Main dilemma - anyone else?

So, I was planning in maining Shadow Priest for raiding this expansion..only to gear up in heroics/CMs and find that the aoe is terrible and it's really slow and clunky...so I tried out my #2 plan - Boomkin..and absolutely hate the new rotation/changes. So, I went to my lock..leveled him up only to find I don't really love any of the 3 specs...and now the only interest of the toons I have is elemental and he's 90 and I don't have the time to lvl up and gear prior to raid start night on tuesday. Anyone else having a similar issue? I'm so discouraged...

10+ Year Old Account
    My pet is squishy on my Hunter, my Druid is only a beast while in Guardian spec, and I'm not really enjoying my alts as much as I did. I think they need to add some new spells to classes or give back some of the ones they pruned away.

I'm still bouncing between leveling my DK or Monk next.

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    and now the only interest of the toons I have is elemental
    Shaman? I don't suggest it, it's not in a very good place right now either. Low dps, virtually no mobility, extremely poor utility, etc.

I'm wondering if casters in general are just not performing well right now? Seems like the recommended classes to go with are are all physical DPS.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Shaman? I don't suggest it, it's not in a very good place right now either. Low dps, virtually no mobility, extremely poor utility, etc.

I'm wondering if casters in general are just not performing well right now? Seems like the recommended classes to go with are are all physical DPS.
    elemental just got a huge buff the other day and is now one of the top casters on the charts. but ya, i think i'm just having a very difficult time adjusting to the class changes..they pretty much poop'd on every spec i loved in mop and now i feel like i don't have anything i look forward to playing anymore

Yep.
    Hunter - hit 100, rotation is dull.
    Druid - Hit 100. Feral is great DPS but I feel like it's mandatory to heal (especially for bloodtalons). Plus I tried to get get 4/5 combo and would always be a half second too short. Didn't like Moonkin and neither did I enjoy Resto.
    Priest - Leveling her up right now, 1-100 ew! But I don't mind it, I do agree the AoE is shit. Healing isn't bad, I do enjoy both healing specs. I'll have to see how I enjoy her at max. Currently level 96.

elemental just got a huge buff the other day and is now one of the top casters on the charts.
    Eh, it was a buff, I wouldn't call it huge. I realize you said top "casters", which isn't saying much since I've heard locks and mages have their own set of issues. Any hunter/ret/feral/dk can kill something in less than half the time I can and more effortlessly put out thousands more dps.

I tend to favor hybrids and am leveling my paladin and druid right now and they still make my level 100 shaman look like a joke and they're only level 92.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

So, I was planning in maining Shadow Priest for raiding this expansion..only to gear up in heroics/CMs and find that the aoe is terrible and it's really slow and clunky...so I tried out my #2 plan - Boomkin..and absolutely hate the new rotation/changes. So, I went to my lock..leveled him up only to find I don't really love any of the 3 specs...and now the only interest of the toons I have is elemental and he's 90 and I don't have the time to lvl up and gear prior to raid start night on tuesday. Anyone else having a similar issue? I'm so discouraged...
    If shadow felt slow and clunky to you, definitely do not go with elemental. Elemental may have just gotten buffs to it's damage, but mechanically it is in a very bad spot right now. No mobility, very slow aoe ramp up, and healing was castrated.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogie423 View Post
    If shadow felt slow and clunky to you, definitely do not go with elemental. Elemental may have just gotten buffs to it's damage, but mechanically it is in a very bad spot right now. No mobility, very slow aoe ramp up, and healing was castrated.
    I actually leveled a priest and a shaman. I'll second this, sort of. If you didn't like Shadow, you probably won't like Ele. They're both in a decent place for damage output, but Shaman has surprisingly low mobility. Like if you have to move, at all, you're going to take a larger damage hit than you'd expect. That's my only complaint about Ele atm. Healingwise, for 5-mans at lease, Resto shaman seems to be in a much better place than priest. My experience with priest healing is actually what made me switch to the shaman, and I don't regret switching to the shaman.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    i main a windwalker monk, find them wicked atm.