which class has the better toolkit to help teammates?

Besides Paladins, which classes have the a good toolkit to help out team mates out if they're in trouble? Opinions, pros and cons if you guys could?

Deleted
    Enhancement shamans. They bring great utility with their totems (e.g. Tremor totem), a nice CC (hex) and good off-healing!

Deleted
    Nowadays every class has a good array of abilities that can help you peel/help your teammates so you no longer see huge differences between classes.

Exceptionable examples would be boomkins (which have 2 spammable CC, one of which cannot be dispelled by normal means + slows + strong heals) and warlocks (demonic gateway is still great, healthstones are huge, and fear is always effective on helping teammates to gain distance/LoS their attackers). Hunters are also great with sacrifice/freedom/slows. Notice that this in no way indicates that the classes are strong/weak in PvP, they simply have a big array of tools that are very helpful in team settings.

As for melees it becomes much harder, but if played well, rogues are extremely effective in shutting down a nuke/train in their teammates, especially considering they have cooldowns that give them brief immunity which is very helpful in emergency situations. Another class would be feral due having the same toolkit as boomkins.

Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    Nowadays every class has a good array of abilities that can help you peel/help your teammates so you no longer see huge differences between classes.

Exceptionable examples would be boomkins (which have 2 spammable CC, one of which cannot be dispelled by normal means + slows + strong heals) and warlocks (demonic gateway is still great, healthstones are huge, and fear is always effective on helping teammates to gain distance/LoS their attackers). Hunters are also great with sacrifice/freedom/slows. Notice that this in no way indicates that the classes are strong/weak in PvP, they simply have a big array of tools that are very helpful in team settings.

As for melees it becomes much harder, but if played well, rogues are extremely effective in shutting down a nuke/train in their teammates, especially considering they have cooldowns that give them brief immunity which is very helpful in emergency situations. Another class would be feral due having the same toolkit as boomkins.
    hmmm well ive saved a few games shield and using lay on hands as a paladin and backing up healers when need be. A shaman and boomkin sound like they might be able to help out similar compared to the paladin toolkit

Deleted
    I would agree with you regarding shamans, but at this point (where haste values are low, melees seem to proliferate in pvp, and there are interrupts everywhere) I'd say they aren't as strong, especially elemental. Yes, grounding yes great and so is tremor, but fears are much less of a problem nowadays, and it isn't without reason people say that the only way elemental shamans have to peel is to do damage: you possess no spammable cc, off-healing has been nerfed, and your mobility tends to make you pretty vulnerable to switches...and their damage isn't that good atm.

Still, so far it seems that the meta dictates that teams with at least one purger are very strong, so even if the shaman lacks a bit behind on the "support departement" compared to boomkin/retri/warlock, they are perfectly viable (if you ignore their current dps issues).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragaflask View Post
    hmmm well ive saved a few games shield and using lay on hands as a paladin and backing up healers when need be. A shaman and boomkin sound like they might be able to help out similar compared to the paladin toolkit
    You can LOH in arena? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Evren View Post
    You can LOH in arena? :/
    Battlegrounds you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enha shamans are rather dogshit though. Maelstrom doesn't even affect Hex anymore from what I've noticed.

IMO the classes that can assist partners from best to worse are:
    -Paladin
    -Druid
    -Rogue
    -Mage
    -Priest
    -Shaman
    -Hunter
    -Warrior
    -Warlock
    -Monk
    -DK

Classes with a ton of CC/spammable CC and strong healing are ranged highest naturally. Some classes are great at peeling with roots or simply pressure. Paladin has to be at the top atm due to stupid healing with druid followed closely due to spammable CCs, pressure and heals. After that I chose rogue because a good rogue will be able to shutdown a ton of burst when timed correctly. Mage with spammable CC and roots naturally and priest with grip/shields.

I'd rank hunter the same/below as shaman or maybe higher, but I haven't seen that many shamans. A hunter will be able to slow you indefinitely and trap you/RoS the partner. Besides that they can't do much. Maybe I should rank DK higher than monk for the simple reason of ranged slow, death grip and asphyx, but I don't want to seem like someone who rates his own main the lowest everywhere (although I already seem like one anyways).

Deleted
    Monks have rly good peels, along with mages and rogues but they all suffer from big cds or drs, i find them good but not the best(in most situations), rets always had good utility due to bop/freedom/sacrifice and heals, and having forbearance on 30 sec cd now makes it even better, heals are strong on your teammates once u start using Judgment, outside that the heals are dog, and they lack CC, ferals can peel a lot also, incarnation, clone, bash or incap + they can heal a lot. On paper a lot of classes look rly good in terms of utility, its up to you to make it work, because most of them require skill at some point. I also think hunter peel is a bit crap now, Binding shot bugs a lot, they removed scatter, pet CC, blanket cs, and landing traps can be tricky sometimes since there is a small delay till they hit the ground, and if you play with lone wolf you got no pet either, so good bye freedom, RoS, id say they are mediocre, i like the aspect of the fox change tho, can save lifes if used at the right time. Anyway like i said, its up to you to make whatever you are playing work, and its also up for your team to listen or call out when they are in trouble, communication is key.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Enha shamans are rather dogshit though. Maelstrom doesn't even affect Hex anymore from what I've noticed.

-Paladin
    -Druid
    -Rogue
    -Mage
    -Priest
    -Shaman
    -Hunter
    -Warrior
    -Warlock
    -Monk
    -DK

Classes with a ton of CC/spammable CC and strong healing are ranged highest naturally. Some classes are great at peeling with roots or simply pressure. Paladin has to be at the top atm due to stupid healing with druid followed closely due to spammable CCs, pressure and heals. After that I chose rogue because a good rogue will be able to shutdown a ton of burst when timed correctly. Mage with spammable CC and roots naturally and priest with grip/shields.

I'd rank hunter the same/below as shaman or maybe higher, but I haven't seen that many shamans. A hunter will be able to slow you indefinitely and trap you/RoS the partner. Besides that they can't do much. Maybe I should rank DK higher than monk for the simple reason of ranged slow, death grip and asphyx, but I don't want to seem like someone who rates his own main the lowest everywhere (although I already seem like one anyways).
    Druid seems good peeling class in paper, but in practise not very good. Rogue is light years ahead in usefulness, atleast in 2v2. In 2v2 both balance druid and feral can be shutdown very easily with right combo.

Deleted
    ^ every class can be shutdown, some easier than others, for example if you force a rog to use cloak/trinket on any kind of CC u can always target him after, they drop like flies in a stun, besides druids are one of the hardest class to CC just because they got rly good mobility and you can avoid some CC if u change forms and im not talking only about sheeps or other CC's that can only be done on humanoids, you can easily outrun a priest that is comming to fear you, unless you fear him out of a stun/trap, also if you hit a boomkin nowdays he becomes immune to interrupts, so free casting + a lot of procs, so hitting a boomkin might do you more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post

-Paladin
    -Druid
    -Rogue
    -Mage
    -Priest
    -Shaman
    -Hunter
    -Warrior
    -Warlock
    -Monk
    -DK

Truthfully i might try out my rogue and shaman as alts. I have seen a lot of burst from rogues lately but of course im sure thats all a gearing issues at the moment and of course a shaman just for fun.