Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Feral or Boomkin for end game raiding??

I'm having a tough time choosing between the two. I know most will say why not both, but I don't really have much time to play these days and feel like i won't have the time to gear both specs fully for a while. I really dont PvP at all, and have been playing boomkin while levelling, but am not sure if its gonna be viable versus feral which seems to be pretty strong atm. Is this due to all the DPS info coming from 5 man dungeons right now? Or are both pretty viable in longer lasting boss fights / 10-25 man raids?

Boomkin, easy rotaton, better scaling, better endgame dmg

Deleted
    ^ totally wrong.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Play the one you enjoy the most...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Do you realise that you speak of game balance which flips and changes on a whim from patch to patch from hotfix to hotfix? Not to mention that endgame is far away, we can't even imagine what kind of fights, class balance, gear etc will be available there. This is how this game works, the only solution is to pick whatever spec and role you enjoy playing the most and master it to perfection. This is going to be easy in your case because you speak of whole the different worlds - melee and ranged dps. This is not even apples and oranges, this is apples and chairs. I dont know a single person that would really master both ranged and melee, people always are either "ranged mindset" or "melee mindset".

I would argue that the current state of feral is easier to play than balance.

That being said play what you want both of their DPS potential is very close, one is melee, one is ranged.

2 or less targets feral is better if you stay on the boss all fight. I think at 3 or more boomkin is better because of multidoting. At least according to the simulation I did.

I main Feral and Ill even say that overall Boomkin is better. Single Target Feral and Boomkin are pretty close but Boomies have way more AOE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by liftmore227 View Post
    I'm having a tough time choosing between the two. I know most will say why not both, but I don't really have much time to play these days and feel like i won't have the time to gear both specs fully for a while. I really dont PvP at all, and have been playing boomkin while levelling, but am not sure if its gonna be viable versus feral which seems to be pretty strong atm. Is this due to all the DPS info coming from 5 man dungeons right now? Or are both pretty viable in longer lasting boss fights / 10-25 man raids?
    I've played druid since vanilla now, I wouldn't dare tell you what to play, only that both are completely viable specs though I personally dislike owls.

Play what you enjoy knowing that you are safe either way.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

If you like ranged play Boomkin. If you like Melee Play Feral. If you think you can perform well and want to swap depending on the encounter-play both.

Moonkin.

Ferals are inferior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post
    Play the one you enjoy the most...
    This. If you are actually playing at a level where it matters, the question wouldn't be between two druid specs, but between all dps specs in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    I would argue that the current state of feral is easier to play than balance.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you clearly don't know shit about feral then.

As people are saying, play what you prefer. Chances are balance will see a nerf in one way or another. Feral is known to scale well as the expansion goes on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play what you enjoy, not what sims better.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoms View Post
    ^ totally wrong.
    Could you tell us what he's wrong about? Because Boomkin has easier rotation, better scaling and much better aoe. With Mythic level gear, Boomkin goes past Feral even in Patchwerk fights. Only utility Feral really brings is off-healing but that's about it. Boomkin is ranged dps and undisputed king of aoe.

You can bring both to raid, but I don't see any reason to bring Feral over Boomkin.
    Last edited by mmocfaed50bdb6; 2014-12-23 at 02:01 AM.

Boomkin's are currently performing better than Feral but feral is doing just fine, My guild is up to Mythic Kar'Gath and as feral i'm currently the top melee.

That being said Ferals do have weak AOE overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrad View Post
    Boomkin's are currently performing better than Feral but feral is doing just fine, My guild is up to Mythic Kar'Gath and as feral i'm currently the top melee.

That being said Ferals do have weak AOE overall.
    Top melee, you mean you dont raid with WW or rogues? o.O
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moudai View Post
    Could you tell us what he's wrong about? Because Boomkin has easier rotation, better scaling and much better aoe. With Mythic level gear, Boomkin goes past Feral even in Patchwerk fights. Only utility Feral really brings is off-healing but that's about it. Boomkin is ranged dps and undisputed king of aoe.

You can bring both to raid, but I don't see any reason to bring Feral over Boomkin.
    Enhance shamans would like a word...
    Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    This whole "leak" is so far off anything logical it just doens't hold water on any level of it.
    Said about WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereuslol View Post
    spread those mobs out more than 5yards apart and enhance does 0 dps. Take mythic spore shooters for example.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereuslol View Post
    What's the word? I've never had an enhancement shaman beat me in aoe, or in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.