Idea: Unlimited Minor Glyphs

This would be completely and totally awesome. It gives the opportunity to make a crazy amount of minor glyphs that make slight changes to a class. Hell, maybe the'd have to rename glyphs again: call our Minor glyphs Lesser, and have a set of Minor glyphs for each class that are basically toggleable abilities that don't have any effect on damage capabilities. For example:

You could have a new Lesser glyph for Mages that makes your polymorph transform creatures into any of your other unlocked forms, at random. Then, all the forms would be minor glyphs, which you could toggle on and off to create your own set of random polymorph options.

You could add some flashy effects to different classes. For example, glyphs for Death Knights that simply change the weapon effects of your runes. Or a glyph for druids that lets you pick the color of your forms regardless of hair/skin color. I mean, hell, we need more glyphs that change the effects of abilities anyway. Imagine having a shaman with four fire totems, with effects equivalent to their air/water/earth counterparts. That would be fucking epic. And people being able to craft that? Even more awesome. Hell, they could reskin entire classes that way. Blue light for night elf priests, add a glyph that changes it to yellow (and one to change it to blue for the ones that use yellow light)

HELL. Some glyphs could be RACIAL! Blue-eyed Blood Elves, anyone? Undead glowing eyes, or reskinning undead Holy Priests as healing with shadow? They could really go all-out with this. Alternate casting animations, like using any 1h-weapon with a wand animation for a directed cast spell. I would *LOVE* that on my paladin. They don't even need to animate anything, for that one in particular.

I just. Want more. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    This would be completely and totally awesome. It gives the opportunity to make a crazy amount of minor glyphs that make slight changes to a class. Hell, maybe the'd have to rename glyphs again: call our Minor glyphs Lesser, and have a set of Minor glyphs for each class that are basically toggleable abilities that don't have any effect on damage capabilities. For example:

You could have a new Lesser glyph for Mages that makes your polymorph transform creatures into any of your other unlocked forms, at random. Then, all the forms would be minor glyphs, which you could toggle on and off to create your own set of random polymorph options.

You could add some flashy effects to different classes. For example, glyphs for Death Knights that simply change the weapon effects of your runes. Or a glyph for druids that lets you pick the color of your forms regardless of hair/skin color. I mean, hell, we need more glyphs that change the effects of abilities anyway. Imagine having a shaman with four fire totems, with effects equivalent to their air/water/earth counterparts. That would be fucking epic. And people being able to craft that? Even more awesome. Hell, they could reskin entire classes that way. Blue light for night elf priests, add a glyph that changes it to yellow (and one to change it to blue for the ones that use yellow light)

HELL. Some glyphs could be RACIAL! Blue-eyed Blood Elves, anyone? Undead glowing eyes, or reskinning undead Holy Priests as healing with shadow? They could really go all-out with this. Alternate casting animations, like using any 1h-weapon with a wand animation for a directed cast spell. I would *LOVE* that on my paladin. They don't even need to animate anything, for that one in particular.

I just. Want more. -.-
    Sounds fun. I would also like non-inscription glyphs too. for example, my paladin engineer could make a glyph that replaces his guardian of ancient kings with a blood animus (horde) or one of those new draenei robots (alliance)