T18 and both trinkets ( anzu and horn )
    Wdps > Str > AP ~= BonusArmor > Haste to 13% buffed > Crit > Mult ~> Mastery > Vers > Haste

is there any diferente if i focus mastery than m.strike until i get 730 gear ? no problem ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmterio View Post
    is there any difference if i focus mastery than m.strike until i get 730 gear ? no problem ?
    Well, no one is gonna come spank you or anything,

More seriously, I don't think the difference will be very important. If you can get Multi go for it, if not, well so be it.
    Personally, since most of my gear is used for Prot, I can't afford to put Multi over Mastery (I'm going for Crit/Mastery atm). IMO, it's no big deal, since the weight for those 2 stats are so close. Would it even be noticed? Pretty sure not. A more "numerical" confirmation would still be nice, though.

The ~> means basically similar in value. Just multi over mastery if you had the choice somehow.
    So they're both great, but a ways behind crit.

That specific stat are in the askmrrobot profile:
    MainHandDps 1.03
    Strength 1.00
    AttackPower 0.96
    BonusArmor 0.96
    Haste < 13% 0.90
    CriticalStrike 0.73
    Multistrike 0.62
    Mastery 0.61
    Versatility 0.56
    Haste 13% + 0.49
    Last edited by Cyclonus-WOW; 2015-07-08 at 06:07 PM.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

I've been fiddling around with Gladiator again, running empty drinking horn (socketed with 75 mastery) + crit gorefiend trinket, Have the 4 set but gear is not the best as I'm still using my Highmaul HC 670 shield (the last time I played Glad/Prot was in Highmaul) and one ring without bonus armor. The stat weights I get are nothing remotely close to lining up with what people are posting about.

http://gyazo.com/fd20e65596a5784c56b7d0a6aa81bd81

I have two pieces I need to enchant (neck/cloak), enchanting with mastery as the stats suggest gives the best results in SC.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-07-18 at 04:01 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    From what I have seen from sims, 13% haste cap seems to be best until 4p after which 9% haste cap sims better, that is all using the default sim profile though which actually presses execute lol.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    From what I have seen from sims, 13% haste cap seems to be best until 4p after which 9% haste cap sims better, that is all using the default sim profile though which actually presses execute lol.
    Anytime you're near a haste cap you're going to see the stat weights change, greatly favoring haste before the cap, and then it drops to last right after. Building up again once you're near the next one. The BIS list is the best possible numbers I was able to sim and it would be impossible to provide a bunch of lists for lower gear levels with all of the consideriations for set bonuses/etc which skew things.

13% buffed is attainable in most gear configurations so I recommend it.

Another thing people seem to be missing is the fact that the Stat Weights favoring multi/crit > mastery are for a 730 mythic gladiator. Stat weights change at lower ilvl and the trinkets you're wearing can skew it as well. I was seeing the drinking horn favoring crit/multi > mastery, whereas the worldbreaker trinket favors mastery > crit/multi.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, after this nerf to arms, i will stay as gladiator, much better!

Witch one is better ?

2p T17 and 2p T18

or

4p T17 ?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    2p t17 + 2p t18

both 4p t17 and 2p t18 synergise well with 2p t17 but the dps increase from 2p t18 is better than 4p t17 (you lose the +20% damage to three abilities ~60% of the time, but gain +12% damage to all abilities ~80% of the time).

Is Gladiator a viable DPS spec or is it better to go for fury? Also, I go back and forth between Prot and DPS, should I gem mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by traumabrew View Post
    Is Gladiator a viable DPS spec or is it better to go for fury? Also, I go back and forth between Prot and DPS, should I gem mastery?
    Gladiator is viable and does strong dps on almost every fight, but in most of the fights either Arms or Fury will be stronger.. Even when they are not Gladiator is usually not preffered for progression because it does not have any execute dps and does not bring rallying cry, 2 of the main reasons to take a Warrior in the first place. You can gem/enchant either Mastery or Crit and be fine as either Prot or any of the DPS specs, I'm personally all Mastery with a Arms/Prot (Glad) as my current two specs.

If we look at current fights at a HC level then it looks like this

Hellfire Assault = Fury >Arms/Glad
    Iron Reaver = Fury/Arms > Glad
    Kormrok = Fury > Arms/Glad
    High Council = Arms > Glad > Fury
    Kilrog Deadeye = Arms > Fury > Glad
    Gorefiend = All 3 unless you get the boss die within 2nd feast with Bloodlust up. If that happens Arms/Fury > Glad
    Socrethar = Arms > Glad > Fury
    Tyrant Velhari = Arms > Glad > Fury
    Iskar = Arms > Fury => Glad
    Xhul'horac = Arms/Fury > Glad
    Fel Lord Zakuun = All 3 are about equal - But Arms/Fury preffered since the end is about burning fast and Execute wins
    Mannoroth = Glad > Fury / Arms - But again due to a burn phase it's better to play Arms or Fury for execute.
    Archimonde = Arms > Glad > Fury - But again due to burn phase at the end it's better to be Arms or Fury.

If it's just farm content and you wanna see nice numbers, Gladiator can do that.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-08-01 at 02:16 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4