Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    i was kinda thinking, after seeing the Highmaul loottable : wtf why do i play disci priest???
    every armor piece aside from 3(??) pieces have no crit , but multistrike and/or haste/mastery.

Sure mastery/multi is kinda nice, but a disci with a low crit rating... i dont know.

What do you guys think?

I'm going to be hopping between all 3 I expect. Neither disc nor holy are really appropriate for questing / soloing / dailys etc, so (I, personally) need shadow for that, but many fights will favor disc or holy, meaning it's gonna be necessary to swap between frequently.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yeah, both specs are nice and viable, but Holy is so much more fun to play. Disc feels like a BC spec with its lack of procs/spell synergies, but I suppose it is fun to play around with Spirit Shell and CoW, making a challenge out of trying to get 400k total absorbs on the tank. :P

I don't think cow is fun since it can't be used with other spells. It's mainly its own secluded thing to be spammed on 1 or max 2 persons, maybe with a minor synergy with pw:s or partial archangel.

But, I still like disc because it can generally preshield.

Deleted
    Yeah, like my priest always was. In MoP I favored Holy, but used disc on fights where it was clearly very beneficial, which was probably half of the fights at the very least.

Will probably still be Holy as MS, but gladly go disc too depending on the fight. No shadow for me, yuck.

Deleted
    I will start MS Holy, OS Shadow. Been playing Disc all MoP so Holy is currently a welcome change.

When we start Mythic I'll see what's best and might go Holy/Disc to switch based on the fight.

Deleted
    A warning to you all. If you saw holy in heroics only, you may not see the big picture. In challenge mode, it is viable, but if it's not "your favorite spec", it might be best to not use it.

I think the holy skillcap is higher than discs, but both remain viable. To keep renews up on people requires thinking ahead on what your are going to cast and how you spend your GCDs. And binding heal seems to be pretty buggy/RNG is a dick at time.
    Conversely, disc needs a bit of foresight to see when damage is coming, but DBM or Bigwigs does most of the work for you. Just take the timer, pretend when the timer hits 15s its really 0, then start spamming bubbles.

Deleted
    I don't think disc is easy to predict. In most fights you may have dbm or whatever addon, but you still have no way of knowing if you can truly shut up healing and really wait. One of the hardest lessons I'm getting in some fights is to just stop healing to conserve mana in some cases, and that's not just a "if you don't see the addon warning you, don't heal" thing since it can not be applied always that simply.

Currently disc main / holy OS.I will go disc probably all the way , since my guild already has 2 holy ( alongside with shammy and pally heals ).Even if some fights will not favor disc , it will still be viable for the tank healing,and honestly shields are great anytime ( just need to keep a close eye on timers ).I think disc will work just fine in raid , especially in a composition where you have a resto shammy / holy priest / resto druid who can deal easily with the aoe heals.

It will depend on raid/pvp performance, and balance passes. Right now I'm rolling with Holy and it's more than good enough for 5 mans and BGs. We will see how it stacks up in raid later on.

Deleted
    I wouldn't care if I have another disc. Or at least if I don't have more than 3. This is because we will now spam cow on a tank instead of pw:s, which does not clash, and the debuf clash will be of less importance.

Also, it's not SoO anymore that we could just "lol shield everything".

It can oom.

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    I wouldn't care if I have another disc. Or at least if I don't have more than 3. This is because we will now spam cow on a tank instead of pw:s, which does not clash, and the debuf clash will be of less importance.

Also, it's not SoO anymore that we could just "lol shield everything".

It can oom.
    Tell me this after you actually try raiding with two other disc priests and I might believe you.

I got annoyed because there was anothe disc priest in my 40-man battleground today. Weakened soul is, actually, that limiting. "Sorry, Pennance is on CD and you have WS ... Nothing I can do because I can't afford the mana to Flash Heal and you're going to die before I finish casting moo. I mean cow. Yeah, CoW."

Why is it okay for disc to be the niche healer who are totally OP at their niche but suck at every other aspect of the role, again, if it's not okay for all of the other healers to be that way?

Deleted
    3 might have been an exaggeration on 20 or less. But 2 might be fine. Maybe 3 if it's 30man.

My other disc is not that "pw:s spammy" and in general I think one can agree to spam cow more than the other or something.

I think to rephrase what most mean when they say 'only one disc' is 'only one disc who spams pws' <3

Like I said, I think both are fun and have their niche - it really comes down to 1. what your raid needs 2. what you enjoy 3. what you are more comfortable with

Wishing you all the best of luck on the first night of real raids, holy disc or shadow!

sig by Shyama

Deleted
    Having both specs allows me to change depending the fight and be more dynamic within my team. Also, it stops people asking me to play dps, ever. Win, tbh!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    No shadow for me, yuck.
    That's all. I will have two MS: Disci and Holy, cause in my guild im the only Priest who wants to heal, so i will play both speks ofc, forever and ever!

For anyone who is interested, I've been swapping between holy and shadow so much, with disc as my primary spec, that I've actually found a way to set up all my bars so that I never have to change my actionbars when I change specialization.

Basically, it involves making every ability which isn't baseline to all 3 specs into a macro, and then setting up your first main actionbar as one spec and your second main actionbar as the other spec, and then using the [bar:2] macro conditional for any abilities which arent on the main actionbars. Eg:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [bar:2,@targettarget,exists,harm] Holy Fire; [bar:2] Holy Fire; [@mouseover,exists] Shadow Word: Death; Shadow Word: Death
    So this is a combination of my Holy Fire macro and my SWD macro, so that when I have the 2nd main action bar up (which is my holy bar) then my shift+2 keybind on the bottom left action bar, which is usually SWD, will become Holy Fire. I do the same for several other keybinds, such as one which switches between Vamp Embrace and Divine Hymn in the exact same manner.

Essentially this lets me change specs in a few seconds, and all I have to set up is my talents and glyphs, which get reset each time.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    For anyone who is interested, I've been swapping between holy and shadow so much, with disc as my primary spec, that I've actually found a way to set up all my bars so that I never have to change my actionbars when I change specialization.
    For lazier people like me, there's also Action Bar Saver for that.

Deleted
    Honestly, blizzard should let us be able to run around with three speccs

I've been holy mostly since vanilla and absolutely love the specc. I took a break during cata and came back to the hell of chakra, so ended up spending a lot of time as disc in mop (did 10man and 2healed with a druid, so there wasn't really any other option heh).
    Seems to me that holy is back in a good place, with a healing style that resembles that of wotlk (and somewhat tbc). I yet have to find a raiding guild, but I'm quite sure I'd stay holy/shadow - simply because I remember how tedious it was to do stuff on my own before dual specc. If a specific fight would require disc, however, I'd probably remove my shadowspecc for that specific one. I'll have to admit that I do miss shields a bit As holy, I've been forced to do mostly single target healing because I've been in raids with druids and mistweavers and they tend to just pump out aoe healing - I guess they're hoping that'll be enough for the really low health targets (which it's barely ever been - although wod seems to be a bit more forgiving). Won't look too good on the meter, but hey, I'd rather be the lowest and having saved all the scrubs standing in fire